KLAS Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Adam Gale

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people doing great work with a great purpose and mission (in 17 reviews)

• You actually get to make a difference (in 8 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great People Who Really Believe They Are Moving The Needle"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time

Pros

You get to work with some wonderful people and KLAS is very mission-based with a pretty good culture. There are growth opportunities with the caveat that you create them yourself. KLAS does EOY profit sharing which is nice. This is a fast-growing company that still has a lot of opportunity for disruptors.

Cons

Sometimes having unclear growth metrics can be challenging. The researchers spend a lot of time on the phone, sometimes cold calling. This can make for a really long day if you are not talking to anyone.

2. "Klas"

Pros

Company doing great things for health IT

Cons

very cliquey; seems to be a popularity contest

"Not What You Expect it To Be"

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time

Pros

Benefits are decent, but they are increasing in cost. KLAS does a good job of providing lots of free food and "fun" stuff. This is an ideal job for a 19-25 year old who is looking for their first professional job, except...

Cons

They don't hire that age bracket. They want college graduates with impressive GPAs and extensive work history. So, to recap, they're offering $15-$20/hr and expecting to get top-tier talent....which is why they can't find anyone to hire.
    Meaningful advancement and raises are difficult to come by. KLAS is torn between its desire to be a do-gooder company and the reality that it's run by people with slanted agendas. Corners get cut all the time, it just depends who says the corner gets to get cut.

Advice to Management

Figure out whether mission or money will win out. Reward talent to keep it in-house. You keep losing directors and managers because you offer them one path in the interview and then explain later that it will take longer and they won't earn as much.

"An island of idealism in a sea of greed"

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time

Pros

It's amazing that a company built on principle and not on profit can have survived nearly 25 years, but KLAS has found the right way to do it. I love when healthcare providers visit us and tell us what they are dealing with - and how our work makes such a difference to them! Those employees bought into the mission of KLAS have tremendous opportunities to make the world's healthcare better, and KLAS leadership wants everybody bought in. KLAS cares more about serving and doing good than about making sales people rich. Most people at KLAS are honest, brilliant, humble, eager to learn, and hard working. Most everybody here cares very much about their peers. Some might see this as a con, but there is a lot that each of us at KLAS can do to make our processes better. The president of KLAS, Adam Gale, is one of the finest, most caring, smartest people I've ever met, and I feel honored to get to spend (occasional) time with him. I'm scared for the day when he might want to do something different or retire. He makes you feel like you matter. I'm able to speak my mind, and people are allowed to disagree with each other without having to worry about their job.

Cons

A few (very few) people are just plain in it for themselves, and they don't fit. Only a couple of those are in leadership positions. Managers are so busy with their own work they don't have enough time to manage well. It takes a long time for a good idea to be recognized, and it usually has to be presented by someone who is "trusted to have good ideas" for it to get through, even if it wasn't theirs to begin with. KLAS gives too much recognition to those who work really, really hard to find success in a broken process, rather than those who spend time making a better process.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your people, it's what sets KLAS apart. Never become one of those companies that cares only about profit. Promote only those who are proven to be mission-focused, as well as competent and hard-working. Give your managers more time to manage and raise the bar on your first-line managers managers to get better at managing. Be willing to try things a different way, but continue stick to your ideals and principles.

"Train, Develop and Manage Researchers"

Current Employee - Research Development Manager in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Research Development Manager in American Fork, UT

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People to work with! It's a fun environment of working hard and playing hard. Nice leadership. The mission of KLAS is a very noble cause that is easy to rally around.

Cons

Process and Leadership lack of Education. Processes are formed from methods of this is how we've always done it. Process improvement at KLAS is like paving cow paths. The cow paths have worked in the past it time to build a freeway.

Advice to Management

The Final Interview process needs some help. It's very subjective and less important for each researcher to know everything. There needs to be more one on one training from Managers let the Managers manage and let them focus by taking away the things that others can do.

"Not a Perfect Place to Work, But a Very, Very Good One"

Current Employee - Research Manager
    Current Employee - Research Manager

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of growth opportunity, awesome and kind coworkers, mission-based culture, good flexibility with how you work and what you want to work on, intellectually challenging and stimulating work and environment.

Cons

Processes and tools continue to be a hindrance to both productivity and performance. Not always as organized and clear with expectations and how to achieve expectations. Entry-level jobs are a grind and easy to get burnt out on.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I believe we get better and are on the right path.

"Great growing company, with great mission."

Current Employee - Research Director
    Current Employee - Research Director

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people doing great work with a great purpose and mission. If you are looking for a cause to get behind, the effort to improve healthcare delivery is a great one. There are genuinely great people work here. I have made life long friend's while working at KLAS. I love that KLAS is a learning company and is willing to explore and invest in improving people, process, and technology to be great and drive improving healthcare. At times it can be a slow and calculated process that frustrates some. This is because KLAS is growing and not able to be as flexible as they once were.

There is lots of training, education and opportunity to grow. The growing may not be directly related to job promotions or management, but is related to developing new skills and being part of important initiatives, I have not changed my core job responsibilities since joining KLAS but have been part of teams and initiatives to explore and implement efforts to improve to be great.

One effort KLAS has done a better job at over the past two years is listening and hearing the members of their teams. They continually gather employee feedback and even manager specific feedback to create training and development to improve their people.

The culture is great. Some teams are better than others but generally great across the board. It is a fast paced, hard working environment that is not for the faint of heart or someone just looking for a easy cruising job.

KLAS is very family friendly and flexible to support the needs that folks have outside of work. They have a few activities every year where they ecourage and invite families.

Cons

No company is without blemish. KLAS is a growing company and with that comes growing pains. KLAS has experienced changes in process, management, people and technology. With every change comes a need to learn new workflows, this creates frustration for some.

KLAS has made a significant effort to improve the work life balance challenge that is mostly created by people who are energized about the mission of KLAS and work extra anyway. KLAS is mostly driven by deadline's to create products, this can create stress when we are up against a timeline. I also know that my manager has been more encouraging about finding a good balance for work and life.

Advice to Management

Growing from a small start up to a midsized company has been great. Some of the same processes and plans that brought KLAS to this place may not work as we continue to grow. My recommendation would be to continue to learn and explore people, process, and technology to carry us to the next level.

"Great company for the right candidate!"

I worked at KLAS Enterprises full-time

Pros

Very employee centric with great perks and benefits. Face paced autonomous work environment with the collection and reporting of vendor performance within several medical verticals from the provider's voice. Great mission plan for improving vendor performance in healthcare IT!

Cons

Not many if you enjoy making outbound calls and collecting valuable provider's insights on the technologies they use!

Advice to Management

Work on decreasing the turnover rate and getting the right people in the right seat on the bus. Keep up the good work. Great company!

"KLAS is a great place to work"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Orem, UT

I worked at KLAS Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very supportive environment Workplace.

Cons

Expectations are set too high and some may not be able to perform and meet expectations

"Awesome Company"

I worked at KLAS Enterprises full-time

Pros

Great people, great mission. I had a great time there.

Cons

Being a small company, there isn't a lot of career growth opportunities