K2 Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Kylah Allen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I worked at K2 Consultants full-time

Pros

A lot to learn, in a very friendly and easy going environment. They spend a lot of time training and empowering employees.

Cons

Commission based wages makes for a hard time planning on pay, but pushes you to work harder for yourself and company.

2. "Corporate Trainer"

I worked at K2 Consultants full-time

Pros

You get paid by commission only, but no caps

Cons

Completely commission based salary, door to door sales, no benefits

Advice to Management

More incentives, benefits would have really been nice

3. "Joke"

I have been working at K2 Consultants full-time

Pros

They're good at scamming people

Cons

This place is a total joke. Avoid at all costs unless you want to waste your time and money.

4. "NOT for everyone"

I have been working at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, Everyone tends to be super up-beat and positive.

Cons

Life isn't always up-beat and positive. And that's something they don't realize. During my training I watched my "mentor" who was training me so she could work her way to the top, piratically manipulate and even shame the customers if they didn't want to order anything. This is ONLY a commission job no matter what they tell you! You are required to pay for your own gas, use a personal car, and work ridiculous hours. If you don't have a life and dream of managing a company one day, then this is the job for you!

Advice to Management

Be up front and honest with the future employees when interviewing.

5. "Very upbeat positive staff, but not exactly the best job is you're struggling to make ends meat."

Former Employee - Entry Level in East Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Entry Level in East Hartford, CT

I worked at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Super upbeat, happy environment. They really make you feel like you can engage and do anything. It's a good opportunity if you are very good at impulse sales and are highly likable.
    Honestly- weather you stick with them or not- its real great for learning to get out of your comfort zone and talk to people and really engage.
    You will definitely nail any job interview after working here (they help you with thinking on your feet).

Cons

Some of the manager, more than others, are prone to be rude and try to make you feel bad about your day. Training with one of the guys, one of the offices we when to (my first, maybe second week there) he straight out told me (first time I was working with him too) I should apply there because I was "too sweet". So you have to be careful.
    Otherwise, it's door to door (business to business) sales. Yes. You're a sales person.
    ALL commission pay until you become a manager (the whole first year thing? Naw, they say that bc without 500 in commissions first month they left you go, other wise they except you to climb the later in 7-8 months. Commissions grow, but ultimately you will always be on commission until you enter higher management)
    Law of Averages
    Learning the Pitch (if you have a bad or nervous memory- not an ideal match).
    The whole rebuttals thing (if they say No off the bat "No what? I just came in to say hi! I'm the new account manager - back into pitch-", I'm happy with WB. "Yeah I love WB, they're great, We work the same exact way! -back into pitch-")
    You are 100% expected to use your personal cell to make calls and sale to a customers (they prefer if you use your data).
    They honestly believe that every market is their market and... it does not work like that lol.
    You shouldn't vent to the owner about experiencing any discrimination in the field, she views it as "You're just not being positive enough!" and will tell a story about how she's experienced it in some shape or form herself
    You're looking at 7:30am to 6pm work day, thurdays is 7:30 am to 8 or 9 pm

Advice to Management

My biggest issue was with the whole "keep a positive attitude!" when you have some staff putting you down before hitting the field and at times in the field. You preach that nos are just nos, so why are some staff acting like it's the end of the world and you should feel bad about it? Also- TOTALLY inappropriate way to handle a lying on the job. If a Future leader say "So and so said to approach it this way", it is not good management to simply go over to So and so and tell them, you should have carried the conversation to high authority instead of allowing a future leader to later get screamed at for "snitching".

6. "Great company, once in a lifetime opportunity!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment and people are awesome. The opportunity for growth is unlike anywhere else. You do not come across many companies willing to train and push individuals to success like this anymore. I'm so glad i took this job and finally found the career i was looking for. This company is not for anyone who is not willing to work hard to achieve their goals and be successful!

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Great job! Keep up the good work and continue pushing others to be their best.

7. "Positive Work Environment"

I worked at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved the work environment, everyone here encourages everyone else to put their best foot forward everyday at work. The opportunity for advancement is great and management adheres to a strict code of morals and ethics. The training I received here is very transferable, I feel that I have gained skills that will prepare me for any career that I decide to pursue in the future.

Cons

I was unable to continue working here as I was taking night classes at the local community college and my class schedule clashed with the work schedule here.

Advice to Management

Stick to your business model, it works!

"Great Learning Experience"

I worked at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people to work with and learn from, training program really helps you learn how to be successful at sales/ consulting. Worked at K2 for about a year after college and it helped start my career. The knowledge I gained has helped me succeed in my current position after I decided to leave the company. Very competitive as well and everyone pushes each other to succeed which is unlike many other companies. All in all this company is a great place to start your career and while not everyone will make it to management the skills and knowledge learned will help you succeed in future endeavors.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Kylah, your an amazing person and manager. You teach people what it takes to be successful whether they stay in the business or not. You always want what's best for the person even if its not the best your company, speaks volumes to your character.

9. "Great Opportunity for hard working people!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at K2 Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the positive atmosphere and up beat work environment. I also enjoy working hard and challenging myself to hit my goals and helping others hit theirs.

Cons

The only con I really have is watching people give up on their goals.

"Great Opportunity that comes at a price"

I have been working at K2 Consultants full-time

Pros

Great work atmosphere
    Great people to work with everyday

Cons

The hours are unrealistic and can have you scrambling to find time throughout the week to even enjoy yourself