KBI Biopharma "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

KBI Biopharma Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jun 27, 2019

Found 56 reviews

KBI Biopharma CEO Timothy M Kelly
Timothy M Kelly
Pros
  • "(in 5 reviews)

• "Company is growing fast lots of room for career growth(in 3 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A company in transition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at KBI Biopharma full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Driven and competent employees -Innovative science -Good pay, average benefits -Tons of opportunities and growth (my group has doubled in the last 3 years and will double again within the next 2) -Influx of employees from more established companies is driving culture in the right direction -Upper management is putting more of a focus on positive culture

Cons

-High pace of work -Some long-term/upper-level employees still have a "startup" mentality in regards to work/life balance -Benefits are getting better but could still use improvement -Not a ton of opportunities for conferences/external training

Advice to Management

Invest more in people and culture to attract and retain high-level employees. Learn to say "no" to clients more often.

KBI Biopharma2019-03-18

"Management adamant about “Making KBI Great Again”"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at KBI Biopharma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is above other companies.

Cons

Management is controlled by directors with no people skills. They often belittle and treat associates disrespectfully and unprofessionally. Because of the high pay, employees tolerate the behaviors. Upper management and HR knowingly allow this. Only care about the business side. Long overdue for cultural changes.

KBI Biopharma2018-11-06

"Unprofessional"

I have been working at KBI Biopharma full-time

Pros

The compensation is decent. No other pros.

Cons

Instead of solving problems, an unreasonable amount of time is spent playing the blame game. There seems to be a lot of upper management, and not a whole lot of knowledge. I do not enjoy the culture of this workplace.

KBI Biopharma2018-04-10

"Dishonest Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at KBI Biopharma full-time for more than a year

Pros

The boulder site is growing so the ability to get your hands on a lot of projects is good. Directors and below are for the most part great people to work with. That's about it.

Cons

The senior leadership team can be described at best as completely inept and at worst utterly dishonest. At least one client has backed out so far due to how poorly the project was handled and other projects aren't going so well either. The blame for this lies solely with management. There are great people working here that are more than capable of handling these projects if they were just given the time and tools they...

Advice to Management

- Don't lie to your employees. - Back way off on the schedule. The site will be shut down in record time if projects continue to be botched due to rushed schedules and poor upper management.

KBI Biopharma2017-05-03
  5. "good for gaining experience"

Current Employee - Process Development Scientist in Durham, NC

I have been working at KBI Biopharma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You'll get great opportunities to do things earlier in your career than at larger companies. Decent exposure to upper management depending on your boss.

Cons

you'll need to work to advance and have your growth rewarded. Varies based on manager, but a common issue at most levels here.

KBI Biopharma2017-01-18

"A young company"

I have been working at KBI Biopharma

Pros

Small company makes for lots of experience and opportunities. Still has lots of potential.

Cons

Poor upper management. The work place is loosely connected and people dont interact much

KBI Biopharma2015-11-02

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Scientist I in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at KBI Biopharma full-time for more than a year

Pros

Scientists are very nice and hardworking

Cons

Upper management is not understanding, too political and not fair. I've worked at KBI for over a year. My manager was not understanding at all, he always used to bring me down and say only negative things to me. When I complained about him to his manager, nothing was done, as the two of them are good friends. i also have worked on one of the projects for over half a year and...

Advice to Management

Being any kind of manager is not about moving up and making those who work under you 60 hrs/wk and not giving them credit for their work

KBI Biopharma2015-06-15