KRT Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
KRT Marketing Managing Partner Ryan J. Christoi
Ryan J. Christoi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work at"

Pros

Leadership cares a lot about the company, and constantly makes improvements. Free snacks, boot camps, agency retreats, reservoir passes, etc. I haven't seen another company that cares this much about their employees.

You have the ability to truly make an impact within the agency due to its smaller size.

Cons

Some limited career growth

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Great company with a lot of potential within the industry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA

I worked at KRT Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

KRT Marketing is a great company to work for where you have the opportunity to work with smart people and build great friendships. As a small company you have the opportunity to make an impact quickly and get exposed to all departments. KRT is a great place for people who are self motivated to forge their own path.

Cons

As a small company growing quickly there are some growing pains. The on boarding process is constantly improving but it is easy for new hires to feel like they have gotten a little lost in the process.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the business as the team continues to grow and ensure you are acknowledging that everyones contribution matters. Don't let employees feel like they are slipping through the cracks.

Mar 25, 2017 – HR Representative

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. You’re correct that, as a growing company, we need to continue to work hard to ensure that we have a high-touch on-boarding process along with making certain... More

"Great people and lots of opportunity"

I worked at KRT Marketing full-time

Pros

KRT is a great place for employees who are team players and have a willingness to learn. Since it is a small company, you must wear multiple hats to help cover all of the necessary requests that come in from the clients. This really breeds growth through touching multiple parts of each campaign. They also have a vast book of business, so there is much experience to be had in different industries. The employees that work at KRT are extremely intelligent and forward thinkers. It is a company full of people who are constantly pushing the boundaries and trying to make their mark on the industry. There is also a very family-oriented company culture. There are lots of company events that are fun, and they certainly work hard and play hard.

Cons

KRT has a large book of business while maintaining its small company vibe. Sometimes the volume of work can feel overwhelming.

Mar 25, 2017 – HR Representative

We're glad to hear you had such a positive experience working at KRT. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

"So glad to be part of the team."

Pros

KRT Marketing is truly a unique working environment. A smaller company with big name clients and leading-edge technology/performance. One of the most outstanding things about the agency is the team makeup and family atmosphere. Management seems dedicated to fostering an inclusive work environment and provides every opportunity for people to contribute an virtually every level.

Cons

Expectations are high -- not only from clients, but from within, which can make the work intense from time-to-time. Fortunately, management works hard to make sure that there's also time for play and plenty of personal recognition along the way.

Advice to Management

Don't change your approach to client relations and setting the bar high. I've learned so much more during my time here than I ever expected.

Mar 8, 2016 – HR Representative

Thanks for recognizing that we do set high expectations for for ourselves. It's what has allowed the team (both collectively and individually) to rise above our competition and maintain our... More

5. "The perfect place for me to grow my career."

Pros

I feel very blessed for all of the opportunities that KRT Marketing has given me. From my very first day I’ve felt that I was being positioned for long-term success. I’ve been surrounding by an incredibly talented, hard-working teammates that take their work (and their FUN) seriously.

I’ve always had the sense that this company really cares about me, my family, my teammates and our clients.

The leadership team is truly that…a group of incredible mentors that takes an active interest in everyone’s life (both personally and professionally). I’ve continually been exposed to trainings, lunch & learns and conference opportunities that have allowed me to get better each and every day.

I’ve also had the opportunity to directly impact the advertising programs for HUGE Fortune 500 companies, which is pretty cool.

Maybe that’s why no one seems to leave.

Cons

As a mid-sized agency tucked into the East Bay, KRT isn’t exactly the fast-paced high-rise I envisioned working at growing up…however the tight-knit environment comes with its own benefits. You also wear a lot of different hats…and while sometimes you have to take on tedious tasks you wished you didn’t have to, everyone pitches in around here to simply get the job done.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. There seems to be so much positive momentum at the agency right now. Don’t screw it up.

6. "KRT is a great place to thrive."

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time

Pros

KRT is a great place to work.

Cons

Employees can often times feel overwhelmed.

Mar 8, 2016 – HR Representative

Thanks for your comments. We're glad you feel KRT is place that has allowed you to thrive. We also appreciate your candor about feeling "overwhelmed." We understand this the work here is... More

7. "Returned to KRT for 3rd time"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Lafayette, CA
    Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The family-like culture at KRT is something unlike anything I've ever experienced. Ryan Christoi and Keith Thomas really care about everyone and promote work/life balance. Also, the top notch services that the agency provides for its clients is out of this world.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 8, 2016 – HR Representative

Thanks for the positive feedback. We've been lucky to have some great "boomerangs" here at KRT....hope you're enjoying your third tour of duty!

8. "Caring, challenging atmosphere with emphasis on people and self-improvement."

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time

Pros

A great company to work for that values the people that come through the door every day. A lot of emphasis is put on how we can all collectively excel at what we do and management has a strong open-door policy. Word hard, play hard mentality.

Cons

Since it is a smaller company, workloads can often be demanding, but management puts things in place to help with alleviating some of that pressure and promoting a team atmosphere of support.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees and provide a safe and supportive workplace.

Mar 8, 2016 – HR Representative

Thanks for letting us know that our efforts to improve workflow and alleviate pressure are being felt. We are working hard to ensure everyone finds a nice work/life balance.

9. "Great people and positive & fun working environment"

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time

Pros

Great benefits, people are friendly and passionate about what they do. Offers a flexible schedule when needed. Love the people I work with.

Cons

More collaboration with departments. There is a contact disconnect and there is a lot of room for improvement. We are are a small company so everyone works differently but there needs to be more collaboration across the agency.

Advice to Management

Better communication and when there is a problem addressing it and hold people accountable.

Mar 16, 2015 – Partner

Thank you for your observations on internal communication and collaboration. This is something we have been working on and have renewed our commitment to bringing the team closer together. Please... More

10. "Fun, Creative, Team Environment"

I have been working at KRT Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a very positive work environment with dedicated, hard-working team members. Everyone is friendly, positive and knows how to have fun while working hard. Keith and Ryan care about their employees career goals and work-life balance. There are also many opportunities to work on a variety of projects and expand your skills. It has been a great place to work.

Cons

Each of the departments have talented, hard-working staff but sometimes there is a disconnect in the flow of information from department to department. I have seen the communication improve and have noticed a great effort to connect the departments to work as a larger team and it's working.

Advice to Management

It's apparent that you truly care about your employees and their well being, you have created an encouraging and supportive business environment, keep it up! Keep the flow of information open and continue to encourage departments to work together as a team to keep everyone in the loop. KRT has been a great place to work!

Mar 16, 2015 – Partner

Thanks for letting us know that our efforts to improve communications are being felt. We are working hard to create a stronger collaborative structure that will encourage and facilitate better... More