KGH Consultation & Treatment Reviews | Glassdoor

Kim Garvey Hoehne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I LOVE KGH!"

I have been working at KGH Consultation & Treatment full-time

Pros

Every step of the hiring process, from initial phone screen through orientation, was convenient and stress-free. Denise and the entire KGH team made my transition as seamless as possible. Everyone at KGH has been extremely welcoming, and willing to provide me with the tools and knowledge necessary to complete my tasks. I have noticed, within my first week, the passion that our therapists have for the work that they do. No-one takes the easy way out, and the staff at KGH are dedicated to fulfilling the mission. Kim, the CEO of KGH, has a true passion and genuine interest in her staff. I recall during my interview with Kim, her humbleness, eagerness for fresh talent and diverse perspectives, and willingness to be vulnerable. This is a great place to be!

Cons

Turnover rates, but ABA is a competitive field.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the organization forward!

2. "KGH truly LIVES its values on a daily basis! KGH is more of a family than a company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at KGH Consultation & Treatment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a hard time referring to KGH as a company because it feels much more like a family to me. The environment is extremely welcoming and all members of the team are always willing to help each other. Every single member of the team, from the part-time employees to the leadership team, appears to be here for the right reasons. It is evident through their interactions with clients, family members, and each other that everyone at KGH wants to help children and their motives are pure. More so, KGH is the only place I have ever worked for that TRULY LIVES out its values. Often times, values are beautiful words written on a wall or in an employee handbook that get referenced from time to time. However, this is absolutely NOT the case at KGH. Every single day, the employees at KGH live out the values and are even recognized for teamwork, compassion, integrity, responsibility to clients, innovation and being happy. The fact that “Be Happy” is a VALUE at KGH speaks volumes in and of itself. Employees nominate one another when they see examples of these values and then the employees are awarded Values t-shirts. It is an outstanding program, and people really feel that their efforts are appreciated! I think morale is very high because people feel respected, appreciated, and are therefore motivated to work even harder to produce even greater results. Until now, I have spoken mainly about the staff at KGH. I should also mention that the children we work with and their families are absolutely amazing! These children and their families are beautiful people with unique needs who have partnered with KGH in an effort to achieve success in all different forms. The community, including employees, clients, families, the leadership team, is something truly special. Working at KGH is different than just working at any job; it is more of a calling.

Cons

There are certainly many more “pros” than “cons” to working at KGH. The only “con” that I can even think of is that sometimes it gets a little loud in the clinic because there are so many children that we are serving and many of them come to KGH at the same time of the day (i.e. after school). However, as long as a person is patient and flexible, he or she can easily adapt to the noise level, especially when recognizing that the noise is that of children growing, learning, and excelling.

Advice to Management

The training that I have received at KGH has been phenomenal! I am immensely impressed with the amount of support and encouragement that I have received since starting at KGH! My advice to management is to please continue to train new employees in such an outstanding manner! It is very important for me to be able to ask questions to ensure understanding and I have never been afraid to ask any question to my manager. She is always willing to answer questions, clarify, and provide support to ensure my success. The entire leadership team truly values the opinions of employees, which I think is very admirable and really helps with the morale. I would encourage management to continue to recognize employees for their efforts.

3. "Sad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I worked at KGH Consultation & Treatment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful staff but turn over is high

Cons

Not concerned for the financial well being of their employees

Nov 11, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback, and we're sorry that you didn't have a good experience at KGH. We actually believe that our turnover is low. We strive to create a positive, professional and supportive... More

4. "Difficult to move up"

Former Employee - ABA Therapist in Northbrook, IL

I worked at KGH Consultation & Treatment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of knowledge in one place.

Cons

The owner is very difficult to work with and tends to hide things. You are placed with clients or in schedules you may not be comfortable with. Overextend good employees while people that need training and support sit and do office work so they don't work with clients.
    Very unfair treatment of employees.
    Seek males to promote while females are better suited

Advice to Management

Learn to run a company and keep employees happy.

Mar 18, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

I'm sorry to learn of your displeasure during your tenure with KGH. We consistently evaluate policies and procedures to ensure both client and employee needs are best met, as we not only strive to... More

"Disorganized"

Former Employee - ABA Therapist in Northbrook, IL

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule, good team collaboration

Cons

no pto, lack of communication with staff

Feb 15, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

While this is quite an old review, I don't believe that this accurately reflects what KGH is like in early 2017. We offer PTO and holidays to our full-time employees, to include the employee's... More

6. "BCBA"

I worked at KGH Consultation & Treatment full-time

Pros

The staff is awesome and very supportive!

Cons

People come and go regularly, so the work environment can be inconsistent at times.

7. "Center of Excellence Designation"

I have been working at KGH Consultation & Treatment full-time

Pros

KGH was designated as a Behavioral Health Center of Excellence in November 2016. Kudos to the Madison and Northbrook teams for earning this designation, which followed a comprehensive audit by the BHCOE Lab to "meet rigorous standards of clinical quality, staff-centered and consumer-centered performance, accountability and transparency."

Cons

KGH is presently working on some of the BHCOE recommendations for improvement.

8. "Supportive team; positive experience!"

Current Employee - Behavior Consultant
    Current Employee - Behavior Consultant

Pros

I'm currently an employee of KGH and have learned so much since starting my career here. The staff are beyond supportive and make great effort and capitalizing on employee interests and strengths. Everyone on the team is passionate and dedicated at making a positive difference in the lives of those we have an opportunity to help!

Cons

No cons at this time.

Mar 18, 2016 – Director

Thank you for your review! KGH is happy to learn of your positive experience and happy to know you've been able to expand your knowledge and skill set through the support and work environment that... More