Cover image for K. Hovnanian Homes

61% Recommend to a Friend
74% Approve of CEO

Found 318 of over 336 reviews

3.6
K. Hovnanian Homes Chairman, President, & CEO  Ara K. Hovnanian  (no image)
Ara K. Hovnanian

The latest conversations about Real Estate

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

970 Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=K. Hovnanian Homes~302945
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Their some great people in the field who do an excellent job with what timelines their given to build a nice looking home(in 17 reviews)
  • "The pay is good and the company is on the cutting edge of technological support.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and decent people(in 16 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance with market pay(in 9 reviews)
  • "They sent me to a 1 week training in New Jersey.(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of K. Hovnanian Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Room for Growth

Nov 1, 2022 - IT Manager in Matawan, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management invests a lot in your growth. Great team atmosphere. Lots of associates with long lengths of service

Cons

Management tends to pile on work with no regard for current workload. Unrealistic expectations for how much work can get done in a given period of time.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It's okay

Nov 21, 2022 - Architectural Drafter in Matawan, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Pay and raises are good

Cons

The work environment could be better

3. Join the K. Hovnanian Homes team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

23 Years

Oct 18, 2022 - Production Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

We build excellent New Homes.

Cons

Working short staffed since Covid Pandemic in 2020.

Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate the feedback and are so happy to hear about your great experience at K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC. Our employees' opinions and feedback mean a lot to us.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Astonishing miscommunication, mismanagement, disorganization

Oct 15, 2022 - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of the people are nice and mean well. Benefits are decent, the offices are nice, and they're more flexible than many companies in terms of remote work, even though frankly the whole company could be remote with no problems, so the fact that people are coming in at all does tell you something about executive-level generational stubbornness.

Cons

The marketing department at this company is absolute chaos. Whole campaigns are changed from one minute to the next, weeks of work can be scrapped at a moment's notice, and people who are essentially nice turn into the worst versions of themselves out of stress and frustration. People work 15-hour days and are still reprimanded for not doing enough, and it's anyone's guess whether you'll be "allowed" to file overtime. Upper-level executives have almost no respect for marketing and expect them to work miracles. Understaffed to the point of absurdity -- if one person is out it ruins everyone else's lives for as long as they're gone. A bulk of the marketing strategy doesn't even make sense because you're just sending out eblasts encouraging people to join your mailing list, when they're already *on* the mailing list or they wouldn't be getting the eblasts. When the housing market was good it hid the fundamental problems of this company but now that the tables have turned, it's like picking up a rock and finding all the bacteria underneath. I'm on here looking for new jobs and after working here I'll accept almost anything. Run away. RUN. AWAY.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly evaluating our work environment and striving to improve our processes and systems while meeting the changing requirements from customers.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Much to be improved on

May 6, 2022 - Marketing in Matawan, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Great People to work with • Employee discounts (even though you had to jump through tons of hoops) • Good medical coverage • Decent benefits package

Cons

• Only partial remote - even though all meetings were remote • The role & responsibilities didn't match the pay • Job role didn't match the scope of work • Responsibilities weren't defined as the position was new to them • CMO was pretty abrasive and not a nice person • Platform they used was antiquated and very expensive (typical platforms were ten of thousands of dollars cheaper; the money could of been given to the employee) Also the main platform they used wasn't mentioned on the job listing. • Not enough vacation • Poor training & onboarding

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Corporate Company I've Worked For

Jul 23, 2022 - Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Culture - Great Benefits package - Flexible schedule (at least for my position) - Freedom to explore my strengths and weaknesses and see where I want to advance in this company.

Cons

- Normal corporate restrictions that make performing certain aspects of your job more challenging (mainly in the accounting area) - Overall I don't have many cons. This company is amazing and is by far the best I have worked for. There is always going to be the normal hierarchy drama, but what company doesn't have that?

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

worst company I have worked before

Nov 6, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Base salary is nice but its super low.

Cons

Long hour and you don't get paid the over time .

Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’ll look into this situation. At K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC we invest in our people and always act with honesty and respect

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Opportunity

Sep 13, 2022 - Sales Professional in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great builder with strong leadership

Cons

They are building a great team.

Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! This is a really great feedback and we are glad you feel this way about us.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Micromanagement Mediocrity

Mar 26, 2022 - Land Acquisition Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got paid a reasonable salary.

Cons

Horrible micromanagement, I spent more time reporting than actually buying land. Land acquisition was 90% formatting/use of ancient unsophisticated financial systems and only 10% actually making money. Rude and mediocre middle/upper management. We were called 'cockroaches' for leaving at 5pm on a Friday, the mentality here is that you owe the company everything and should worship management for giving you a job, very old school company. I was discussing work with coworkers when a senior corporate manager yelled at us to 'get back to work', I laughed because I thought he was joking, and he got mad telling us to go back to our desks, which is super weird because we were just doing our job. All of these horrible people still work here, but every good coworker left. This place traps losers and makes anyone competent run for the hills, incompetence seems to increase with tenure. The CEO is a bizarre spoiled rich kid, I have worked with people far richer and smarter than him who showed employees much more respect. When he goes on land tours it's like the King of England is in town, he is very demanding and treats employees like his wait staff. He won't stay at the same hotel or even eat with high level division executives, super weird. This company is pretty much the laughingstock of home builders, if you desperately need a job, you can give it a try, but this should be your last resort.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience and offering ways to help make us better. We take all employee reviews seriously as we are adamant about providing the best possible work environment.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Build Better Alone

Oct 21, 2022 - CCM in Canton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Community part of khov is great

Cons

Build on your lot says “we build better together” and that is a lie. They tell you to forget everything community trained you on and then leave you alone and won’t help you at all.

Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We will be sure to evaluate and improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 318 Reviews
</>Embed

K. Hovnanian Homes Reviews FAQs

K. Hovnanian Homes has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 336 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at K. Hovnanian Homes to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, K. Hovnanian Homes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at K. Hovnanian Homes. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

61% of K. Hovnanian Homes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated K. Hovnanian Homes 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at K. Hovnanian Homes to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with K. Hovnanian Homes Job Seekers