K2 Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kylah Allen

1. "Great company, once in a lifetime opportunity!"

I have been working at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment and people are awesome. The opportunity for growth is unlike anywhere else. You do not come across many companies willing to train and push individuals to success like this anymore. I'm so glad i took this job and finally found the career i was looking for. This company is not for anyone who is not willing to work hard to achieve their goals and be successful!

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Great job! Keep up the good work and continue pushing others to be their best.

2. "Very upbeat positive staff, but not exactly the best job is you're struggling to make ends meat."

Former Employee - Entry Level in East Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Entry Level in East Hartford, CT

I worked at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Super upbeat, happy environment. They really make you feel like you can engage and do anything. It's a good opportunity if you are very good at impulse sales and are highly likable.
    Honestly- weather you stick with them or not- its real great for learning to get out of your comfort zone and talk to people and really engage.
    You will definitely nail any job interview after working here (they help you with thinking on your feet).

Cons

Some of the manager, more than others, are prone to be rude and try to make you feel bad about your day. Training with one of the guys, one of the offices we when to (my first, maybe second week there) he straight out told me (first time I was working with him too) I should apply there because I was "too sweet". So you have to be careful.
    Otherwise, it's door to door (business to business) sales. Yes. You're a sales person.
    ALL commission pay until you become a manager (the whole first year thing? Naw, they say that bc without 500 in commissions first month they left you go, other wise they except you to climb the later in 7-8 months. Commissions grow, but ultimately you will always be on commission until you enter higher management)
    Law of Averages
    Learning the Pitch (if you have a bad or nervous memory- not an ideal match).
    The whole rebuttals thing (if they say No off the bat "No what? I just came in to say hi! I'm the new account manager - back into pitch-", I'm happy with WB. "Yeah I love WB, they're great, We work the same exact way! -back into pitch-")
    You are 100% expected to use your personal cell to make calls and sale to a customers (they prefer if you use your data).
    They honestly believe that every market is their market and... it does not work like that lol.
    You shouldn't vent to the owner about experiencing any discrimination in the field, she views it as "You're just not being positive enough!" and will tell a story about how she's experienced it in some shape or form herself
    You're looking at 7:30am to 6pm work day, thurdays is 7:30 am to 8 or 9 pm

Advice to Management

My biggest issue was with the whole "keep a positive attitude!" when you have some staff putting you down before hitting the field and at times in the field. You preach that nos are just nos, so why are some staff acting like it's the end of the world and you should feel bad about it? Also- TOTALLY inappropriate way to handle a lying on the job. If a Future leader say "So and so said to approach it this way", it is not good management to simply go over to So and so and tell them, you should have carried the conversation to high authority instead of allowing a future leader to later get screamed at for "snitching".

3. "Positive Work Environment"

I worked at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved the work environment, everyone here encourages everyone else to put their best foot forward everyday at work. The opportunity for advancement is great and management adheres to a strict code of morals and ethics. The training I received here is very transferable, I feel that I have gained skills that will prepare me for any career that I decide to pursue in the future.

Cons

I was unable to continue working here as I was taking night classes at the local community college and my class schedule clashed with the work schedule here.

Advice to Management

Stick to your business model, it works!

"Great Learning Experience"

I worked at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people to work with and learn from, training program really helps you learn how to be successful at sales/ consulting. Worked at K2 for about a year after college and it helped start my career. The knowledge I gained has helped me succeed in my current position after I decided to leave the company. Very competitive as well and everyone pushes each other to succeed which is unlike many other companies. All in all this company is a great place to start your career and while not everyone will make it to management the skills and knowledge learned will help you succeed in future endeavors.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Kylah, your an amazing person and manager. You teach people what it takes to be successful whether they stay in the business or not. You always want what's best for the person even if its not the best your company, speaks volumes to your character.

6. "Great Opportunity for hard working people!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at K2 Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the positive atmosphere and up beat work environment. I also enjoy working hard and challenging myself to hit my goals and helping others hit theirs.

Cons

The only con I really have is watching people give up on their goals.

"Personal Growth and Beyond"

I have been working at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

K2 is the job you wish you knew about years ago. The work environment is fun and the people are high energy, but most importantly I have grown in knowledge that is useful in both business and in life! The company is based off of hard work and integrity.

Cons

Often times people are their own worst enemy, sell themselves short, or don't set goals big enough! A person must be OK with never settling.

8. "Great opportunity to learn and grow within the company"

I have been working at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge growth opportunity
    Positive work environment
    Great place to learn management and sales skills
    Encourages personal growth
    Merit based

Great place to work. The people are so much fun while still professional and can teach you so much. The best part about it is that it's a merit based system so the work you put in is what you get out, so if you're really motivated toward your goals there are no limits.

Cons

You have to be willing to work hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"DOOR TO DOOR SALES"

Current Employee - ACCOUNT MANAGER (HA!) in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - ACCOUNT MANAGER (HA!) in Hartford, CT

I have been working at K2 Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I received a computer generated email from them saying after reviewing my resume I fit their needs...etc. I then called. During phone screening the woman was talking to someone else and then telling me "great answer" I said"how would you know you were talking to someone else?" I read more and more about this so called job and read that it was door to door sales. When I called back to speak to the same women I got voicemail but she promptly returned my call. I said I read that this was basically door to door sales for AT&T UVerse and that is by no means ANYTHING CLOSE to what I am looking for and if I get out there and find out that is the case it won't be pleasant for anyone. Is that the case? She responded yes. I thanked her for her time and cancelled my "interview."

Cons

Could be good for someone looking for that type of work.

Advice to Management

Just be honest up front.

"total scam"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at K2 Consultants part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing! This whole company is a scam. Do not even go for an interview. Google Cydcore for more information on this company.

Cons

You only work for commission... total pyramid scheme... Do not waste your time. They will call you to come in the next day, have a 5 min. interview and then call you that night saying you got the job. You will go around door to door making no money and getting the door slammed in your face in the company gets brainwashed to think they are going to make 100K in a year. Do not waste your time. If something sounds too good to be true it is. This company is just part of Cydcore, a larger umbrella scam company out west.

11. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer/Sales Representative in East Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer/Sales Representative in East Hartford, CT

I worked at K2 Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

~Great environment
    ~Great people
    ~Immense room for growth
    ~Training provided
    ~Great place to grow as a professional

The skills you will receive at K2 will not only prepare you for promotion on a professional level, but will also help you to achieve what you want out of your everyday life.

Cons

Not a job for those unwilling to work hard to achieve their goals.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

K2 Consultants Response