K'NEX Industries Reviews

Joel Glickman

1. "Great experience"

Former Intern - Software Developer in Hatfield, PA
    Former Intern - Software Developer in Hatfield, PA

I worked at K'NEX Industries as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience working for K'NEX. Because of the small team I worked in, I was able to undertake some pretty big projects on my own, and felt like I got a lot of experience under my belt by the time that I finished my internship there. The people there were extremely friendly, and both my supervisor and boss were really good.

Cons

Because I worked on a very small team (it was really just me and my supervisor as the main programmers), there was little room for software development feedback from other developers, because there weren't really any. The area is also kind of boring, but if you have a car (which you must if you're going to work there), there are some nice places to find food not too far from the building.

Advice to Management

For the most part, just maintain consistency and keep up the current style of management.

2. "Web Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at K'NEX Industries as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Had the freedom of when I could come in and leave, that is if I didn't have any scheduled meetings or other responsibilities, and that I met the 40 hour work week.

Cons

K'Nex had a very corporate feel. As an artist I felt restricted by the guidelines set by non-artists in the marketing team.

Advice to Management

Take another look at how each of the departments and their work pipelines fit in with each other. Also the style guides are incredibly outdated and look very early 2000s.

3. "Excellent environment - hard work and lots of fun"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, PA

Pros

It was a wonderful experience. Everyone knew their roles and treated you with respect. Responsibility was plentiful but very worthwhile

Cons

It was a demanding job and small department asked a lot on many workers. Overall not many other problems to deal with.

5. "Great Company, Great Culture, Treats Employees with Respect"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

Cool company culture; promotes creativity; celebrates whatever they can celebrate!; focused mission statement and committed associates; great position in the marketplace

Cons

Once you fit in to the company, and get accepted by the associates, it is a great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

RSS Feed </> Embed