KGlobal Reviews

Updated Feb 3, 2020

3.3
KGlobal CEO Mark Green (no image)
Mark Green
1 Rating

"Internship with kglobal"

Internship in Washington, DC

I worked at KGlobal for less than a year

Pros

Hands on experience Well rounded internship Availability and helpfulness of superiors Co workers are nice and fun to work with Resume Workshop

Cons

The internship is not paid

"👍 Onsite w Client, 🤯 at kglobal HQ"

Account Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at KGlobal

Pros

Worked onsite with govt. client and it was terrific. Rarely heard from kglobal personnel and was able to focus on client’s needs. kglobal administrative staff was very supportive in providing necessary tools and subscriptions execute PR responsibilities.

Cons

Interacting with kglobal personnel or working at kglobal HQ was always an unpleasant and highly unprofessional experience. The corporate leadership is prone to speaking negatively and openly about other company leaders - this trickles down to the staff. It feels like high school drama, how fellow coworkers talk about one another and interact.

KGlobal Response

February 4, 2020Partner

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback, and without it, we cannot improve. We are sorry, however, that your experience interacting with some leaders was less than optimal. We'll keep working on that. In the meantime, the door is always open if you would like to share ideas for enhancing our working environment. -- Gene Grabowski

"You will not succeed or grow here"

Current Employee - Manager Level in Washington, DC

I have been working at KGlobal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent work-life balance because of shrinking contracts and constant turnover.

Cons

Kglobal cares more about the bottom line than their employees. Senior-level management, partners and VPs, are truly toxic, deceitful and underqualified. The company has significant morale issues because there is no effort put into the company culture.

KGlobal Response

October 17, 2019Partner

Thank you for your review. We’re disappointed to hear your opinion and perspective on kglobal. Our sincere intention is to create a high-performance communications firm that is aligned with our dedication to client service and with creating a positive working environment for all of our colleagues. Because we understand we can only improve with candid feedback, we would value the opportunity to hear from you directly about any concerns you may have. If you’re still open to connecting, please reach out directly to one of us. PARTNER AT KGLOBAL

"Leadership drives the company into the ground"

Former Employee - Account Management

I worked at KGlobal full-time

Pros

If you are one of the partners' favorites, they will pay you well. But considering how petty they are, don't count on this. They do have a few interesting clients.

Cons

Similar to the other true negative reviews, the main issue with kglobal is the leadership. All three partners are incompetent and worse, they are apathetic about the company and work, and will actively root against you. If you are looking for a job, there is no future here. One of the partners in particular, claims she is for women empowerment, but actively throws strong female employees (and others) under the bus. She has threatened two former employees by stating to the company and to clients that she was going to call their new place of work to get them to rescind their offer. She will threaten current employees that other agencies are worse and state that she will not be a positive recommendation for those that have left on good terms and reached out. She frequently tells employees that she "hates mentoring/managing." To put it shortly, the position and salary they may promise you is not worth the toxic work culture that permeates the company and the lack of leadership to grow your career. I believe the CEO and owner of the company is a good person, yet he believes the tales the partners spin him. If he were to take a more active role and investigate the issues thoroughly, I believe it would be a different place, but unfortunately, I don't foresee that happening.

"Three Blind Mice"

I worked at KGlobal full-time

Pros

It's a paycheck if you really need one.

Cons

Toxicity poisons the air. The three partners are blind to their own shortcomings but will undercut and undermine each other and their most talented staffers at every turn. And, surprisingly, each wonders why staff is unhappy. This is not the place where you can, or should, build a long-term career. It’s too toxic, you won’t learn enough to master your craft, and professional development is discouraged. If you are desperate for enough for anything then apply but always keep looking. Use this job as a stepping stone and then leave after six months. Stay at your next job long enough to take this off your resume because they will badmouth you to future employers after you leave.

"Keep Looking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at KGlobal full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some talented young professionals at kglobal. Unfortunately, it's negated by the lack of ability and introspection, the naive self-assurance that there's a focus on professional development, and an unwillingness to adapt by the mid-level management and Partners. The location is nice (DuPount Circle), but the office is definitely not. They do provide some freedom for entry-level employees, but you're almost guaranteed to get overwhelmed with dull work right away and not have room for anything other than churning and burning. So it almost doesn't matter.

Cons

The leadership is awful. The three Partners all have their strengths and weaknesses as far as the actual work product, but they constantly argue and complain about each other, the lower level employees, and their boss—to EVERYONE in the company. There is absolutely no self-awareness the impact this has on morale, and no willingness to look at processes to try to fix the toxic culture. I've never worked at a company where employee morale is such a low priority. I hope you make a good first impression, because if not, you're done. This stems from a lack of motivation and management know-how. The Partners ignore their management responsibilities, and don't see anything wrong with that. It's someone else's problem. The pay is low. The best clients left along with the talented employees. Now it's all trade associations, federal work, and small organizations. This will do nothing for your resume. The Partners' ability to hire is SHOCKINGLY bad. And their willingness to move on from poor hires is equally so. There's an unhealthy preference for hiring people within their personal networks. It's laughable how this NEVER worked out over the entire course of my time there. You won't develop the skills you need to succeed because of a lack of mentorship guidance (and frankly, not many people know what they're doing, but are unwilling to try harder).

"Research Associate"

4.0

I worked at KGlobal part-time

Pros

Great setting to learn about agency life

Cons

Nothing here to speak of

"Love this place"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at KGlobal full-time for more than a year

Pros

-A fantastic group of coworkers, many of whom are at the top of their game. The atmosphere is friendly, collaborative, and encourages professional growth (which the company will often pay for with conferences, trainings, etc) -Leadership consistently invests in mid and junior level staff, which seems unusual in Washington's churn and burn culture. They want you to stay and grow over the course of several years / a career. I have learned so much here that is outside of my original job description. -Very interesting clients -Regular reviews and promotions for hard workers

Cons

5-10% of the junior staff don't belong here because they lack the work ethic or intellectual curiosity. Upper management is slow to fire losers.

Continue reading

"I made the switch from news media to PR - and haven't regretted it"

I have been working at KGlobal full-time for more than a year

Pros

*The work - the clients are varied and interesting. Staff members are given the opportunity to jump into a variety of different projects to build new skills. There's always something new. *The people - my fellow staffers are intellectually curious, passionate about doing good work for clients, and fun to be around. Because so many of us come from different backgrounds, not just PR, it adds an interesting spice to both work and socializing. *Career opportunities - it's a smaller office, so people are given every opportunity to excel and advance. When you're on an account, you're encouraged to take on more and always be learning.

Cons

*For some, working at a DC PR firm may not be the right fit, as it sometimes requires putting in extra time and being responsive after hours in order to get the job done for clients. It's not for those with a 'punch the clock' mentality.

"avoid like the plague"

2.0
    Senior Vice President

I worked at KGlobal for less than a year

Pros

there are some really nice people and excellent professionals at the junior-to-mid-level.

Cons

the senior management is a joke. racist, homophobic, politically incorrect in every way. cannot manage their way out of a paper bag. they claim to have no politics and yet they say the most unseemly things about each other behind their back. Beyond that, I've never met a group that thinks it knows so much about the industry and in fact knows so little, The most un-self-aware and unwilling to examine itself group i've ever seen. the only advice they take is their own. The non-salary compensation benefits are actually surprisingly competitive. But the pay is remarkably low and they are taking advantage of people left and right. When it comes to contemporary work culture they are in the dark ages. Lastly, nepotism abounds!

Found 18 reviews