KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

K. Hovnanian Homes Reviews

Updated May 25, 2022

Found 299 of over 315 reviews

3.3
K. Hovnanian Homes Chairman, President, & CEO  Ara K. Hovnanian  (no image)
Ara K. Hovnanian
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are good and the floor plans were well designed.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Their some great people in the field who do an excellent job with what timelines their given to build a nice looking home(in 17 reviews)
  • "Pay is good.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance with market pay(in 9 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of K. Hovnanian Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Company to work for with great culture

May 25, 2022 - Accounts Payable Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, work life balance, salary

Cons

There really are not any cons

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Much to be improved on

May 6, 2022 - Marketing in Matawan, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Great People to work with • Employee discounts (even though you had to jump through tons of hoops) • Good medical coverage • Decent benefits package

Cons

• Only partial remote - even though all meetings were remote • The role & responsibilities didn't match the pay • Job role didn't match the scope of work • Responsibilities weren't defined as the position was new to them • CMO was pretty abrasive and not a nice person • Platform they used was antiquated and very expensive (typical platforms were ten of thousands of dollars cheaper; the money could of been given to the employee) Also the main platform they used wasn't mentioned on the job listing. • Not enough vacation • Poor training & onboarding

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Micromanagement Mediocrity

Mar 26, 2022 - Land Acquisition Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got paid a reasonable salary.

Cons

Horrible micromanagement, I spent more time reporting than actually buying land. Land acquisition was 90% formatting/use of ancient unsophisticated financial systems and only 10% actually making money. Rude and mediocre middle/upper management. We were called 'cockroaches' for leaving at 5pm on a Friday, the mentality here is that you owe the company everything and should worship management for giving you a job, very old school company. I was discussing work with coworkers when a senior corporate manager yelled at us to 'get back to work', I laughed because I thought he was joking, and he got mad telling us to go back to our desks, which is super weird because we were just doing our job. All of these horrible people still work here, but every good coworker left. This place traps losers and makes anyone competent run for the hills, incompetence seems to increase with tenure. The CEO is a bizarre spoiled rich kid, I have worked with people far richer and smarter than him who showed employees much more respect. When he goes on land tours it's like the King of England is in town, he is very demanding and treats employees like his wait staff. He won't stay at the same hotel or even eat with high level division executives, super weird. This company is pretty much the laughingstock of home builders, if you desperately need a job, you can give it a try, but this should be your last resort.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience and offering ways to help make us better. We take all employee reviews seriously as we are adamant about providing the best possible work environment.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

good company

May 22, 2022 - Systems Support Specialist in Annapolis, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

IT department encourages growth, collaborative environment

Cons

have not noticed any cons

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company!

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is providing more flexibility to associates as a result of the pandemic.

Cons

Work/Life Balance can be challenging at times.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Review

May 25, 2022 - Mortgage Closer in Boynton Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work. Room for growth

Cons

Not enough done to hold managers accountable

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

You will get back what you put in.

Apr 9, 2022 - New Home Sales Counselor in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership and training program.

Cons

It's a great opportunity for a young person looking to advance their sales career.

Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people crazy busy

Apr 4, 2022 - Homeowner Services Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and people to work with every day

Cons

High paced and potentially stressful environment due to shortages in labor force

Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly evaluating our work environment and striving to improve.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Apr 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reward hard work, internal promotions, good compensation

Cons

Nothing I can really think of

Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! This is a really great feedback and we are glad you feel this way about us.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

K Hovnanian Homes

Mar 26, 2022 - Sales Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Managers , Very nice Personal

Cons

For hourly could be better pay

Viewing 1 - 10 of 299 Reviews

K. Hovnanian Homes Reviews FAQs

K. Hovnanian Homes has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 315 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at K. Hovnanian Homes to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, K. Hovnanian Homes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at K. Hovnanian Homes. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

49% of K. Hovnanian Homes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated K. Hovnanian Homes 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at K. Hovnanian Homes to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with K. Hovnanian Homes Job Seekers