The latest conversations about Real Estate
I dont even know what to post in here. Its a real estate group. That means its opportunities. We can complain about down economy or find the opportunities. Its literally the best time to buy real estate. The reality is you have to do the work as an entity or individual to align yourself with movers, shakers, cashbuyers, sellers.
Got a burning question about K. Hovnanian Homes? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with K. Hovnanian Homes employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are good and the floor plans were well designed." (in 22 reviews)
- "Their some great people in the field who do an excellent job with what timelines their given to build a nice looking home" (in 20 reviews)
- "The pay is good and the company is on the cutting edge of technological support." (in 18 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good" (in 11 reviews)
- "Great coworkers" (in 7 reviews)
- "Most make their money and move on, very few ever get to management or corporate positions." (in 34 reviews)
- "Bad upper management." (in 12 reviews)
- "Some managers are classis 'yes men', not willing to change approach" (in 7 reviews)
- "Also work as a team..." (in 5 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and don’t care about people." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of K. Hovnanian Homes and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 351 of over 369 reviews
Updated Sep 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Jul 8, 2023ManagementFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsRed Bank, NJ
None...beware, you will end up miserable and regret your decision.
This review represents my opinion based on working with many different divisions within this company. Please do your due diligence before accepting any position. If you scroll through the reviews, it's the same issues repeatedly...disrespectful, unhelpful, and sometimes abusive management. Originating from the most senior level and then modeled by mid-level managers, the problems are the same...micromanagement, disrespect, poor work-life balance, overwork, lack of clarity, toxic environment. Sadly, management issues are a long-term, ingrained part of the culture. Read the reviews here on Glassdoor and Indeed carefully. Hiring managers will promise a supportive workplace, and once you land there, you'll discover quickly that you're just an expendable little turd in the good old boys club. And some divisions are MUCH worse than others. It's a crap shoot who will be your manager and how bad they will be. Some of them are truly treacherous. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company. If you're considering accepting an offer, read the reviews, review the company's financials, and talk to current and former "associates." You'll get a clear picture of an old-school organization that will get you on board and then crush you "to make the numbers."2K. Hovnanian Homes Response2mo
Thank you for your feedback. We take all employee reviews seriously as we are adamant about providing the best work environment possible.
K. Hovnanian Homes Reviews FAQs
K. Hovnanian Homes has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 369 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at K. Hovnanian Homes to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.
52% of K. Hovnanian Homes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated K. Hovnanian Homes 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.