Justifacts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeanette Spofford

1. "It's a nice job but there's more cons than pros"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrysville, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrysville, PA

I worked at Justifacts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice landscaping, most coworkers are nice, set schedules, Michelle Yoder is great

Cons

Micromanage, there is favoritism, too much family in the business, the CEO ..everyone is terrified of her, no training, standards change Day to day, you get belittled a lot in front of others for doing what was ok the day before but not today, high turnover, equipment is terrible like the program doesn't work half the time, very very picky people who check your work, bosses get mean for no reason..if ones mad then they all are. The higher staff makes you feel like garbage. Pay isn't good. You have to take written tests to get a raise otherwise you don't get one

Advice to Management

Stop belittling people, get better organization skills, have training, have standards..things can't just change Day to day..

2. "Good for families"

Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Justifacts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible family oriented company with understanding and kind management

Cons

pay is low, this job could be a remote position

Advice to Management

better pay

3. "Literally the worst job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrysville, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murrysville, PA

I have been working at Justifacts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are only two pros: The first is that most of the people who work here are incredibly kind and nice people. However, since the president/CEO micromanages the entire company and no one can manage in a way that's different than what she dictates without facing her wrath, you really don't get any of the benefits from working with nice people. The hours are also very set. You work 8-5 with a guaranteed hour lunch. There's rarely any need to work overtime, which can be good or bad whether or not you're salaried or hourly.

Cons

The president is horrible. A horrible, flat out mean woman. She is in her 80s and runs the company as if she's a prison warden. What she says goes, even if she knows that she's wrong. She doesn't have the ability to admit when she's wrong and when someone else may have a better idea than her. She has absolutely no idea how to lead a company in a way that is inspiring and I've seen her flat out refuse to help people better understand their jobs and what they need to do in order to succeed here.

If you are hired in a position where you should be speaking up and helping to improve the place, you will not succeed here. She should just employ a bunch of assistants being paid minimum wage because she only wants yes people who don't have minds of their own. If you dare to ask a question she doesn't like or even go to the kitchen at a time she doesn't agree with, she will humiliate you and degrade you in front of everyone, and do it loudly.

The employees are all terrified of her, and because she is a micromanager to rule all micromanagers, you can't get away from her. It's impossible to "keep your head down" and just get through the day because she will undoubtedly find something you aren't doing right to her standards (like not holding your phone the right way, or smiling too much), and completely rip you apart for it. She makes daily rounds to pick people apart for just doing their jobs. I've seen people crying in the bathroom on a near-daily basis because of her. It's to the point where there's a company-wide understanding that if you see someone crying, it's because of Jeanette.

The bad thing is, she's probably read all of these reviews. But since she thinks she is always right, there's no getting through to her. I'm sure she just thinks everyone who is writing these is a "bad apple" or trying to undermine her somehow.

My advice: stay as far away as you can. Take a job at Giant Eagle or somewhere at the mall. You'll be paid more (seriously!) and won't work under someone so evil.

Advice to Management

After 30+ years of acting this way, there's no turning it around. The president should just retire because she'll never change. Let someone else take over the company and actually make this a place where people can thrive and be happy. Stop running the company like it's 1987.

"Bare minimum"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turtle Creek, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turtle Creek, PA

I have been working at Justifacts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In this day and age, with the state of the economy, I am grateful to have steady employment.

Cons

There is a definite show of favoritism and a general feeling of entitlement to certain departments in the business. The owner gives bare bones as far as perks. Yet expects undying loyalty and appreciation.

"Unfortunate Time in My Life"

I worked at Justifacts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees at Justifacts were very friendly. I think that everyone but the CEO knew that there were some real morale problems and they were trying to work on that. Plus, the work-life balance was great. Overtime was never required, but frequently offered. The work itself was extremely easy, but it was amazing how many people simply didn't get it.

Cons

The pay was extremely low, and I saw several people leave in the short time I was there because they left for a similar job with much better pay. There is almost no opportunity for higher-level advancement. I was competent at my work and showed up, so I (and many others) ended up covering for a couple of people who rarely showed up. It was very frustrating, and despite some threats to those employees, there was no follow-through. The CEO was absolutely ridiculous in her desire to micromanage her 100 employees. Once, I heard her get into an argument for 20 minutes about whether or not a newer hire should use a headset. Even though many other people in the office do not use them, she insisted that this particular employee use it and even when he insisted it actually slowed him down and was uncomfortable, she would not let it go. It was absolutely crazy that she, someone who is so focused on productivity and numbers, argued with this person, keeping them from their work for that period of time. There were also several times when I personally was shooed out of manager's offices while I was asking questions because the CEO was coming and they didn't want her to think that we were "hanging out." It was insane. I have never seen a group of people so terrified of someone; she thought intimidation was the best motivation. No wonder turnover is so high.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with the heart of the company. If you stop acting like you all know how to do our jobs, then people will be much happier.

6. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Murrysville, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Murrysville, PA

I worked at Justifacts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Justifacts for four years. It was my first job out of college, and I really enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with, and I only left in order to relocate. Most people there start as a verification specialist, but promotions are available to those who perform well. I started as a verification specialist and was an assistant account manager when I left. There is a lot to learn at first, but nearly everyone is willing to help and answer questions. There's a good mix of newer employees and people who have been there for years.

Cons

There is a bit of a high turnover because lot of the verification specialist, a big chunk of the employees, tend to be younger, recent college grads, which makes sense for an entry-level position. It can result in some employees who are a little immature and not as professional as they should be, but they don't tend to last.

Advice to Management

Continue to make sure that all employees are treated respectfully. Consider enforcing the dress code more strictly.

"RUN FAR AWAY!"

Former Employee - Middle Management in Murrysville, PA
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Murrysville, PA

I worked at Justifacts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are nice (excluding the owner) and you get a pizza party every once in a blue moon.

Cons

Where to begin.. The owner is the last person who should be running the business. If it wasn't for her there wouldn't have been such a high turnover rate. I saw A LOT of great employees leave because the work environment was horrible. There were a lot of demands that were impossible to meet. When times got extremely busy instead of hiring more employees they demoted people to complete the work. The work environment was gross, by gross I mean there were so many stink bugs in the lights, ceilings, and walking around on the floors that you couldn't help but step on them. The owner use to be a teacher and thought she was the principal of "her school". If she saw you talking to someone (helping someone) she stood right next to you ease dropping on your conversation until you went back to your desk. You basically needed a "hall pass" to even go to the bathroom. She also enjoyed paging people into her office repeatedly which was extremely disruptive when trying to complete your work. Justifacts sucks the life out of people. People openly tell you how much they hate their job and working there. The pay was not good for the amount of work you had to do. They expected too much from their employees and unless you had an appreciative account manager then you never got a "Thank you" (besides the thank you on the good old coffee mugs they give you when you start).. "We appreciate everything you do" --- Please, save your money, we all know you didn't appreciate us. You should have paid us more than buying coffee mugs.

Advice to Management

Retire, retire, retire. It is time to let the family members take over the business so it can be run properly and employees can be treated with respect.

Definition of "respect" (since you do not know what it is): A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

"Unnecessarily stressful environment"

I worked at Justifacts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Regular hours and nice coworkers. Pays above minimum wage. Middle management seemed to have relatively low turnover.

Cons

Extreme micromanagement, sometimes unrealistic standards for the amount of work that can be completed within a given time period. The job is not complicated but often depends on waiting for responses from others. There was low job security/high turnover rate at the verification specialist level because of this. I saw many decent employees put on probation or terminated in the short time that I was there.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging employees. Sometimes it is not possible to get people to respond quickly, especially when contacting employers and schools in other countries. Verification specialists should not be punished because of this.

"Not recommended"

Former Employee - Verification Specialist in Murrysville, PA

I worked at Justifacts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Better than retail. If you are desperate for employment, go for it.

Cons

The positive review was clearly written by the president of the company. All you really need to know about working at Justifacts is their ability to retain employees. The benefits package they offer is a joke, especially considering that they only hire employees that have a four year degree. There is very limited opportunity for promotion. They do not advertise open positions within the company and promotions are based on being in the right place at the right time. Employees are constantly micromanaged on all levels. The president of the company regularly calls employees to her office a la a school principal. The worst part about working at Justifacts is they obviously do not care about their employees. For an example, google the words "Justifacts" and "Hazmat".

Advice to Management

Hide your disdain and apathy toward your employees a little better.

"Interesting place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Murrysville, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Murrysville, PA

I have been working at Justifacts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people who work there are fantastic. There's never a dull day. The object is to weed out the undesirables, uncover the truth, and hopefully find our client the best applicants to hire.

Cons

There's no set salary range for each position. If your paid hourly, is non-salary hourly, which sucks because every few months there's a pay period with a day short, then another (before or after) that is a day +. Hard to keep track of and make ends meet unless your diligent about it.

Advice to Management

Change pay periods to either bi-weekly or non-salary weekly.