KBI Biopharma Scientist I Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 2 reviews

4.4
KBI Biopharma CEO Timothy M Kelly
Timothy M Kelly

"Great place to work (KBI Durham)"

Current Employee - Scientist I in Durham, NC

I have been working at KBI Biopharma full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are incredibly friendly and helpful, as well as competent and knowledgeable (for the most part). Expectations are high, but mistakes are easily forgiven and there is a lot of grace for things that come up beyond your own control. People generally get raises every year as well as annual bonus. Tons of paid time off; I have never had trouble taking any.

Cons

There is always a lot going on. If you don't know how to say "no", it can be easy to get overwhelmed and get into a pattern or working 50 hours/week (hence some of the negative reviews on glassdoor). However, as long as you are willing to say "no" from time to time, and to establish your own work life balance, it's relatively easy to maintain 40 hour work weeks.

Advice to Management

Hire more people

KBI Biopharma2018-03-06

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Scientist I in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at KBI Biopharma full-time for more than a year

Pros

Scientists are very nice and hardworking

Cons

Upper management is not understanding, too political and not fair. I've worked at KBI for over a year. My manager was not understanding at all, he always used to bring me down and say only negative things to me. When I complained about him to his manager, nothing was done, as the two of them are good friends. i also have worked on one of the projects for over half a year and when they decided to file a patent on the...

Advice to Management

Being any kind of manager is not about moving up and making those who work under you 60 hrs/wk and not giving them credit for their work

KBI Biopharma2015-06-15