KEYW Reviews | Glassdoor

KEYW President and Chief Executive Officer William J. Weber
William J. Weber

1. "Bravo!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent family-work life balance. Benefits are very generous. Management strives to provide a small-company feel through quarterly gifts, newsletters, cook-outs, etc.

Cons

Mobility can be difficult, but they are putting programs in place to accommodate more career development.

Advice to Management

None come to mind.

KEYW Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Recruiting Operations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. There is always room for improvement and our Internal Mobility Program is a result of feedback from our employees. Is has been a few short months ... More

"KEYW - Subcontractor 2013"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

Really good benefits and salary. I never worked at the corporate office building so I can't speak to the office atmosphere, etc.

Cons

KEYW was only a subcontractor on my particular contract, which proved to make things difficult for the KEYW subcontractors at that particular time.

Advice to Management

Stand up for your employees when needed, even if it is against a prime (although I don't believe my particular manager is with the firm anymore). Keep winning contracts!

3. "Great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

KeyW leadership has an open door policy, and any employee is free to stop by and talk to any manager in the company. KeyW has research and development projects that we can work on while also working on a contract. This gives us a chance to work with the latest technology and get to know other peoplewith similar interests.

Cons

I would like to see more networking events outside of work.

KEYW Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Recruiting Operations Manager

Thank you for providing feedback. While it has taken us some time to provide a response to you, note taken on additional networking events. Our next one is on 5/4 in MD. Details on or LinkedIn page.

5. "Great Company/Great People"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Fort Meade, MD
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Fort Meade, MD

I have been working at KEYW (More than 3 years)

Pros

Undergoing any change at the CEO level is particularly challenging. New thoughts, new ideas, and new challenges cause anxiety. That being said, I am willing to give the new Sr. Management the benefit of any doubt. The new CEO has done exactly what he has said he was going to do( i.e Hexis and SETA divestures) as well as some key contract wins ( Cybercom/NRL) bodes well for future growth. I like my Division Manager and find him to be one of the best managers I have ever had.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about this company.

6. "Project Lead, System Analyst"

Current Employee - Project Lead in Fort Huachuca, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Lead in Fort Huachuca, AZ

I have been working at KEYW (More than 3 years)

Pros

Local and corporate leadership are outstanding.
    The benefits at KEYW are the best in our region.

Cons

From my perspective the issues that exist are not related to the actual work we do. I feel corporate leadership could be doing a better job to increase company value. Our stock prices are low.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on managing the employees and giving us the support we need to do our jobs. Put more emphasis on increasing company value.

7. "Deputy Director for Bussiness Development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spotsylvania, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spotsylvania, VA

I worked at KEYW (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good mission; focused organization; employee oriented and willing to take risk to improve the company

Cons

It can be a stressful environment due to the fast pace. You have an excellent opportunity to excel or fail if you don't do well under these conditions

Advice to Management

Stay focused

8. "Not too bad"

Current Employee - Cyber Security/Defense Research Engineer in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Cyber Security/Defense Research Engineer in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome Benefits. Morale Program is decent. Raises and bonuses are based on performance, not favoritism

Cons

Long hours and alot of the managers are clueless to much of the technical duties being performed. They make promises on delivery dates because they have no idea what it takes to produce a product.

Advice to Management

This is a tech company, there is no reason for the workers to be smarter than their supervisors. Ensure management knows what it takes to produce a product and can manage expectations

"Be Wary"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Pros

Truly is a great company as far as salary and benefits. There are also good people working here. Upper management is more concerned with the budget than the people, but lack the intestinal fortitude to tell you to your face.

Cons

I am honestly at a loss to not simply sound like a complainer. Hired for a specific division that was disbanded two months after my hiring date (a fact that higher management was aware of. I was a fully qualified employee with a ton of experience and was force moved into a division that conducted business that was outside my area of expertise. On top of that, the gaining division lacked the funding for me. It was their way of moving me out of the company without recognizing the fact that they made a mistake in the first place. In fairness, I believe this behavior was isolated to my sector and doesn't necessarily reflect the conduct of the entire company.

Advice to Management

Own up to your mistakes. Take the time to care about your employees as if they are the force behind the company's success - because they are. Sector leaders need more oversight to keep them from just doing whatever they feel "might work" at the expense of employees. Also, when you put someone in the position of management, make sure they are qualified. If they don't like, or won't, do personnel management, they aren't qualified to sit that seat.

"I Miss this Company"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at KEYW (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company cares about their employees and provides awesome perks. I truly enjoyed working for the Recruiting department, the Director is brilliant and very laid back.

Cons

Communication can be a little tough due to the size.

Advice to Management

Continue putting your employees first so that they want to stay and return.

11. "Almost a year"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a big company, I have really enjoyed the corporate atmosphere better. To actually see the CEO daily, have the upper management more approachable, and believe they really care about their employees has been huge. Great relaxed working environment. The ability to contribute to important work the company does. They understand how to take care of people. This is one of the best places I have ever worked!

Cons

Smaller Company with a smaller focus area and appearing to not always want to grow in ways that could benefit the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace a relaxed environment and take care of the people who do the work every day!