KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

K-Designers

Is this your company?

K-Designers

Add a Review

K-Designers Employee Reviews about "commissions"

Updated Oct 15, 2021

Found 9 of over 188 reviews

4.4
K-Designers President & CEO     Larry Judson (no image)
Larry Judson
Pros
  • "K-Designers has been in the business for 43 years already(in 23 reviews)

• "Opportunities for commissions and bonuses(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "some of them didn't even make an appointment(in 9 reviews)

• "Workloads and long hours especially for projects with short deadlines, can’t be avoided(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "commissions"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great experience. Friendly employees.

Oct 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve improved my skills in customer service and learned the importance of being professional and polite despite the circumstances. They have given me the tools and the guidance I need to enjoy my work. I’m satisfied with the pay and the commissions. Overall, I would recommend working here.

Cons

Dealing with customer complaints may seem challenging at first, but I think that’s the nature of this work and you should have the skills and the willingness to complete your tasks with the best results.

2. 5.0

Destination Company

May 31, 2021 - Outside Sales Professional
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about K-Designers is that the company is all out in supporting the Sales Team so we are always motivated to surpass our targets. For me, K-Designers is definitely a destination company. We cover 17 of 50 states so there’s a lot of opportunity to make sales. I don’t even have to do prospecting! There are opportunities to move up the ladder too, if that’s what you like. The package is incredible - salary is given weekly and we have the following benefits:  401K  Commissions  Dental / Health Insurance  Employee assistance program  Referral program

Cons

Use of personal vehicle for work. I’m always on the road so work / life balance is a challenge. Just be ready to put in the hours because we work even on weekends.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great to work in a productive and fun environment!

Feb 25, 2021 - Sales Representative in Gold River, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a renowned company with a great reputation. This definitely is a plus during sales. Employees get great opportunity to learn and work in a positive environment. The schedule is pretty much fixed here but if required, you can request for a PTO. My peers are very co-operative. We get good compensation along with great commissions.

Cons

I didn’t find any con to report.

4. 5.0

My New Home

Oct 22, 2020 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Here at K-Designers, we are trained to exceed customers’ expectations at every contact point – so our clients are always happy and more than satisfied doing business with us. The company’s work output is always of topnotch quality and this has translated to several referrals and repeat business which make my job in Sales easy. The no downpayment policy of K-Designers is also a big come-on to prospective clients. Compensation-wise, our payslip is always on time too. And we get commissions, too!

Cons

Having had no prior experience in construction, I have to exert extra effort to learn the business, our products, and services. There are also some customers who are difficult to collect from but this can be easily resolved.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Marketing Director

Oct 13, 2014 - Marketing Director in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am currently a Marketing Director at K Designers and have now been with them for six months. This has to be one of the best home improvement companies that I have worked for in the last 10 years. There are on average 3 leads a day to run which gives you a fantastic chance for a six figure income. The turn around time from contract signing to work performed is the fastest that I have ever seen in this industry, which results in getting paid your commissions that much faster. In the six months that I have been with the company I have averaged between 7K and 9K in compensation per month and currently am tracking to earn over 100K my first year here. The sales promotions that are run monthly are incredible with free air fare for two free football tickets for two and all accommodations paid for as an example. Each month based upon sales there is a rollover bonus where the sky is the limit. I have been in this industry now for 10 years and I have to say that this is the best company that I've ever worked for in home improvements.

Cons

I have to say that I cannot really think of anything to write here.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company, difficult job

Mar 19, 2015 - Marketing Director in Burnsville, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training is top notch (just follow their system closely and you WILL make a lot of money, it's been proven many times over). The people who decide to follow the system and stick around are great and a big part of the reason I stayed as long as I did. Bonus and commission structure allows you to make A LOT of money with no previous experience. Company gives you a draw to help you pay for expenses while you wait for your first commissions to come in. You can take time off almost whenever you want/need it. Great tax write-offs.

