Cover image for KBR

KBR

Engaged Employer

KBR

Add a Review

KBR Employee Reviews about "kbr"

Updated Nov 29, 2021

KBR President and Chief Executive Officer  Stuart J. B. Bradie
Stuart J. B. Bradie

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor Management ethics(in 89 reviews)
  • "Long hours and lack of resources(in 30 reviews)
  • "department managers do not allow engineers to move to proect even if they are interested.(in 27 reviews)
  • "Bureaucratic upper management and totally disconnected with what they aspire for the company.(in 26 reviews)
  • "No job security if you’re in the gas and oil industry as soon as prices drop you’re out as projects stop(in 18 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of KBR and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "kbr"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Employees Feel Valued and Seen

Nov 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

KBR really cares about their employees and values the opinions and vast knowledge and skillsets of individuals across the company.

Cons

While I appreciate that communication is highly valued, there were too many meetings that consistently took away from actual time to work, so working over my set hours happened frequently.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Decent Job But a Lack of Ethics at the Top

Oct 19, 2021 - Metadata Content Developer in Asheville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay and benefits with good work flexibility. Does reimburse training but you have to pay for it upfront first.

Cons

KBR (known as "Burn and Loot" in activist circles) was once a part of Halliburton and was involved with *many* scandals involving Iraq War contracting, Iraqi civilian deaths, and corruption during the Bush years. And before it was a part of Halliburton was involved with more military contracting corruption dating all the way back to Vietnam (yes this company unironically contracted out to Blackwater for security services). If I wasn't transferred over to this group during a federal contracting re-compete I wouldn't work for it as too many of its lines of business are simply moral hazards. I won't even touch its stock options plan for that reason (does stock inflation due to US wars in developing countries sound good to you?). The job I'm working at now doesn't involve this unethical stuff, but KBR is probably the closest thing to Weyland-Yutani (evil corporation in the "Alien" movies) that you can get in real life. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the individual job I'm working at right now (as I'm helping build a public service) but KBR is like a parody of an evil megacorporation. Even DC politicians and the Pentagon can't stand them. But that's what you get when you have a federal contracting re-compete during the Trump years. And the sad/funny thing is that this military contracting juggernaut *STILL* has subpar HR software and services. Just silly.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the KBR team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 5 years

The best Company in the planet earth

Nov 6, 2021 - Diesel Generator Foreman
    Business Outlook

Pros

KBR is one if the best company cause: dignity and respect, igualty for all nationalities, igual opportunity for everyone, courage to care, great policies which encourage employees to do correct thing and lots more, great payment for all nationalities. I love KBR and I am always willing to work for this Company

Cons

Honestly I can't complain the only thing I wish more opportunities will come up for all nationalities

5. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Place

Nov 17, 2021 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Chantilly, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

KBR really puts an emphasis on their employee's career development--they want to see you grow. Tech stack was also surprisingly modern.

Cons

The work isn't very exciting, and the culture seems to be too lax to the point where there isn't actually much getting done.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Strange and Screwy

Nov 16, 2021 - Principal Systems Engineer in Falls Church, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Boilerplate DOD and IC contractor company

Cons

When I lost my clearance through an administrative screwup (which may or may not have been KBR's fault), KBR gave me 3 weeks to find another job starting three days ago and then shoved me out the door even though I found two of them because I was told the required reduction in salary would be too large for them to hire me for those roles.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Aug 21, 2021 - Software Developer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

KBR is a big company and I'm only in one sector, so I don't know how things are for other business units, but so far I've really loved my job. Pros are: - flex time - great work / life balance - great benefits - fun and relaxed culture - opportunity to work on really cool projects - freedom from micro-management

Cons

The salaries are fairly comparable but I know other places will pay more, unless you have a lot of experience.

8. 4.0