Just Energy "door to door" Reviews | Glassdoor

Just Energy Employee Reviews about "door to door"

Updated Sep 5, 2019

3.3
Just Energy President and CEO Patrick McCullough (no image)
Patrick McCullough
Pros
  • "Great work environment and atmosphere(in 25 reviews)

• "I had a lot of development opportunities and met some great people(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Declining sales due to provincial restrictions on door to door sales(in 42 reviews)

• "People work long hours, far from their home and get no benefits(in 22 reviews)

Reviews about "door to door"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best Job Ever"

Current Employee - Energy Advisor in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Just Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Make a ton of easy money if you can sale. I quit my machining job that i went to school for that paid well and i enjoy JE way more and get way more money.

Cons

Door to door. Hours 11-8

Just Energy2018-12-21
  2. "Not the best"

Former Employee - Energy Advisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Just Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

There were lots of hours that could be worked Getting over time was not hard Making money was easy with lots of determination

Cons

Door to door Stressful both physically and mentally Overtime was required most of the time No work and life balance Working long hours

Advice to Management

I would have appreciated it more if I could have had more time to myself and had worked earlier hours.

Just Energy2019-09-06

"Needs improvement"

I worked at Just Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good room for growth and income on the sales level, good health benefits and other perks, flexible hours for corporate employees, good incentives for sales reps. Best energy products and plans to sell in the market.

Cons

Lack of communication, very long hours 6 days a week for sales reps, often asked to work unpaid on days off or attend tons of "team building" events that last for hours but mostly just consist of team getting drunk together, unprofessional work environment, sketchy and misleading (not to mention sometimes illegal) interviewing and hiring practices, door to door sales in a dead market, rampant favoritism and sexism,... low quality and poorly educated leadership, employees guilted into not taking PTO or sick days, leaders consistently use "scare tactics" and fear mongering in order to get results, constant turnover in all levels of the company, lack of empathy or compassion for employees, toxic work environment, they are desperate and will hire almost anyone, no loyalty to the employees that actually DO stay on.

Advice to Management

Get your communication together, stop relying solely on door to door, pay corporate employees more and higher base wages for sales reps, motivate your employees rather than scare them into making quota by constantly putting their job on the line. Stop misleading candidates in the job interview.

Just Energy2018-12-07

"If i could give them 0 stars I would. DO NOT work here!!"

I worked at Just Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can get away with lying and being disrespectful if you are in a higher position than an energy advisor.

Cons

Theres alot of favoritism. I was disrespected by My TEAM LEAD. Our Mananager did NOTHING about it. Not only I, but 2 of my female coworkers were disrespected by the same TEAM LEAD and another Male Co worker again our Manager did NOTHING about it. Very uncomfortable place to work at. They don't pay you enough to be going to door to door, they dont care if you get attacked or bit by dogs. People pull out knifes,... guns, want to fight you because they have already been screwed over by Just Energy. Very very poor management. They tell you to what to say (lie) to people then when we get a complaint we get in trouble for it even though that is how they taught us.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Do not promote people because they are your "favorite". Promote them if they are a good leader, hard worker, have proven that they should get promoted. If someone comes to you for help you need to HELP them, not lie to them or say you will fix it when you wont.

Just Energy2018-10-22
  5. "Sales rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Concord, CA

I worked at Just Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just energy had a fun work environment with amazing people

Cons

Door to door sales in bad neighborhoods at night

Advice to Management

A little more protection for the staff

Just Energy2018-08-22

"Salesman"

I worked at Just Energy full-time

Pros

Its an energetic and up beat office. If the job is out o fyour comfort zone, the manager at the Townson MD office will work with you. The job was easy.

Cons

I was never told that I would be in door to door sales. I had to be in the office by 11am and we wouldnt be out of the field until 930PM. The scheduling made no sense. Its an extremely competitive field, everyone feels like they're better than you. You only had to work monday through thursday however the managers make you feel pressured into working monday through saturday even though it isnt mandatory. I was... dropped off ALONE in sketchy neighborhoods where a group of men even ran up to me screaming and threatening me and no one in the office did anything about it. It takes four weeks before you even get your first paycheck.

Advice to Management

Be more honest when someone asks about their specific position, don't sugarcoat the job. Don't pressure people into working more than what is mandatory if they expressed from the beginning why they only want to work whats expected of them. Finally, make sure the areas you are dropping people off in are actually safe for them to be alone in, especially if they are small females.

Just Energy2018-01-10

"Sales"

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

You get good exercise walking door to door. The people there are nice for the most part. Managers are helpful .

Cons

Door to Door sales, poor benefits, lack of real career advancement. They prey on people with no career prospects with a time share esque pitch and dupe them into taking an offer

Just Energy2017-10-19
  8. "Still seeing how it is"

I have been working at Just Energy full-time

Pros

Make your own money, Regionals are very motivating

Cons

Door to door, Sucks in areas that have been deregulated for a long time.

Advice to Management

MORE TRAINING FROM THE BEST

Just Energy2016-03-25
  9. "It was ok"

Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

Easy Money Free training Competitve pay Active and vibrate work space

Cons

Shady business practices Door to door sales Misleading job information

Advice to Management

None

Just Energy2015-10-26

"Busted, disgusted, and can't be trusted Worked there for 3yrs"

Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Just Energy for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay if you can sell Mr. Allen was the most fun to work for the other 2 regionals sucked that I worked for.

Cons

No benefits ,long hours Management tells you to never accept no for an answer even if you have to lie to get the yes 30yrs of door to door experience was one of top sellers in office never was considered for promotion wasn't part of management or executives buddies even though I was asked to train new hires no compensation for it . They tell you are an independent contractor nothing independent about it you go... where they tell you &when they tell you. Can't plan call backs that way. After working 13 days straight decided to work half day on a Saturday on Monday was fired for not working full day even though was top 3 in office for week. The lying to customers and employees is reason why people don't trust door knockers. New hires beware in America all communities require permits to sell door to door no exceptions very few towns are free to work but there are some but even in those towns they require you to either check in with the police department or city hall. If you don't you can be ticketed or even jailed.

Advice to Management

Fire management that encourage sales at any cost this is how you get employees to lie to customers. promote people whom have good ethics for when you promote people with no ethics they teach this to others. Mr. Pritchard talk to all your ic'snot just top people for the week prior to your arrival look at peoples past numbers you may see that they might just be in a slump don't threaten firing them if numbers don't... increase before you go back home remember negatives don't create positives. I still love going door to door please don't ruin it for the rest of us whom do the right thing it's already hard enough

Just Energy2015-10-11