Cons

Tremendous turnover. Since most salespeople don't want to learn the new system and give up their old ways they fail and quit. (If you don't want to continue to improve and/or aren't teachable and coachable then don't apply). Long and uncertain hours. No medical or benefits, or paid vacation because of commission-only structure.

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great career opportunity if you want to make what you are capable of earning!

Sep 3, 2012 - Marketing Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for six years and left a $72k job for it, and it's the best career decision I ever made. Training the company provides is ongoing for your whole career. If you learn to present the way it's taught, this is a no pressure sale - the customers decide to buy. If you pressure the customers, you'll have very poor results, because that is the opposite of how we're being coached to present. But even if you learn how to present correctly, nothing works every time. But that's also true for any sales position! For customers, we get to meet with the entire spectrum of home owners - from multimillion dollar mansions on the lake to trailer homes, and everything in between. There is NO way to tell up front or over the phone who will end up purchasing, or even who can. The job is to simply run the program by the homeowners and let them decide to purchase or not; and for their sake, we do everything we possibly can to help them own our package and improve their home. The hours can at times get long, but mostly it's like having a 2nd shift job. I'm not aware of any six-figure jobs out there where you would not have to work for your money. I have a doctor in my family, and she actually works more hours than me and makes less. I guess if you are expecting to get big pay for little or no work, this job is jot for you. However, once you learn how to present properly in the way being shown, this becomes one of the easiest sales jobs you could have. It does take effort to learn it, though. The pay structure is straightforward and management made sure I fully understood what factors affect pay. Like any other job with direct accountability, each individual determines what his or her income will be. The commissions and bonus structure are among the highest in the industry according to several publications. There are also always extra contests and bonuses to take advantage of. Upper management is very much involved. There are three 1-hour conference calls per week with the entire sales staff, and the owner/president frequently joins the call. There is contant available support upwards through all layers of management to help everyone be successful. The company has also scoured the nation for the best lending programs available. Right from the home, within about a 5-10 minute call, you can get a whole spectrum of finance options available for the customers, with full approvals on the spot. Some programs are with no interest for extended periods.

Cons

Driving can add up, however you get a serious tax break which adds up to huge savings. Hours are like having a 2nd shift job, but one that can pay six figures. Six days a week is optional, but many decide to work as much as possible to learn quicker and to make more income. Some appointments will be non-valid, but that's true for ANY in-home sales! This company has several processes in place to minimize that. But even still, the appointments are preset by the company, which is WAY easier than prospecting and setting your own.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for. That's why they have been in business for 38 years and counting.

Dec 14, 2016 - Marketing in Gold River, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Just like any job if you're willing to work hard and put in the time you get rewarded by the opportunity to move up the corporate ladder. K-Designers is one of the biggest remodeling companies in the nation. Run by Mr. Larry Judson, who is in the Hall of Fame in our industry which very few can say that. He's been on some of the biggest Boards in our industry. Pros are that once you show that you're capable, this company allows you to progress quicker than most and have the ability to wear many hats therefore giving you lots of opportunities to be very well-rounded. A lot of the jobs are merit based, so you get paid based on what you're worth versus being told what you're worth. Opportunities for commissions and bonuses. Opportunities for Advancement. That's why I have been with this company for a very long time. I definitely recommend if you're considering employment with our company, that you take the time to come in and speak to one of our representatives. I'm sure you will be impressed like I was long ago. This is a family run business, and they treat you with great respect. If you willing to work hard and follow the corporate program, this is a great company to work for.

Cons

N/A Honestly I can't think of anything bad about our company here at the corporate office except for maybe people in the call center should stop littering in the parking lot. Perhaps Starbucks coffee in the break room. Small pet peeves for a company whose earned my loyalty over the years.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Pros

No micromanagement, self-driven position that you can prospect anywhere residentially, flexible hours, amazing commissions when everything goes right, lots of employee/management feedback and training.

Cons

1099 position - everything out of your pocket!, pre-set leads could start at 8pm on a weekday, construction industry - lots of unknowns to be aware of, prospects very sensitive to economy.

2 people found this review helpful