JustFab Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Adam Goldenberg and Don Ressler

Pros
  • It is a teamwork and work-life balance environment (in 5 reviews)

• It is a super fast paced environment with a ton of opportunity to learn and make a serious impact (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a struggle the first year depending on how fast paced your department is (in 9 reviews)

• Growing pains from the company expanding so quickly (lack of communication, space, etc (in 5 reviews)

"Excellent Company, Team and Environment"

Current Employee - Developer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time

Pros

JustFab (now TechStyle) is an excellent company with excellent people. The transparency is pretty incredible. You often know as much about the company as the execs. It's easy to feel apart of the team whether you're working in the office or working remotely. Managers, Directors, VPs are easy to talk to and feel just as part of the team as anyone else. At any other company of this size, most of the same title are lazy and lose respect. Not here. These guys are awesome and the most hard working people you'll meet.

Cons

Cross communication often sucks, but that's very typical of a company this size with so many parts moving.

As a developer working with ColdFusion is taxing. Because CF is such an antiquated language that never evolved, it attracts developers who haven't either. So the codebase is a mess where all good intentions go to die.

Advice to Management

Mgmt is awesome. you're great.

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at JustFab part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great discount and cute clothes.

Cons

Where do I begin? If you want to work in a miserably uncomfortable environment surrounded by mean girls, look no further. I had the displeasure of working for Regina George herself. I can recall getting chastised for clocking in at 8:01 when my shift was scheduled at 8:00. Management will not let you clock in until you have your belongings put away and you signed out a POS device, had logged in, and read the communications log. Meaning you were working about 15 minutes before you were actually allowed to clock in. And don't even think about clocking in a minute before or after your scheduled shift. I decided to quit because of how mean and cliquey the staff was.

Advice to Management

Stop with the micro management. If it gets done, what difference does it make if it's not done the way you like it? Not only that, but every single job I have had had a 10 minute clock in buffer. If the management wasn't so terrible, it would be a wonderful company to work for. The stores are innovative and inspiring, however, the managers are quite the opposite.

3. "Great Company"

I have been working at JustFab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement and promotes from within, they value communication Executives and regular employees as well as transparency. There are fun events every Quarter and regular mixers for employees.

Cons

High levels of stress, key positions resigning and pay.

5. "Beautiful yet disfunctional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Beautiful office, with tons of amenities like a lunchroom and a bar
    Large digital media and TV operation, make for great learning
    Fast paced business

Cons

Team has gone downhill as management has not held high standards or is unexperienced in motivating and leading teams
    Lots of drinking and parties, which would be a pro, but it's leading to laziness and taking advantage of business
    Low attendance from key management

Advice to Management

Leadership training
    Put some structure and procedures in place
    Get back to basics

"Great company and culture, with ideas for growth."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab (Less than a year)

Pros

Management flexible, open to new ideas. Great healthcare benefit options, including Health Savings Account (HSA) plan. The office is very nice looking and has a good atmosphere. Upper management seems very passionate about growing and expanding the business, and cares greatly for employee morale in the office. There is a cafeteria style restaurant in the office that offers breakfast and lunch, which has great healthy options and is very affordable. There is fruit-infused water available every day, and usually fresh fruit is available. A great benefit is a discounted gym membership to a couple of the upscale local gyms. Great ability for areas of growth in the company, as it is still relatively young and departments are looking to solidify their processes and foundations.

Cons

No 401k plan company match. Open office layout can sometimes make it difficult to focus due to noise.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! To date, I have had a very pleasant experience as an employee at Justfab. In terms of benefits, the one suggestion I have is it would be great if there was a 401k plan company match to encourage more people to save for retirement. Also some sort of equity purchase plan would be an interesting idea, even a limited one.

7. "Fast Paced Fun"

I have been working at JustFab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always something new to learn if you're the type that tries to do things better. Mgmt is very supportive. People are excellent to work with.

Cons

Company's growing so fast there's a backlog on everyone's plate. Feels like we could be doing better if we could execute solutions faster.

Advice to Management

I have no advise for mgmt. I think they are doing a great job and I see effort to improve the leadership of mgmt.

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - Marketing in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in El Segundo, CA

I worked at JustFab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Booze. Some Reality Show. If you are into that. Cheap shoes on the cheap. Enter at your own risk. A water tumbler.

Cons

Can't Booze too much. Your boss may or may not disappear for a week or two at a time. That might be a con, right?

Advice to Management

Stock options. More free water tumblers. Still have mine. Innovation shouldn't be stifled so much.

"Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I would highly recommend working at this company. Management inspires work hard, play hard mentality and leadership at all levels. It doesn't matter which brand / business unit / department you're a part of because you truly feel like one company where all employees are treated equally. I appreciate management's transparency and honesty about how the company is doing, what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong, plans for the future and how we plan to get there. The company is growing fast and there are new employees starting every week. Despite significant increase in headcount, I have yet to meet one disgruntled employee.

Cons

The cons are quite minor and have nothing to do with the people, the work or the facilities (in El Segundo anyway).

Advice to Management

Cheering for you! Keep on keepin' on...

"Managment Bullying"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Pretty building hides the scary insides

Cons

Management Bullying huge problem very common and accepted

Advice to Management

Stop Management Bullying - get the Managers some anger management training. Not just unleash their anger on us.

JustFab Response

Jun 21, 2016 – SVP, The People Team

Hi, thanks for sharing your concerns and speaking up. I'd very much like the opportunity to learn more about your particular situation. While I'm confident that what you're experiencing is an ... More

11. "Transparent, strong, growing employer"

Current Employee - Front-End Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Front-End Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nicest people you'll ever work with and "fun" place to be - morale is generally always positive.
    Good opportunities for personal development.
    Company has high goals and a strong outlook.
    Innovation and entrepreneurialism are tangibly rewarded.
    Decent bonus package based on team goals + company performance.
    Accessible management/leadership

Cons

Rapid growth and fast-paced environment means things can often change quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing in striving for excellence and empowering your people. Don't get complacent during success.