KF Aerospace Reviews | Glassdoor

KF Aerospace CEO Barry Lapointe
Barry Lapointe

"Excellent workplace"

I worked at KF Aerospace full-time

Pros

Great schedule, benefits and pay, excellent workplace and coworkers. Definitely would recommend. Laid back professional environment.

Cons

jet division recently shut down so there are no more opportunities except for the turboprop division. Still a great company to work for!

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice to add here. Management was superb and I dont think anyone could do a better job they they do. They are amazing.

KF Aerospace2018-11-12
  2. "Salary"

I worked at KF Aerospace

Pros

I have no worked in kf aerospace.

Cons

They want aerospace engineer for less than 33 $/ hour. Í asked 33$/ hour and they think it is very high.

Advice to Management

You want highly skllied Engineer pay for that. In bombardier I was paid 70$/ hour.

KF Aerospace2019-11-28
  3. "Great company lots of opportunities"

Former Employee - APPRENTICE AME in Kelowna, BC

I worked at KF Aerospace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for lots of expansion lots of opportunity to work on different aircraft from Boeing 737/57 to Convair 580

Cons

Pay was not enough for the high cost of living in Kelowna and the responsibility involved in maintenance of Aircraft

Advice to Management

Increase wages so employee can afford to live and work at such a great company which will keep your employees

KF Aerospace2019-11-09

"A dynamic, adaptive, and reliable employer."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Kelowna, BC

I have been working at KF Aerospace full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

KF Aerospace is as great a company to develop new skills and grow at, as it is to exemplify your existing skills at and bring your own unique history to. The culture at KF is rich and deep, fertile ground to grow your own lasting career in exciting and sometimes unexpected ways. Equal parts innovation and legacy, KF is an ideal home for any employee who values both a sense of family and professional opportunity.... Being a large employer, there are diverse demographics represented in every business area, which fosters a feeling of inclusion and opportunity. The experience of working at KF is as rewarding as the degree of passion you put into it.

Cons

Part of being an adaptive employer is change management, and there are some areas where KF struggles with change. This can be seen as a negative to employees who prefer that this kind of structure be provided for them... though it can also be seen as a positive to employees who wish to impact and influence change.

Advice to Management

Continue to be forward-thinking and innovative in your solutions. Continue to listen to both your employees, and other industry experts, when charting our path forward. Continue to be resourceful and adaptive when faced with challenges in the industry. Continue to treat your employees like family. These are among the hallmarks synonymous with KF that have kept so many quality employees engaged long term, and... that will continue to attract new talent.

KF Aerospace2019-07-21
  5. "Excellent Place To Work"

Current Employee - Avionics Technician in Kelowna, BC

I have been working at KF Aerospace full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people we work with put their heart and souls into their work. Excellent Professional team to work with who become like family.

Cons

After many years of employment at KF I fail to find any cons.

Advice to Management

We are such a diverse company with foreign employees coming into the company we should make sure we take steps to assist them in their transition to a completely different country.

KF Aerospace2019-05-23
  6. "REALLY a family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC

I have been working at KF Aerospace full-time for more than a year

Pros

KF Aerospace really pulls together & takes care of it's own when things go wrong. Recently, an employee suffered a tragedy & lost everything they owned. The employees of KF really came together to support this person, donating money, furniture, baby supplies, etc. It was really heartwarming to see people who had never met this employee still give to help them get back on their feet. KF's people are truly... outstanding. Pros: GREAT staff, good management that tries to work with employees, interesting work, growing company with lots of opportunities.

Cons

Personal Time Off & Vacation allotment could be higher to stay more competitive.

Advice to Management

Your best asset is your people, keep on supporting them like you do, and KF will continue to be the awesome place it is!

KF Aerospace2019-05-24
  7. "Structures"

Former Employee - AME in Kelowna, BC

I worked at KF Aerospace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work place, decent pay, great benefits. They were mostly understanding when it came to family problems.

Cons

A lot of pressure, sometimes hard to get the help you needed.

KF Aerospace2019-04-02
  8. "Excellent Place to Work"

I have been working at KF Aerospace full-time

Pros

We are a fast growing company with lots of dedicated employees. The opportunities for people to progress at work continually increase as we grow. The commitment to quality at KF Aerospace is constantly recognised by our customers.

Cons

We still have some older, outdated processes that we use which need to be improved upon.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing and diversifying the company!

KF Aerospace2019-03-19
  9. "Proud to call it Home"

I have been working at KF Aerospace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I can easily say this is the best job I've ever had. The company recognized my work ethic and ambition, and they've invested in me. KF has a strong history of promoting from within, even though it might not always be a good thing, it's nice to know that you're not stuck in a role for the rest of your life. The people here are amazing; it's what makes this place so much fun to work. High skill levels, and high... stress, but people still have fun. If you're full time, you're guaranteed 40 hours of work a week, and you get pretty good benefits. The wages are decent, but really good for the Kelowna area. A lot of people here really care about the business and they want it to succeed. Sometimes that means taking risks that don't always pay off, but the upper management is driven and in my time with KF we always seem to come out ahead eventually. I enjoy coming to work here. I work with an effective team and we are able to work together to get the job done and be proud of the work we do. That kind of sounds like a slogan, but it's true. It's a big part of the reason I enjoy what I do, and it's why I've stayed as long as I have.

Cons

The last few years we've grown faster than I think we were ready for, and now we're playing catch up. We're still identifying needs and shortcomings when problems arise rather than being able to identify them before there's a rush to solve them. We're getting better, but there's still a ways to go. KF has been slow to move into the 21st century and there's a lot of people with an "old school" mentality that are slow... to accept change, and will push back against it. When the company introduces new technology it's usually really convoluted, and more in depth than it has to be. This can get discouraging, and it slows progress a lot. Inter-department communication can be difficult and affect production. Not all processes are clearly defined, and when someone chooses to ignore a process, there's very little in the way of discipline, usually none at all. In some cases they would rather have someone from another department "fix" the problem, rather than take steps to correct the root cause. The company put out an employee engagement survey where staff could anonymously talk about things like this, and the upper management is aware of what's going on and they're taking strides to improve things, but it's slow going.

Advice to Management

Identify problems and eliminate them at their source. Stop over thinking things in terms of technological advancement. Small steps are easier to take and more well received than giant leaps. Keep doing and learning from the Employee Engagement Surveys.

KF Aerospace2019-02-14
  10. "Great Company that offers opportunity"

Current Employee - Administration in Kelowna, BC

I have been working at KF Aerospace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I started my career in an entry-level position and wasn't sure where it would take me. I quickly grew into two other positions in the company over the last 6 years. I have aspirations to be a leader one day, so the company enrolled me in the in-house Leadership program to provide me with the tools to be a strong leader. I am an example of how the company stands by their commitment to promote from within!

Cons

Fluctuation in workload - Really busy at times, really slow at times. Hard to be consistent in this industry.

KF Aerospace2019-02-13