KGlobal Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 21, 2018

4.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Internship with kglobal"

Former Employee - Internship in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Internship in Washington, DC

I worked at KGlobal (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands on experience
    Well rounded internship
    Availability and helpfulness of superiors
    Co workers are nice and fun to work with
    Resume Workshop

Cons

The internship is not paid

2. "Research Associate"

I worked at KGlobal part-time

Pros

Great setting to learn about agency life

Cons

Nothing here to speak of

3. "I made the switch from news media to PR - and haven't regretted it"

I have been working at KGlobal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*The work - the clients are varied and interesting. Staff members are given the opportunity to jump into a variety of different projects to build new skills. There's always something new.

*The people - my fellow staffers are intellectually curious, passionate about doing good work for clients, and fun to be around. Because so many of us come from different backgrounds, not just PR, it adds an interesting spice to both work and socializing.

*Career opportunities - it's a smaller office, so people are given every opportunity to excel and advance. When you're on an account, you're encouraged to take on more and always be learning.

Cons

*For some, working at a DC PR firm may not be the right fit, as it sometimes requires putting in extra time and being responsive after hours in order to get the job done for clients. It's not for those with a 'punch the clock' mentality.

4. "Love this place"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at KGlobal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-A fantastic group of coworkers, many of whom are at the top of their game. The atmosphere is friendly, collaborative, and encourages professional growth (which the company will often pay for with conferences, trainings, etc)

-Leadership consistently invests in mid and junior level staff, which seems unusual in Washington's churn and burn culture. They want you to stay and grow over the course of several years / a career. I have learned so much here that is outside of my original job description.

-Very interesting clients

-Regular reviews and promotions for hard workers

Cons

5-10% of the junior staff don't belong here because they lack the work ethic or intellectual curiosity. Upper management is slow to fire losers.

Advice to Management

kglobal is among the best at what we do. Employees / managers that don't fit that mold need to go for the sake of the larger firm.

"avoid like the plague"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President

I worked at KGlobal (Less than a year)

Pros

there are some really nice people and excellent professionals at the junior-to-mid-level.

Cons

the senior management is a joke. racist, homophobic, politically incorrect in every way. cannot manage their way out of a paper bag. they claim to have no politics and yet they say the most unseemly things about each other behind their back.

Beyond that, I've never met a group that thinks it knows so much about the industry and in fact knows so little, The most un-self-aware and unwilling to examine itself group i've ever seen. the only advice they take is their own.

The non-salary compensation benefits are actually surprisingly competitive. But the pay is remarkably low and they are taking advantage of people left and right.

When it comes to contemporary work culture they are in the dark ages.

Lastly, nepotism abounds!

Advice to Management

management is the problem, so there is no point.

"Research Associate Intern"

Pros

Great team, very friendly and open to help interns work on new projects.

Cons

Internship did not pay. Limited opportunities to meet other kglobal executives and employees

"Great place, better people"

Current Employee - Account Associate
    Current Employee - Account Associate

I have been working at KGlobal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a ton of reasons to love working at this place, but the the best is pretty obvious - the people. I've never been around a group so passionate, intelligent, and personable. It makes the work day incredibly rewarding, and lends significance to even the most menial tasks (which are rare).

Cons

We're growing too fast for our office!

Advice to Management

None.

"Great place - never feels like work"

I have been working at KGlobal full-time

Pros

Not only is the energy and atmosphere great, the work is fun, challenging, and fast-paced. Every day is different, which makes work a fun place to be.

Cons

We laugh too hard. ;)

Advice to Management

n/a

"Fantastic Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at KGlobal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging work is met with a team concept. Everyone pitches in. There is no bickering among the leadership like I've experienced elsewhere.

Cons

The firm is still growing, so it could use a bit more structure. Some projects are over-staffed, even though they aren't big or lucrative.

Advice to Management

Create more structure. Build teams. Focus more on crisis communications and government work, where you have the most talent.

"A great, increasingly growing communications firm accomplishing creative and meaningful work on behalf of their clients"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at KGlobal full-time

Pros

It's easy to say "the people," but: the people. The firm is a group of passionate and intelligent people able to engage in both thoughtful discourse and witty banter. There hasn't ever been a time where I've woken up stressed or unwilling to face the work day. The work is tough and occasionally rigorous, but always rewarding.

Cons

Being a small firm, there's frequently more spontaneity than structure with certain workflow processes. For example, although informal feedback from the Partners is often provided from both client and personal development levels, kglobal could benefit from a more frequent formalized structure for providing feedback to junior staff.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.