KLAS Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Adam Gale

Pros
  • You actually get to make a difference (in 11 reviews)

• Great people on every team (mostly - there are loud whiners everywhere, but only a few at KLAS) (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, work life balance is tough, but at what company is (in 13 reviews)

• KLAS has its growing pains due to consistent headcount and revenue growth over the past several years (in 8 reviews)

"KLAS is a great place to work"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Orem, UT

I worked at KLAS Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very supportive environment Workplace.

Cons

Expectations are set too high and some may not be able to perform and meet expectations

"Great culture with meaningful work."

Current Employee - Vice President Provider Relations in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Vice President Provider Relations in Orem, UT

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic culture focused on making a real difference for healthcare providers and ultimately health. Conversations all over the US and internationally are really exciting.

Cons

Work is challenging, but rewarding. Building relationships inside and outside the organization is a lot of fun. The challenges in the industry with healthcare IT keep us hopping.

"Trying to move from good to great"

Current Employee - Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

KLAS is a company that really strives to live by its mission. To improve the delivery of healthcare by measuring the state of the industry and providing insights that facilitates discussion and change. They are constantly trying to break down internal growth barriers for employees and the company at large...sometimes successful, and sometimes not as much, but they certainly don't give up. And they really to try and care what employees have to say and they try and put it into action.

If you have the same desires and really have a social cause driven mindset, its a great alternative than going and working for a non-profit company. I can't speak for others, but I have been given a ton of opportunities to prove myself and grow as a person and in my career here. Plus within the first 6 months, you gain what I would consider a masters in healthcare education. I regard my KLAS education at the same level as my post graduate work.

Seriously, there are few other places that help you speak the healthcare language as well as KLAS does, so if you move on in the future, you can easily move vertically in healthcare IT. I know cause I have seen other friends leave KLAS and do it.

I have been at 4 other companies at the same size as KLAS and if I compare the leadership and managers, their actions really do reflect their desire to help their employees become the best they can.. Much better than the other 4 companies I worked at.

Cons

We are a 150 employee company who is trying to grow into a 300 person company. There are a lot of internal systems and process that are not helping to support that type of a move. I have been at other companies who have tried to make the jump. It is hard and hurts. It pushes a company beyond what it is comfortable with. and through that process, you have employees that can get lost in the process, or not taken care of.

It really comes down to needing an operational structure that can help support our growth. We have the right people, maybe just not in the right seats on the bus. Really it just boils down to growing pains, I am confident we will figure it out.

Also, work life balance is tough, but at what company is work life balance in order? If you want to be great, you need to push yourself. KLAS hires people who would push themselves no matter what company they are at. I just use my spouse as a thermometer to back off when I am becoming work-a-holic. hahahaha!

Advice to Management

Just keep trying to look in a mirror and face the brutal facts of our growth state and where we want to go and have the courage to make the hard decisions.

"SO Glad to be GONE!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at KLAS Enterprises full-time

Pros

Their mission to improve healthcare is admirable.

Cons

Everything else is a farce! While their mission is good, the ways they go about accomplishing it are a joke. Even their 'statistics' are statistically irrelevant. I'm at a loss as to why healthcare IT companies both with what 'KLAS' thinks of them.

Advice to Management

You can read all the warm-fuzzy management books you want but they don't do a bit of good if you refuse to implement them. Your management is a joke, sorry. You don't promote good work or good workers so you will never achieve your highest potential. Such a shame since you have a unique company and could do some great things if you could just get beyond yourselves.

"Leave notice."

Former Employee - Web Developer in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Orem, UT

Pros

Tons of activities... Very fun place to work. Great Benefits!! 20 days PTO a year. Fun people.

Cons

After putting in my 2 week notice HR told me it wasn't in the interest of the company to keep me on any longer as they would have to pay for health insurance for the following month and would end up paying for my wife to possibly have a baby. They try really hard to keep premiums down and I really saw this when I was leaving. Careful in pulling in your leave notice.

"Best Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I absolutely love working at KLAS. Our mission to improve the world's healthcare is amazing because we get to help doctors, nurses and all healthcare providers have better systems to use, we get to help patients receive better care, and we get to help vendors improve their software. The executive team is very open to feedback, they encourage the team to get involved and provide it, and they implement changes when they can. I have been offered loads of opportunities, I am compensated well, our PTO and healthcare are amazing benefits, and I get to work with fantastic people throughout the company. I love my job.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, but we hire great people who are up to the challenge and set them up for success.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a fantastic job. Thank you for all that you do.

"Research Director"

Former Employee - Research Director in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Research Director in Orem, UT

I worked at KLAS Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company and employees. Fast paced and always too much to do and too little time. Overall if you have an "A" and a passion for healthcare transparency it's a great fit!

Cons

Overall nothing that wouldn't make you want to work there and make it a career!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and spend a little more time on the training component.

"Dysfunction Junction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free popcorn and easy mac
    Paycheck (abeit a weak one for many, considering their experience and the hours they pull)
    Nice coworkers
    They hire the best and the brightest

Cons

Unless they sell, I don't think this place can survive its turnover.
    Nepotism abounds.
    Old school sexism is alive and well
    They exploit the altruism of local Mormon culture - because they are "improving healthcare" 70 weeks are the standard if you want to be valued
    Project management is a joke
    Questionable research practices from some higher-ups (this company gets sued frequently, and sometimes there really is a good reason)
    Passive aggressive communication, and management will make decisions based on rumors
    If you have failed to impress once, you might as well leave. Unfavorable judgement cannot be remedied.
    PTO isn't really PTO, as no workload adjustment is made for monthly performance metrics OR mandatory travel.

Advice to Management

Get real.
    Stop navel gazing. Just because the company does good things does not mean you are off the hook for fixing your own systemic problems.

KLAS Enterprises Response

Feb 5, 2016 – HR Director

We are truly sorry that you are unhappy at KLAS. We appreciate real and purposeful feedback so we can try to make this the best and most positive experience one could have as an employee. One brief ... More

"Research Analyst"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Orem, UT

Pros

great employees, good company culture, stays up on industry issues

Cons

If we are to move forward then we need time to innovate instead of constant press to produce

Advice to Management

Listen to info from the front lines.

"Things are great at KLAS"

Current Employee - Strategic Operations Manager in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Strategic Operations Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at KLAS Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, strong focus on integrity, Solid managers

Cons

You're not going to get rich working at KLAS

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work as you transition into the next phase of being a company. There is a struggle between specialization and the inherent loss of culture that occurs when companies specialize in order to grow.