KRT Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
KRT Marketing Managing Partner Ryan J. Christoi
Ryan J. Christoi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Exciting Company with Passionate Co-Workers"

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership team is committed to hiring the best, and promotes success and development within the agency. They take a vested interest in each employee, and the overall atmosphere feels like family. Unlimited PTO, wellness benefits and other perks show that the agency is committed to the people that make it hum. Co-workers are passionate, hard-working, and dedicated to client success at all times. Always pushing forward.

Cons

The work can be fast-paced, but for someone that thrives in that environment it can be very rewarding.

2. "Going places"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA

I worked at KRT Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's hard to find an unhappy client at KRT, which happen to be some of the largest companies in the world, and you get to work alongside smart and motivated professionals. The culture is work-hard/play-hard and always supportive. It's a great place to be challenged again and again...in a good way.

Cons

The commute can rough for anyone not living in East Bay, but that's SF for you.

Advice to Management

Keep finding the best people to hop on the bus and turn the Green Belt Certification into an industry treasure.

3. "It's about the people"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The support of a team and the respect of my coworkers. When you are with people who trust you to make the right calls and give you the freedom to create and implement, you can get a LOT done!

Cons

Conference calls. Sometimes the connection is no bueno. Being heard in a room where everyone is speaking via phone.. it's hard to interject and it's hard to hear what's happening!

Jun 15, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Thanks for the review! We agree that KRT is founded on trust and respect - which drives the overall success of our team and clients. Regarding the connectivity issues you are experiencing, I would... More

4. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid benefits from different opportunities, snacks, boot camps and unlimited PTO is pretty sweet. Everyone here is super nice and a good fit.

Cons

It can get hectic and busy for sure.

Advice to Management

Thanks for keeping communication channels open

Jun 15, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are enjoying the benefits - we truly feel that all our KRTers work hard and deserve some TLC along the way!

5. "Culture at the Forefront"

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time

Pros

KRT is deeply dedicated to having an authentic, rewarding culture for its employees. The leadership team's focus on the team as a whole, as well as each individual's path within the company, is apparent at all times. There is no one employee left behind with this company. The work is challenging and interesting, with the employees given a lot of autonomy to do the work necessary to make the company a success for their clients.

Cons

This is a fast-paced company, that's for sure. There have been some growing pains as the book of business expands, but the leadership team definitely makes an effort to stay on top of the growth and provide as much support as they can while things settle.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jun 15, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! I am happy that you recognize our efforts to ensure no employee is left behind and how hard we work to create the unique culture KRT has. We are... More

6. "Great company to work at"

Pros

Leadership cares a lot about the company, and constantly makes improvements. Free snacks, boot camps, agency retreats, reservoir passes, etc. I haven't seen another company that cares this much about their employees.

You have the ability to truly make an impact within the agency due to its smaller size.

Cons

Some limited career growth

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Aug 25, 2017 – Company Representative

We’re glad you appreciated our ‘perks’ as we are constantly improving our wellness program. Thank you for acknowledging how hard we work to make constant improvements for the agency.

7. "Feels like Family!"

I have been working at KRT Marketing full-time

Pros

KRT is such a supportive place to work. I appreciate the emphasis on learning and work life balance. I enjoy the diversity in clients.

Cons

Career growth opportunities seem to be challenging for some.

"Great company with a lot of potential within the industry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA

I worked at KRT Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

KRT Marketing is a great company to work for where you have the opportunity to work with smart people and build great friendships. As a small company you have the opportunity to make an impact quickly and get exposed to all departments. KRT is a great place for people who are self motivated to forge their own path.

Cons

As a small company growing quickly there are some growing pains. The on boarding process is constantly improving but it is easy for new hires to feel like they have gotten a little lost in the process.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the business as the team continues to grow and ensure you are acknowledging that everyones contribution matters. Don't let employees feel like they are slipping through the cracks.

Mar 25, 2017 – HR Representative

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. You’re correct that, as a growing company, we need to continue to work hard to ensure that we have a high-touch on-boarding process along with making certain... More

"Great people and lots of opportunity"

I worked at KRT Marketing full-time

Pros

KRT is a great place for employees who are team players and have a willingness to learn. Since it is a small company, you must wear multiple hats to help cover all of the necessary requests that come in from the clients. This really breeds growth through touching multiple parts of each campaign. They also have a vast book of business, so there is much experience to be had in different industries. The employees that work at KRT are extremely intelligent and forward thinkers. It is a company full of people who are constantly pushing the boundaries and trying to make their mark on the industry. There is also a very family-oriented company culture. There are lots of company events that are fun, and they certainly work hard and play hard.

Cons

KRT has a large book of business while maintaining its small company vibe. Sometimes the volume of work can feel overwhelming.

Mar 25, 2017 – HR Representative

We're glad to hear you had such a positive experience working at KRT. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

"So glad to be part of the team."

Pros

KRT Marketing is truly a unique working environment. A smaller company with big name clients and leading-edge technology/performance. One of the most outstanding things about the agency is the team makeup and family atmosphere. Management seems dedicated to fostering an inclusive work environment and provides every opportunity for people to contribute an virtually every level.

Cons

Expectations are high -- not only from clients, but from within, which can make the work intense from time-to-time. Fortunately, management works hard to make sure that there's also time for play and plenty of personal recognition along the way.

Advice to Management

Don't change your approach to client relations and setting the bar high. I've learned so much more during my time here than I ever expected.

Mar 8, 2016 – HR Representative

Thanks for recognizing that we do set high expectations for for ourselves. It's what has allowed the team (both collectively and individually) to rise above our competition and maintain our... More