K-Swiss Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Larry Remmington

1. "Merchandise Coordinator"

Pros

Good staff, supportive management, Good work/life balance

Cons

Communication between departments is lacking

Advice to Management

Work with other managers more closely

2. "Brand Killers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great volunteer opportunities around the holidays.

Cons

Absolutely ZERO structure and respect .
    People, process and product are horrific and in turn is the reason why all brands fail.
    Management does not manage nor provide clear cut direction.
    Their culture is - you must do more than the job of nearly 10 people on top of your own without support or guidance.
    It's a figure it out scenario.
    Salary packages are below average and practically zero bonus structure.
    Office environment is beyond sterile and dull.

Advice to Management

Focus on each brand and embrace their own unique culture and what it means to the consumers .
    Appoint someone that can actually lead and provide guidance per each department.
    Have your HR dept step up and actually create a culture and creative workspace
    Believe in yourself so that you can actually believe in others
    Stop looking for office gossip and look at your stats in the US and International market place.

3. "Okay, not very fulfilling"

I worked at K-Swiss full-time

Pros

The best thing about the company were the volunteer opportunities, especially around the holidays. Cool creative department, too.

Cons

Very little structure in the department I worked in. No clear goals for my position. Boring work environment (especially downstairs, very sterile).

5. "Like anything, you get out of it, what you put into it."

Current Employee - Global Digital Marketing Manager in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at K-Swiss full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Seriously, I have worked with a lot of different people, but I have not worked with as many "real" people as I have here at KSGB. In my position, I work with essentially all departments across all brands and in multiple countries, for the most part everyone wants to see the company do well and grow , and they are willing to put in the hard work to make that happen. Most of the people I interact with have worked for KSGB for 1-3 years. From an outsider looking it, it seems like we are starting to get the right people in the right chairs and the company will grow with that new culture in place. Feels more like a startup environment than anything else. Young team eager to see the business do well.

Are there days with long hours? Yes. Is it required? No. Is there a lot of work to do? Yes. Is there opportunity for advancement? Yes. Do I think the business is growing? Yes. Would i recommend working here? Yes.

Cons

Some processes are a little dated, however that seems to be changing.

Advice to Management

Doesn't always feel like all of SR Management is on the same page. But good to see doors are open and people are willing to look at things differently.

6. "Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I worked at K-Swiss full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid decently in the beginning, but then continued to add work and promote without pay increases.

Cons

Gave out bogus stock options rather than pay increases. Made you clock in an out, even though you are a salaried employee working 60+ hours a week and would question you for coming in a few minutes late, despite the fact that you put in 14 hours that same day. The company was sold in 2013 and I heard the company culture has plummeted since. It was sad and depressing in 2013, so I hate to think what it's like now.

7. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at K-Swiss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to work, great management teams and the moral in the company was upbeat

Cons

Can't really find any other then I had to leave to relocate

Advice to Management

If any of the management from 2005-2006 is still there keep up the great work to Mr. Nichols great leadership miss working for you.

8. "The worst employer I have worked for."

Current Employee - Developer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at K-Swiss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We get paid on time.

Cons

Since being acquired by KSGB last year our business has failed. We have been promised increased sales & growth with new distribution but have only experienced loss of sales & loyal customers. The transition with KSGB has been nothing short if a disaster. I don't believe that a plan was ever put in place for a transition with KSGB & if there was a plan in place, it wasn't executed; unless, they were hoping for failure.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees that understand the business & don't let egos control your decisions. Old ways of thinking do not work in this business climate.

9. "Hard work little time for play"

Pros

Tight knit group of people, centrally located office, ping pong tables and park area.

Cons

Long work hours, with little job security, and a lot of company restructuring.

Advice to Management

Provide incentives and acknowledge hard work. Offer more training and resources.

10. "Negative and Bureaucratic"

I have been working at K-Swiss full-time

Pros

The only Pro I can think of is that K-Swiss still manages to cut employee paychecks. There are very few employee-appreciation initiatives, and when they schedule something like a potluck contest or a food truck for lunch, it is only available to those in the HQ office, unless you’re willing to travel long distances and waste your entire work day.

Cons

Nothing gets accomplished, EVER! Meetings that have no solutions, serious lack of communication, months-long approval processes, and an attitude of superiority from HQ, are perfect examples of why K-Swiss cannot seem to turn a profit. The 2015 Acquisition of KR3W/SUPRA has been detrimental and it is an ongoing, uphill battle. It’s rare, but when decisions are made or action plans created, I kid you not: K-Swiss seems to go out of their way to avoid making the appropriate and right decision. It really takes effort to make so many consecutively terrible decisions.

Advice to Management

Consider a “Trickle Up” effect. Acknowledge that your employees have value. Listen and encourage innovative ideas rather than gripping your outdated business model for dear life. Find executives that are true leaders and do not a let bigoted, arrogant Merchandiser run Ops, simply because they were grandfathered in.

11. "RUN AWAY!!!"

I worked at K-Swiss full-time

Pros

There is not one single pro for working at this company.

Cons

Everything you can think of that you would not want at the company you work for. If you want to show up everyday and feel like ripping your hair out and burning the building to the ground, then work for K-Swiss. This place is absolutely terrible! There are no employee perks, raises, bonuses, or room for growth. Everyone has a bad attitude and apparently it's acceptable to say "I don't have time to do..." and then it NEVER gets done. Prepare for HR to be in your face all the time. They only address the super ridiculous complaints that have no real affect on the operations of the company. Too much brown nosing so don't expect anything to work out for you unless you're part of the "in crowd". My advice would be to steer clear of this sinking ship unless you're a glutton for punishment.

Advice to Management

GET OVER YOURSELVES!!! Listen to the employees because more than likely they know how to handle the situation better than you do. It's kind of sad when a person in upper management has been there for 20+ years yet still doesn't know anything about operations. Hard to learn or have respect for a loser like that. Most of all SHIP THE PRODUCT!!!!