KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 Reviews

Updated Apr 28, 2019

3.2
KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 CEO  (no image)
  1. "Teacher aid"

Current Employee - Teacher Aid in Kingman, AZ

I have been working at KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working with children since I was 18 I’ve play sports all my life growing up and I know a lot about sports

Cons

I really don’t have any cons

Advice to Management

Working with children since I was 18 years old and I love sports and teaching them how to play the game and about being a team and working with others

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #202019-04-28
  2. "KUSD high school employee"

Former Employee - Classified Coordinator in Kingman, AZ

I worked at KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kids are mostly wonderful, even the teens with troubles. Dedicated coworkers for the most part.

Cons

High teacher turnover. Very low wages. Some of the lowest in the entire country. Teachers started at 26k per year so most only lasted 1 year to get experience. Non certified staff stay longer. But the medical insurance is astronomical. If you have children or a spouse relying on you for medical insurance, you will have a negative income.

Advice to Management

Start a movement to increase taxes in the area. Teachers and staff need to earn more money. Either that or force parents to participate in education by transporting their kids themselves or implementing long distance education to cut down on transportation costs. The transportation costs in this rural area eat up the majority of the budget. The community needs to step up and pay for the schools they use. Nothing is... free. We are all supposed to contribute to educating our young people.

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #202018-12-12
  3. "Instructional Coach"

Current Employee - Instructional Coach in Kingman, AZ

I have been working at KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The students in this district are awesome!

Cons

Low pay for being a highly trained professional with a Master's Degree...

Advice to Management

find a way to get pay up....

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #202018-02-12

"Kingman Teacher"

Former Employee - Math Teacher in Kingman, AZ

I worked at KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Kingman has great weather and a pretty low cost of living. They have a lot of openings and are always looking for more teachers.

Cons

They told me I would be fully vested after 5 years. I wanted to leave after 4 but stayed one more year. They then told me I was 0% vested and I lost out on about $25k.

Advice to Management

Make quality hires instead of filling empty spots. Pay more to keep people around. There is no incentive to stay once you have a few years of experience.

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #202018-02-25

"Teaching opportunities"

I worked at KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 full-time

Pros

four day work week, can receive a bonus off your performance, get lots of training from the district, and benefits are okay if you are single.

Cons

Pay is not the best in the nation with cost of living and taxes. Expect lots of work for little pay at times. Upper management will be shady in making decisions. Sometimes will not stand behind their employees.

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #202017-12-13

"Hard work"

I have been working at KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20

Pros

Working at Kingman Unified School District gives teachers valuable experience and what they can and can't handle. It's hard work but valuable experience.

Cons

There is little to no funding for the school. Resources are incredibly limited and student behavior is not good. Teachers need to have thick skin and be prepared for anything.

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #202016-03-20

"Avoid"

I worked at KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20

Pros

I can not think of one thing positive to say about this place. There are no positives.

Cons

Everything. Teaching here will ruin your chances of being hired anywhere else. Terrible district, and city.

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #202015-12-28

"Teacher"

Former Employee - Math Teacher in Kingman, AZ

I worked at KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many openings each year. Great Summer Academy, professional development for teachers. Great support for new teachers by grade level planning.

Cons

Low salary. Many changes of strategies and academic programs each year in an attempt to increase academic success. Small community that has limited activities and is a distance from large city. Hot climate.

Advice to Management

Ask teachers what they need for better results. They are in the trenches and know. Strive for less turn over.

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #202015-08-27

"Teacher"

I worked at KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 for more than a year

Pros

Good support & collaboration with colleagues Weekly staff meetings on improving instruction A real sense of commitment to improve the students education & opportunities by the staff

Cons

Inconsistent discipline implementation Unstable administration at the leadership levels Location

Advice to Management

In my opinion the school I was at needs a more consistent discipline policy implemented by the staff & led by the administration. Also I believe there needs to be more stability it the leadership level.

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #202015-08-12

"Difficult to evaluate with all the changes"

Current Employee - Teacher in Kingman, AZ

I have been working at KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #20 full-time

Pros

There's a lot of work being done to make effective changes and to reach the students who come from a predominantly challenging home environment.

Cons

The current district administration doesn't seem focused on caring about their teachers and employees. There hasn't been much done to lift the 5-10 year freeze on salary steps even while they seem to keep adding positions for higher-paid administration.

KINGMAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT #202015-06-01