KENTECH Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kenneth Coats

1. "Great experience, lots to learn (just not a ton to earn)"

Former Contractor - Former Titles: Paralegal in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Former Titles: Paralegal in Chicago, IL

I worked at KENTECH Consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work experience, you can make a lot of it if you commit.

Cons

Salary at the bottom of starter range. I was on a temporary position that ended after a large batch of work ended, but I hope that longer-term prospective employees are given a more competitive compensation offer within a year.

"Helped Start my career with Federal Government"

Former Employee - Research Case Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at KENTECH Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to work on interesting projects dealing with law enforcement.
    Gained a lot of useful experience for my career
    Great office and cool co-workers
    Flexible work hours

Cons

Pressure deadlines
    things move real quick need to pick up a lot in a short amount of time.

Aug 12, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your thoughtful post. And good luck to you in the future. All the best.

"Verification Specialist"

Current Contractor - Veriication Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Veriication Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KENTECH Consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

office location is nice
    cool co-workers

Cons

on the phone all day speaking with people.
    . a lot of phone tag with people.

"Nothing Good About This Place"

I worked at KENTECH Consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Mon-Fri Schedule, the schedule was perfect for me.

Cons

The place is run by someone who has the communication skills of a second grader. My dog has better communication skills. . This person is a constant hound and bully who has no clue how to properly do her own job, but expects everyone else to be top notch. This person comes across as a very insecure person who only feels good about herself by constantly being critical of employees who only want to do their best. Not sure if the CEO is aware of how things are being ran since he was MIA most of the time, or if he's actually the one pulling the strings and playing good cop in our faces. I could even deal with the crappy pay since it wasn't anything long term, but the constant harassment was intolerable.

Advice to Management

Consider taking a course in how to better manage employees because you either have no clue how to do so, or just don't care, either way it sets an awful negative tone in that environment. Also please figure out why you're so insecure and resist putting people down to boost your own self confidence. Remember, this company wouldn't exist without the people you show absolutely no respect for so get your act together.

Aug 15, 2016 – CEO

Sorry to hear that you felt bullied by someone on our management team. Know that it is never our intention to have anyone working for us feel this way. I sometimes understand projects can be ... More

"Case manager"

I worked at KENTECH Consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting job were you will learn something new every single day. You may be lucky and have cool coworkers around you. Good location if you are using CTA. Also, I love wellness Wednesday and the park across the street we you can have your break.

Cons

Where to start!
    I came here with a lot of passion and enthusiasm, and left with a huge of disappointment. A lot of blaming, passive aggressive attitude, and unrealistic goals. The nature of the job calls for vigilance and thorough approach but the management is pushing for finishing as fast as you can. I always thought that this line of business needs people who become better the longer the experience is, but this company intentionally thrives on an insanely high turnover rate. Given the high demands and expectations, the pay is not worth the pressure you will throw yourself into. The office is full of noise and distractions. Last but not least, this is an unhealthy work environment, and making friends here was impossible due to the destructive competition. I would recommend working here only, and only if, you ran out of other options, and need an income "while looking for other jobs".

Advice to Management

Reconsider the way you manage the employees. You will also need to focus on training people to retain them and help then grow professionally rather than an endless cycle of hiring and firing. Also, devaluing the time and energy of the hardworking employees at their beginnings is not the way to go. Clearly, there is a lot to be done on your side!

Aug 12, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your post and thoughts on how to make it better. Will take it into consideration

7. "Middle of the Road for the short term"

I worked at KENTECH Consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool office space, non stressful location in terms of traffic and pedestrians, great co-workers, very interesting line of work, good transitional job especially if you run yourself into a jam employment-wise. Management for the most part were friendly but straightforward and provided quick and thorough training.

Cons

The pay is terrible, even though it's a contract position, the pay should not be indicative of someone who never went to college. Couple that with the fact that the position only lasts a month or so makes this place unstable when it comes to finding even your short term career goals. That's unfortunate because the line of work is much more interesting than most other "office" type jobs.

Advice to Management

Better compensation, find additional companies to contract with that can pay you better as well and give you longer term projects.

"Haven't had a job this bad in while"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL

I worked at KENTECH Consulting as a contractor

Pros

Good location, Felt great to be apart of conducting thorough background check on potential police officers.

Cons

Management was very petty, and walked around with a nasty attitude, which created a very unpleasant, and toxic environment.

Advice to Management

I would suggest working on communicating with your employees more effectively, and check your bad attitude at the door.

"Research Case Specialist"

I worked at KENTECH Consulting as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers were good people that I can still be friends with after leaving this company.

Cons

This is not a good place to work. The management is terrible. They continually change procedures, and expect everyone to know about the changes without ever even telling the employees. The pay is insulting for the amount of work that is done, and the pressure that is put on that work. The management prefers to yell at the employees and threaten criminal action instead of working with employees and helping them to become better at their jobs. Additionally, some of the work that they have asked employees to do is not always on the straight and narrow. No chance to move up in the company, and raises are rare and are around fifty cents. Reminds me of my first job as a teenager......

Advice to Management

Take a step back and evaluate what you are doing and how you treat people.

10. "Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KENTECH Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tech savvy, Good business dynamic, MBE Certified. Networking business nationwide, Operational project expansion, and strives for excellence.

Cons

Nothing. This is a respected company that will continue to expand its services.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Feb 12, 2016 – CEO

11. "Best Job experience out of Law School"

Former Employee - Research Case Specialist in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good to work on meaningful projects that affects a lot of people. Get to see how investigation in the real world works

Cons

None that i can think of relatively young company not as established as the bigger players in the market. however i would not hold that against them as I think its just a matter of time before more people learn about this company.

Advice to Management

expand to more cities that will allow for more increased work

Feb 12, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. And happy to know that we contributed to your work experience right out of Law school!