KPMG Reviews in Albuquerque, NM | Glassdoor

3.5
KPMG CEO Lynne Doughtie
Lynne Doughtie

Cons

"Good salary and benefits"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at KPMG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits at this firm are what kept me there year after year. Good medical coverage, good amount of vacation time, flexible work options and retirement/401k. For the most part, the Partnership figures were open and available for conversations with staff.

Cons

Depending on which department you're in, things can be really good or really bad. My work group was switched from one department to another; the first department was caring and inclusive, the second, well, not so much. My work group went from respected professionals to being left out of informational meetings and disrespected in the decision-making process. Some professionals have very entitled attitudes and exhibit a disregard for those not in the client-facing positions. Certain non-client-facing fields have extremely limited mobility options unless you want to retrain and relocate.

Advice to Management

Listen to those with experience, no matter their personnel level. If they say something's a bad idea and they have experience with it, don't override them based on your own personal relationships. This goes against the core values you supposedly hold so dear.

"Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Associate in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Associate in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at KPMG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to start your career

Cons

Low flexibility, a lot of overtime, more travel than management will let on.

Advice to Management

Listen to upward feedback.

"I have been working full time at KPMG for 3 years and have had a pleasant experience"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at KPMG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the 5 weeks of time off and many managers allow flexible hours (perhaps early off on Fridays). Growth is very standard. You know almost exactly what your raises will be and can make manager if you just hang on.

Cons

Your work/life balance is completely dependent on the engagement you are working and the manager you are working for. Some people may be working 50 hours a week while others are working 80.

Advice to Management

Be careful not to get too understaffed and encourage people not to eat hours.

Showing 3 of 9,974 reviews