KEYW Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
KEYW President and Chief Executive Officer William J. Weber
William J. Weber

1. "Company cares about its employees"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company often goes above and beyond for its employees. They take a professional and personal interest. Other public companies I've worked for try to nickel and dime their employees. They have only improved funds for employees such as training since going public.

Cons

Often with companies that acquire companies sometimes there is a struggle with establishing identity. Keyw is still making a uniform brand to employees and external customers.

2. "Good Midsize Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been able to find the work that most interests me here. I find their healthcare, vacation, and retirement to be way above par for the industry. I like that they will help me find new work when I'm looking for a change.

Cons

Lots of moving pieces right now.

Advice to Management

More events for the employees that work on customer sites. Tough to get to the corporate office sometimes.

"KEYW is my first employer out of college, and has set the bar VERY HIGH for other companies to match the experience."

Current Employee - Electrical Hardware Design Engineer I in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Electrical Hardware Design Engineer I in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits package, competitive compensation, availability of upward mobility.

Great employee perks such as weekly sporting events tickets giveaways, gifts sent to your home for no charge to you, gift card giveaways.

Great communication from Len and the other high level executives on the overall movement and operation of the company at an enterprise level.

Friendly, efficient, and talented people for inside-operations such as Human Resources, Payroll, and Timekeeping operations. Always quick to respond to problems.

Cons

KEYW is a Maryland based company, so the professional sporting events are for Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens tickets. As a Washington DC resident, where is the love for the Redskins and Nationals?

Advice to Management

Continue the communication with All Hands meetings and emails with regards to the enterprise-level actions of the company. It promotes a unified feeling among co-workers, at all levels of their careers.

"Model Company"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fort Meade, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fort Meade, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits to include inexpensive health care, unparalleled 401K, generous PTO and tons of Morale boosting perks. Strong reputation for excellence in performance. Large company with agile response to clients needs. Willing to take risks based in common sense that would take companies of similar size months of policy review and change to execute.

Cons

Most of the company's strengths revolve extremely specialized needs and complex customer problems - in short, not always the cheapest of missions to execute successfully. This sometimes puts KEYw at a disadvantage in competitive markets where the customer is willing to sacrifice quality for a best value solution. In my opinion, KEYW is not a good company for capturing competitive contracts when the Government is in financial turmoil. Not exactly a weakness, but it's business revolves around timing capture efforts with extreme strategy. Also, there is no centralized business development group, which means as a manager, you will need to be creative and versed in business development to progress in your career.

Advice to Management

A lot of emphasis is placed on maintaining low overhead costs by working in a flat environment. This sometimes puts pressure on managers to bite off more than they can handle in order to prove their worth. Remember to delegate, divide and conquer.

"Best company out there...cares about it's employees!"

I have been working at KEYW full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits/salaries. The culture is unique which combines caring and fun. Executives have open communication and they let employees know they are important to the company. The company promotes charity to the community so sponsor employees in their charitable endeavors.

Cons

Origianlly was fast growing so not all infastructure was in place, but that has improved.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Best place to work in the Baltimore Washington corridor"

Current Employee - Project Manager Technical III
    Current Employee - Project Manager Technical III

I have been working at KEYW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very professional and skilled employees.

Cons

I really have nothing to say in this area. It was a good ride. I look forward to coming back.

"Excellent Culture"

Pros

Everyone at the company was very professional.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

"Finally a company that really cares about the employees."

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at KEYW (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Great pay
    Quarterly team lunches
    Sports/concert ticket give aways

Cons

My only con is the commute.

"Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at KEYW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the developers I've met and/or worked with have been really great. There are a lot of smart people to learn from. My managers have also been some of the best.

Cons

Internal divisions seem to not like allowing people to switch to other divisions.
    Company will probably be bought out or sold in the near future.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Principal Functional Area Analyst in Sierra Vista, AZ
    Current Employee - Principal Functional Area Analyst in Sierra Vista, AZ

I have been working at KEYW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company I was previously working for was merged into KEYW about 5 months ago. Great company, that for its size, does not just consider you a number; excellent benefits; well paid; making great moves to stay on top of both government and commercial contracting

Cons

I have no cons to report at this time. This company has satisfied me in all aspects. Closest thing to a con is that we are so far from HQ, but our local management team does well to keep us up-to-date with goings on.