KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

KVH Industries

Engaged Employer

KVH Industries

Add a Review

KVH Industries Employee Reviews about "kvh"

Updated Aug 19, 2021

Found 12 of over 90 reviews

3.8
KVH Industries Interim Chief Executive Officer Brent Bruun
Brent Bruun
1 Rating

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "People here are great and really want to see KVH grow.(in 15 reviews)
  • "The company creates a culture of collaboration by providing ways to get people together, monthly company lunch and Friday social hour.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Great challenging work environment decent pay(in 3 reviews)
  • "Space, technology, innovation, customer and employee experience initiatives, all in a compact, nimble global company.(in 3 reviews)
  • "The CEO is cordial(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "kvh"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great Company

Aug 19, 2021 - Senior Manager in Middletown, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management has best interest of employees. Great place to work Great Colleagues Location Competitive Salary Traveling is a nice per

Cons

Long hours at times. Overall, I have no cons and enjoy working for KVH. I have put in many years and feel like I have helped the company grow.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Jun 29, 2020 - Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

KVH is constantly innovating its products and service offerings and pushing the technological boundaries in its core areas.

Cons

KVH sometimes tackle one too many projects at once overloading the resources.

3. 5.0

Associate

Oct 17, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

KVH is a great company for so many reasons. I am always learning and working in new projects. Folks here are super smart, creative and live what they do! KVH really does value their employees. Managers want you to be successful. It is a very collaborative environment. Everyone works really hard but there is work life balance. People stay here for a while. Comp and benefits are competitive. Just over all a great place to work.

Cons

None that I can think of

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Top employer in the North East offering challenging, exciting, and meaningful work!

Oct 12, 2019 - Marketing Manager in Middletown, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working within the marketing department at KVH has been an engaging and career-enhancing opportunity. I can honestly say that I enjoy coming into work each day and collaborating with smart colleagues in a challenging, healthy, and dynamic work environment. It’s fulfilling to know that our products and the work we do make a difference in the lives of our customers. As a global industry leader, our satellite products, internet service, sensors, and inertial systems help power safer and productive operations for the maritime and defense industry. They also improve the qualify of life and boost morale for global seafarers. KVH products continue to evolve and expand and offer employees endless opportunities to learn and grow. Management is encouraging, considerate, and supportive of a healthy work-life balance. The benefits and employee perks at KVH are very generous. In addition to the wonderful health and 401k offerings, employees enjoy weekly Friday happy hours and monthly catered lunches. Our offices are clean and modern, and I enjoy the ergonomic sit-stand desks.

Cons

No defined work from home opportunities

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovation, creativity, execution - really great company to work for

May 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about KVH is working with the incredibly smart people here. Employee's innovative ideas and creative solutions are highly valued. KVH is an industry leader and a successful public company - yet, this place really retains both the feel of a startup, as well as its origins as a family-oriented company.

Cons

A few growing pains as the company has expanded globally. Sometimes we try to do more than we can execute, but management has been much more focused the past few years.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovation that enables a mobile world!

Feb 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

KVH is an innovative technology company providing solutions in global satellite communications, navigation, and stabilization systems, for commercial and military application, as well as subscription services for charting, weather, news, and entertainment, for seafarers moving goods across the Earth's oceans. How cool is that? Space, technology, innovation, customer and employee experience initiatives, all in a compact, nimble global company. If you love playing on the water, KVH is surrounded by the ocean, with beautiful beaches, historic Newport, and the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd largest cities in New England a short drive away. Despite being global in size, KVH has a very "family" feel to it. Life-work balance, and community involvement make KVH a great place to work.

Cons

Battling for talent with other tech companies can be a challenge. Rhode Island has not traditionally been recognized as a "technology" state, like Massachusetts or California, but Rhode Island was named the 16th most innovative state in the nation in 2016. Considering the size of the state, R.I. is punching well above its weight class in innovation.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Paving the way

Aug 4, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is an engineering company at its roots. They design solutions. They're pioneering technologies for companies that, in many cases, didn't yet realize this level of connectivity and management was possible for vessels.

Cons

In many cases, what KVH is building is not only proprietary, but it's a first in market. Because there isn't a lot of previous applications to base new solutions on, you have to be ready to find unknown unknowns.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company to work for!!

Apr 17, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with KVH for close to 15 years and enjoy my job just as much today as in the beginning. KVH takes care of the employees making sure they have the tools required to do the job and keeping up with technology. KVH has expanded over the last few years and is now Global and yet continues to hold the family oriented feel. There are many perks also; monthly luncheons, summer picnics, christmas parties, etc.

Cons

This can often be a very fast paced environment which can be a bit stressful at times.

9. 5.0

Awesome

Dec 3, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

KVH Industries is a great company to work for I have been an employee with the company for well over 10 years and I have been very happy here and hope to continue on with company as long as possible. The company it's self has done very well and continues to do so today with so many innovative idea's and technology the skies the limit! Kvh also care's a great deal about their products, customer satisfaction, as well as their employees and why I believe the company has been so successful. As for the Kits van Heyningens Heyningen's family they have worked very hard to achieve their goals and accomplishments to get where they are today, yet they are always very generous not only to their employees but to the community as well. That says a lot in it's self.

Cons

I have no cons to mention at this time.

10. 5.0

I love working at KVH

Nov 19, 2013 - Executive Assistant in Middletown, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

KVH has a very friendly and approachable company culture. The people at KVH are warm, hardworking and intelligent. The company does a lot to give back to its employees and to the community. The very low turn-over rate says a lot about what it's like to be part of the KVH family. Furthermore, the company is doing really well and working on some very exciting projects so there's plenty of room to grow and challenge yourself.

Cons

The free beer at happy hour is rarely imported.

1 person found this review helpful