KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 157 of over 187 reviews

4.4
JustAnswer CEO Andy Kurtzig
Andy Kurtzig
Pros
  • "The work-life balance is amazing for a tech company(in 26 reviews)

• "I have been working with JustAnswer for the past 8 months(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Justanswer will keep all the money unless the customer rates the answer(in 12 reviews)

• "Management is very well-meaning, but the business model can't sustain itself(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very good place to work

Aug 18, 2021 - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Very kind and clever individuals. - Big company culture. - A lot of challenges that really make you grow. - People are really easy to work with and clear on what the expectations are.

Cons

- Challenging working from home and getting oriented around the company. - Because there are offices in the Ukraine, some meetings are very early in the morning (6:30-7am).

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Feb 16, 2021 - Expert in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote job Work from home Working hours flexible

Cons

Workload is not constant Salary is low

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

JustAnswer culture

Mar 2, 2021 - Growth
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is the company willing to hire junior people

Cons

Not customer centric Lean equals cost effective

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great for work on your own time

Nov 25, 2020 - ASE Certified Automotive Technician in Bloomfield, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your own schedule, pay is decent and you can make extra by taking phone calls and upselling more time. The more you work, the more money you can make.

Cons

No taxes taken out. But not like a side job where it is cash. Some customers are expecting the world, but we are on the other side of it and can only give advice. I cannot physically do the testing for them. So it gets frustrating sometimes. I've learned my lessons already and am at peace with this.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Long in the tooth

Dec 1, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of people. Very effective distributed multi-national engineering team.

Cons

They have been growing slowly forever; going nowhere slowly. The senior management has no vision for the company, no idea of what they should be when they grow up.

7 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Helpful Organization

Jul 24, 2020 - Subject Matter Expert
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am frequently told by customers how helpful the service is and how pleased they are with the service. I feel the company does a really great job of making professionals, that otherwise might be cost prohibitive, available to all.

Cons

The system does not allow much time for the experts to selects calls. I understand why the system is setup this way and I am not sure there is a better way.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Same as most reviews: good people, poor management

Oct 10, 2019 - Individual Contributor in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great folks to work with, great employee perks like catered lunches and awesome snacks.

Cons

Poor leadership all the way up to CEO. Sketchy monetization strategy (check out the consumer complaints online!)

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Don't value their employees, don't invest in people

Jun 26, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Location, catered lunch on tues/thursday, you learn a lot, good work-life balance

Cons

Low-ball your salary, no growth here, executive team is on a power trip

6 people found this review helpful

Head of People Operations

I'm sorry that this has been your experience at JustAnswer. It is not consistent with what I see on a daily basis. We try very hard to keep our compensation competitive with the market. It would be great to have an opportunity to directly address this with you. - Dave

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing Faster and Better

May 13, 2019 - Software Development Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Joined the company over a year ago and the culture is amazing! Everyone can talk to any of the leaders at any time. There is a real commitment to building skills beyond what is needed to do the job. I feel that I'm getting ready to more and eventually lead entire teams. They encourage people to travel to the offices in Ukraine, India and San Francisco, so, it's easy to be connected. Being part of the mission to make a difference in professional services (long overdue) is exciting. I feel that I can really make a difference.

Cons

The kitchens are really well stocked but could use some new stuff from time to time.

Head of People Operations

Thank you for posting this review. We are very proud of the results that our engineering team has achieved. We think that one of the 'ingredients in our secret sauce' has been how our people travel to learn from one another. Dave

10. 5.0

Great People, Place, Projects and Opportunity

Jan 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The highest number of smart, collaborative people in one place! Knowing you get to work with people you like and respect every day, work on interesting problems and make progress on projects that make a difference makes this place really stand out. The location is fantastic too - the Presidio is stunning and full of hundreds of years of history. You can see the Golden Gate bridge, the bay and sailboats out the window, and there is no smog or city noise. Although you can hear the parrots occasionally.... The business is growing fast and we are hiring in a lot of areas and a lot of different locations. The market for online services is growing and JustAnswer leads the market - there is real opportunity here.

Cons

We have fallen behind in HR best practices and training of managers, although we have made recent changes that are promising - like an unlimited PTO policy.

3 people found this review helpful

Head of People Operations

Thank you for your great and balanced review! While we are growing quickly, you're right that we need to continue to keep our people practices current and effective. We have some exciting plans for career and personal development that will provide challenging ways to keep skills on the cutting edge while preparing our people for whatever their dream jobs may be. - Dave

Viewing 1 - 10 of 157 Reviews