K-Swiss Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Larry Remmington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Merchandise Coordinator"

Pros

Good staff, supportive management, Good work/life balance

Cons

Communication between departments is lacking

Advice to Management

Work with other managers more closely

Apr 21, 2017 – Global Vice President HR

I am so excited to respond to a recent post! I want to start by saying thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.
    As I have said before we agree, we have AWESOME people who work here, so we... More

2. "Avoid this place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at K-Swiss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good people trying to do good work.

Cons

Their annual review process is the worst I've ever experienced. Jump through a dozen hoops and maybe get a 1-3% raise at the end of it. But don't count on it. (You won't)

The company is hemorrhaging money- you never know when the next mass layoff is going to happen, and if you're lucky enough to stay, enjoy your 3 new jobs (with no raise or bonus).

The incompetence and disfunction of many key people is astounding.

Morale is terrible, for obvious reasons.

Advice to Management

Why bother- they are not interested in hearing your advice. They're too busy trying to survive another day.

Sep 5, 2017 – Global Vice President HR

WOW! that is a really bad post. I guess I can only wish you all the best in your new role. I really do wish you would have come to visit with me, prior to departing or even better at the first issue... More

3. "Brand Killers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great volunteer opportunities around the holidays.

Cons

Absolutely ZERO structure and respect .
    People, process and product are horrific and in turn is the reason why all brands fail.
    Management does not manage nor provide clear cut direction.
    Their culture is - you must do more than the job of nearly 10 people on top of your own without support or guidance.
    It's a figure it out scenario.
    Salary packages are below average and practically zero bonus structure.
    Office environment is beyond sterile and dull.

Advice to Management

Focus on each brand and embrace their own unique culture and what it means to the consumers .
    Appoint someone that can actually lead and provide guidance per each department.
    Have your HR dept step up and actually create a culture and creative workspace
    Believe in yourself so that you can actually believe in others
    Stop looking for office gossip and look at your stats in the US and International market place.

Apr 21, 2017 – Global Vice President HR

First, I have to say wow! It sounds like you had a terrible experience and I don't blame you for leaving. I do hope you are doing well at your next company. On a positive note, which I know is too... More

4. "Okay, not very fulfilling"

I worked at K-Swiss full-time

Pros

The best thing about the company were the volunteer opportunities, especially around the holidays. Cool creative department, too.

Cons

Very little structure in the department I worked in. No clear goals for my position. Boring work environment (especially downstairs, very sterile).

Apr 21, 2017 – Global Vice President HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. One of our core values is to give back and so thank you for that shout out. We do believe in helping our communities.
    I am a bit bummed I don't... More

5. "Like anything, you get out of it, what you put into it."

Current Employee - Global Digital Marketing Manager in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at K-Swiss full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Seriously, I have worked with a lot of different people, but I have not worked with as many "real" people as I have here at KSGB. In my position, I work with essentially all departments across all brands and in multiple countries, for the most part everyone wants to see the company do well and grow , and they are willing to put in the hard work to make that happen. Most of the people I interact with have worked for KSGB for 1-3 years. From an outsider looking it, it seems like we are starting to get the right people in the right chairs and the company will grow with that new culture in place. Feels more like a startup environment than anything else. Young team eager to see the business do well.

Are there days with long hours? Yes. Is it required? No. Is there a lot of work to do? Yes. Is there opportunity for advancement? Yes. Do I think the business is growing? Yes. Would i recommend working here? Yes.

Cons

Some processes are a little dated, however that seems to be changing.

Advice to Management

Doesn't always feel like all of SR Management is on the same page. But good to see doors are open and people are willing to look at things differently.

Apr 21, 2017 – Global Vice President HR

Hi -I just got online and will try really hard to respond to all comments on the go forward . First thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, we are all really busy so thank you! Second... More

6. "Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I worked at K-Swiss full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid decently in the beginning, but then continued to add work and promote without pay increases.

Cons

Gave out bogus stock options rather than pay increases. Made you clock in an out, even though you are a salaried employee working 60+ hours a week and would question you for coming in a few minutes late, despite the fact that you put in 14 hours that same day. The company was sold in 2013 and I heard the company culture has plummeted since. It was sad and depressing in 2013, so I hate to think what it's like now.

Apr 21, 2017 – Global Vice President HR

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a post. I am sorry you are still upset with the company three years later. On a positive note, we have fixed the clocking issue for salaried employees... More

7. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at K-Swiss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to work, great management teams and the moral in the company was upbeat

Cons

Can't really find any other then I had to leave to relocate

Advice to Management

If any of the management from 2005-2006 is still there keep up the great work to Mr. Nichols great leadership miss working for you.

Apr 21, 2017 – Global Vice President HR

What an awesome post, thank you. We hope you are doing well at your new company and we moved to downtown Los Angeles maybe we are closer for you now? Either way, thank you for taking the time to post.

8. "The worst employer I have worked for."

Current Employee - Developer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at K-Swiss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We get paid on time.

Cons

Since being acquired by KSGB last year our business has failed. We have been promised increased sales & growth with new distribution but have only experienced loss of sales & loyal customers. The transition with KSGB has been nothing short if a disaster. I don't believe that a plan was ever put in place for a transition with KSGB & if there was a plan in place, it wasn't executed; unless, they were hoping for failure.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees that understand the business & don't let egos control your decisions. Old ways of thinking do not work in this business climate.

Apr 21, 2017 – Global Vice President HR

Let me apologize for your experience and thank you for your post. I would like to suggest you bring your ideas for solutions to your manager or to HR. I do want to publicly agree that the transition... More

9. "Hard work little time for play"

Pros

Tight knit group of people, centrally located office, ping pong tables and park area.

Cons

Long work hours, with little job security, and a lot of company restructuring.

Advice to Management

Provide incentives and acknowledge hard work. Offer more training and resources.

Apr 21, 2017 – Global Vice President HR

Thank you for your time to provide feedback, I always say we can't fix it if we don't know its broken.
    Agreed and it is a consistent theme, we have GREAT people!!!
    We have moved our offices to... More

10. "Negative and Bureaucratic"

I have been working at K-Swiss full-time

Pros

The only Pro I can think of is that K-Swiss still manages to cut employee paychecks. There are very few employee-appreciation initiatives, and when they schedule something like a potluck contest or a food truck for lunch, it is only available to those in the HQ office, unless you’re willing to travel long distances and waste your entire work day.

Cons

Nothing gets accomplished, EVER! Meetings that have no solutions, serious lack of communication, months-long approval processes, and an attitude of superiority from HQ, are perfect examples of why K-Swiss cannot seem to turn a profit. The 2015 Acquisition of KR3W/SUPRA has been detrimental and it is an ongoing, uphill battle. It’s rare, but when decisions are made or action plans created, I kid you not: K-Swiss seems to go out of their way to avoid making the appropriate and right decision. It really takes effort to make so many consecutively terrible decisions.

Advice to Management

Consider a “Trickle Up” effect. Acknowledge that your employees have value. Listen and encourage innovative ideas rather than gripping your outdated business model for dear life. Find executives that are true leaders and do not a let bigoted, arrogant Merchandiser run Ops, simply because they were grandfathered in.

Apr 21, 2017 – Global Vice President HR

Thank you for your posting and thank you for finding a PRO. It sounds like your experience has been bad and for that I am sorry. I am requesting you give me a call or send me an email so we can work... More