KEPRO Reviews | Glassdoor

1.6
Joseph A. Dougher

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of communication on all levels, Very little support from management, The other half of the people don (in 3 reviews)

• No room for advancement but, they were upfront about it which is fine if your not looking to advance and just want to learn your area of work (in 3 reviews)

"Natural Catastrophe - Act of God"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at KEPRO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As our mission statement reads: To advance the quality & efficiency of healthcare through integrated care management solutions I enjoy seeing it come to fruition and followed through from all our hard work. I enjoy being trusted to do my work without being micromanaged. I enjoy learning more and more about all scopes of the QIO.

Cons

The pay is really low compared to other companies. Communication with HR is next to none. I sent numerous emails to HR regarding my Merit increase form. I have been asking for a correct one since the one they gave me showed my salary over $10,000 less a year than what I make. I also had questions about my increase amount. Still have the emails I sent. No response. I gave up.

Advice to Management

Hurricane Irma came. It could not have been prevented. Your employees were searching for safe shelter, gathering families together, boarding up their homes, standing in long lines for sand bags, searching for water, gas, sitting with no power, no air in this Florida heat; waiting and hoping everything would be okay. The aftermath involved removing trees, branches, boards from windows, and helping our neighbors. Schools closed for most of the week. This was an act of God. Not in our power to do anything. Now we have to worry about not getting paid for a week. We have to take our PTO and then no pay. This is a hardship for most. We have single moms, employees taking care of elders, helping our families in need. This is a sincere slap in the face to us all. Friends, neighbors, everyone I've spoken to are getting paid for this disaster that could not have been prevented. I'm embarrassed to tell them we are not getting paid and our employees are not being taken care of. Hopefully, most will be back to work on Monday and I guarantee you MORALE is going to be at an all time low. Now most of us have to worry how to pay all our bills. This is a major hardship. This is me speaking for many. I have worked for the QIO for almost 18 years now.

Sep 19, 2017 – Communications Director

We appreciate your feedback. We did confirm that there was a misunderstanding in relation to your feedback on the responsiveness of our Human Resources team. The instance you refer to was believed to... More

2. "Don't believe what you read!!"

I have been working at KEPRO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people - from peers to management. Managers are open to input and feedback to help the employees and company be better. Encouraged and flexible worklife balance. For those complaining about workload, move to a new company and then you'll realize that Kepro is well above fair on so many levels.

Cons

The group of disgruntled workers bring the rest of us down. Still rumblings around purchase of APS 2 years ago and the terrible transition that occurred there after. Yes, it was not fun, I get it, but some of these people need to just move on if they don't like working for Kepro.

Advice to Management

Stay loyal to the folks who love Kepro. Continue to address communication issues across the company. Please do something about HR. In 30+ years of working in dozens of companies, HR at Kepro is the worst. Zero communication from HR gives Kepro overall a very bad rap.

"Unfair and Mistreated"

Current Employee - Review Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Review Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at KEPRO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The equals we work with are wonderful people. We are able to do our work and be trusted to do so without being micromanaged.

Cons

The amount of "paid time off" earned is hardly any to allow for time if an individual is sick, has an emergency, kids, or any other form of time off. Employees work very hard and take pride in what they do with little reward from upper management. Appreciation to their employees are limited and few and far between. there is no common ground and favoritism is shown in the highest. Some are allowed luxuries, but others are denied. There is nothing fair about this company.

Advice to Management

In recent, the Tampa location was struck with Hurricane Irma, an act of God that no one had control of. This company made us to take Paid Time Off, or go without pay in a dyer time of need. My advise- treat your employees like you care even the slightest about them and morale, as well as work ethic, will rise. You can't expect someone to give their all with nothing in return.

4. "Fantastic"

I have been working at KEPRO full-time

Pros

Kepro has been an amazing place to work. The company has grown tremendously in recent years, and given that growth, Kepro has continued to strive for excellence in all they do. Any company will have some growing pains, but Kepro is working diligently to minimize these and works hard to improve.

Cons

None that I can think of. Keep up the good work

Advice to Management

Keep looking for ways to improve

Sep 20, 2017 – Communications Director

Thank you for your feedback! We are certainly working to make KEPRO the best - for our employees and for those we serve.

5. "Nurse Reviewer- Harrisburg"

Current Employee - Nurse Reviewer in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Nurse Reviewer in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at KEPRO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

M-F. Good working conditions. Pleasant atmosphere and collaboration among team.
    Good Benefits
    Frequent opportunities for advancement

Cons

Nothing that most other companies face.

Advice to Management

consider the origin of most complaints...

Sep 19, 2017 – Communications Director

Thank you for the kind words! We truly appreciate your time and feedback!

"Review Assistant"

I have been working at KEPRO full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule and close to restaurants

Cons

The company does not care about their employees. They are extremely unorganized and lack communication There is no room for advancement in this company.

Advice to Management

Work on training your employees properly.

Sep 19, 2017 – Communications Director

We would certainly like to understand more of your issues and identify ways to improve if you would be interested in providing more information. You can email us at Communications@kepro.com. KEPRO's... More

7. "Nurse Review"

Pros

None to list at all

Cons

Micromanagement out of the wahzoo!

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement and more interaction between main office and satellites

Aug 25, 2017 – Communications Director

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you did not have a positive experience with KEPRO. If you have additional information that you wish to share, please email communications@kepro.com... More

"Nurse Reviewer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at KEPRO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allows for work to be left at work

Cons

Poorly managed, poor benefits, poor work environment, and limited opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Communication is vital to this organization and needs vast improvement. Employees and employers benefit from employee appreciation.

Jun 28, 2017 – Communications Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you are not having a positive experience at KEPRO. We care about our employees and certainly want to make improvements to increase your satisfaction. We... More

"Beware of this place please!!! Not what it seem"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Penn, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Penn, PA

I worked at KEPRO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing really to speak of. Some people are comfortable and don't know there are better places to work.

Cons

Manual Hiring Process - No electronic process to submit documents with sensitive information i.e.: SSN and Address.

Too many processes and not streamlined. You can certainly tell its a small company.

Low compensation

During my interview not one person spoke about them being promoted. Everyone on my team had been in their position for 10+ years. Not good! Where is there room for advancement?

Lots of work

Healthcare benefits suck!

Advice to Management

None

Jun 28, 2017 – Communications Director

Thank you for your feedback. KEPRO continuously strives to improve employee satisfaction and we apologize that your experience working for KEPRO was negative. We will look into the issues you have... More

"Social service provider"

Current Employee - Social Service Provider in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Social Service Provider in Charleston, WV

I have been working at KEPRO full-time

Pros

I dunno. Im not really sure yet

Cons

Are you really backed up on pay for social service workers in WV? Or is it my boss. Been backed up 2 weeks since christmas

Advice to Management

Please no, thanks for you feedback... ect. Give it me straight.

May 30, 2017 – Communications Director

Thank you. Our team is not aware of any issues regarding pay. All staff under the West Virginia contract are paid timely by KEPRO. We authorize a lot of service requests from providers, but we do not... More