KLLM Transport Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
James M. Richards, Jr

Pros
  • Good company to work for lot of road time (in 3 reviews)

• Friendships are life long, holidays paid, team-work, terminal managers friendly, drivers friendly, good equipment, (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No home time for you and family (in 5 reviews)

• I'm currently a kllm lease purchase driver under a one year contract (in 4 reviews)

1. "Human Resource Receptionist/ Call Center Representative"

Former Employee - Receptionist/Switchboard Operator/Call Center Representative in Richland, MS

I worked at KLLM Transport Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a Great job

Cons

None of my business opportunities there had cons

2. "My licence was revoked b/c lawsuit!"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Jackson, MS

I have been working at KLLM Transport Services full-time

Pros

Kllm is a decent company. I received my licence from the academy.

Cons

My licence was suspended, then downgraded because they weren't authorized to test out students.

Advice to Management

I'm thinking of filing a class action suit regarding my licence. I have to take off work to drive and retest.

"Not a good experience."

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Jackson, MS

I worked at KLLM Transport Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to get my Cdl through the kllm academy and the academy is very nice. You have your own little hotel room with a shower and flat screen tv.

Cons

Driving for kllm has been the most stressful time of my life. I'm not for sure if the way that they plan your loads are the same across all companies but 75% of my loads were impossible to make. I would currently have a load that would be due at let's say 12 in the afternoon. They would then send a load that has to be picked up at 9 am???? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever if I currently can't deliver until my appointment time what makes you think I can get to a load that needs to be picked up 3 hours before I can deliver. This was not a one time thing this happened way more times than not and then they still expect you to make delivery on time. I personally would never go back to this company other drivers may have had a better experience but mine not so much.

Advice to Management

Get better load planners and dispatchers that van give drivers reasonable loads

"The most hostile work environment ever"

Former Employee - Costomer Service in Richland, MS
    Former Employee - Costomer Service in Richland, MS

I worked at KLLM Transport Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, the people that endure are some of the best people you can know , can't say enough about the people and what they go Thur Dailey

Cons

Very negative atmosphere to work it, constant micro management, public humiliation, you can bust your rear and get no where unless your part of the "i groupe

Advice to Management

Get rid of Jim before he runs off all the older Tallent

"It's what you make out of it"

Current Employee - Otr Truck Driver Lease Purchase in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Otr Truck Driver Lease Purchase in Jackson, MS

I have been working at KLLM Transport Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lease purchase is best in the industry by far. Equipment is great and road breakdown is very fast to help the driver when needed

Cons

Office personal are very rude if you let them be, just remember freight don't move unless you the driver move it. Shop workers are lazy and make you feel like you are a inconvenience to them.

Advice to Management

If you want to be a company driver company be one lease operators have to put their financial situation over kllm.

"Horrible HR Department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richland, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richland, MO

Pros

Recruiting members were very polite and understandable.

Cons

I will try to make this story as short as possible. I was excited about enjoying this company so I called the recruiting number and the two times I spoke with them they were very generous answering my questions and everything else. I asked the recruiter about documentation I needed to bring with me to orientation. I told them that I only had at the moment a certified letter from the court stating that I am a US Citizen. I do not have a US passport nor a US Birth certificate as someone broke in to my hotel room when I worked for this other company and didn't realize until I got home that I was missing such documents. So basically I needed to know if they would accept this certified letter confirming I was a US citizen for employment purposes.(On a side note, I was just signing on with them for the 6 day refreshment course as I already have my CDL and I was waiting on my new US passport). Recruiting people were saying I needed this mainly for the DMV but they weren't sure about employment so they attempted to transfer me a couple of times to HR. The first time I got transferred ended up being sent back to recruiting staff by someone in HR cutting me off saying I was calling to the wrong department and I soon as I was about to give more details I was already in queue waiting for a recruiter. I told the recruiter again what was going and got transferred again to HR and this time I left a voicemail and never got a call back from HR. I called again hours later, explained again to the recruiter what was going on and got transferred again to HR. (The recruiters, the two times I spoke with them, they were understanding perfectly what I needed to find out and were transferring me right away and they were very polite) So I spoke with someone again in the HR department, and again I got interrupted while explaining to them what was going, they said " Hold on" and I was in queue again for a recruiter. Both times I spoke with someone in HR seemed like they were in a bad mood, very rude or too busy to let me explain what was going, very disappointed with this company after all the research I had done about this company.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to others.

"good company"

Former Employee - Owner Operator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Owner Operator in Dallas, TX

I worked at KLLM Transport Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this co.

8. "Weekend dispatcher"

Former Employee - Weekend Dispatcher in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Weekend Dispatcher in Jackson, MS

I worked at KLLM Transport Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Ithe has good benefits. Great people to work with. And really enjoy working with drivers

Cons

Management don't know how to treat people. The run off the good worker and keep the worthless on

Advice to Management

Stop being so hard on the employees when they have to train their self find out the facts before you bless them out.

9. "A company with a lot of potential who lacks the right focus"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Destin, FL
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Destin, FL

I worked at KLLM Transport Services (Less than a year)

Pros

All the perks of a larger trucking company.

Cons

KLLM is focused on putting truck drivers in trucks, but not paying them enough to keep them. I stayed on the road months with no home time and still was receiving NEGATIVE settlements, ready and willing to work. Dispatchers seem like they are trying to pull straws but don't have the loads and they will stretch you to meet their customer needs with no regard to your bottom line. KLLM cares about their policies, unnecessary paperwork and trying to conform drivers into corporate employees more than trying to utilize their strengths and create a good company with good retention rates.

Advice to Management

Most of us are safe, we do our jobs, but you insist we call and listen to a recording every week, how about an email? You give us bills with all of the customer information appended why should I spend 30 minutes sitting at the customer retyping it to send back to you? 3. Your FTE employees should know the difference between a company driver and a owner operator, you want to structure the company around us "owing our trucks" but simultaneously treat oo's like employees with a zillion requirements and rules (YOU AREN"T PAYING US FOR). 4. Stop hiring drivers that you can't put to work. 5. If nothing else, get to know industry standards. 5. Long-term: We do good, you do good.

10. "Truck Driver"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Justice, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Justice, IL

I have been working at KLLM Transport Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Salary and great support staff.

Cons

14 hour work day/ 11 hour driving possibility.