KaVo Kerr Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 9, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Daniel E. Even

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They actually think about work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Great people hard working plenty of opportunities great (in 8 reviews)

1. "Sales Director"

Former Employee - Sales Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at KaVo Kerr Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong pay and plenty of time off

Cons

Management does not value job experience as much as it should. They place much more emphasis on your college education versus job experience

Advice to Management

At least give equal weight to job experience as you do college.

2. "Kavo Sales Manager"

I have been working at KaVo Kerr Group full-time

Pros

Great product, great work life balance

Cons

unstable work environment, constantly cutting pay, constantly degrading product quality

Advice to Management

pay your sales people

"Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at KaVo Kerr Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nothing great about Kerr. The culture is ancient and awful. The pay is below average. The hours are average. I would say the only thing good about it would be that they are consistent and stable.

Cons

Management is nice but completely useless if I'm being honest. They had actually never done inside sales or sell medical devices before they were hired. (They were brought on well before me) I always found it really strange that they were hired as managers considering they had no actual experience with the position or the industry. The pay is basically a capped commission. I actually brought up pay one time to my manager and she said they were competitive and tried to tell me to look up inside sales salaries to prove it. It actually proved the total opposite lol. You're almost just doing telemarketing. Horrendous sales tracking. Folks gamed the system constantly. The bonuses are small and the hourly is nothing to write home about. Absolutely no room to grow in the company from inside sales. If you are a complacent person who just wants to stay put, get uncompetitive but stable pay, and be a part of boring culture you might be ok with it. But if you want a fun culture were hard works pays off, financially and advancement, you really shouldn't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Become competitive with your pay. It's low. Accept it. Hence the mass departure. It wouldnt hurt actually knowing the day to day of your employees as well. Considering you have no training on the industry or the products, I don't event think advice would be relevant in this situation.

4. "DEXIS has alot of work to do"

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at KaVo Kerr Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Pay, flexible with remote working.

Cons

DEXIS has been neglected for several years. Leadership is doing their best to address it, but its an uphill battle and one that requires significant investment more than what is being done today.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with your team about what the plans are for the next generation products.

5. "Technical Support"

I have been working at KaVo Kerr Group full-time

Pros

Great people, challenging work and lots of opportunities to learn.

Cons

Depressing atmosphere, terrible decision making by upper management.

Advice to Management

Wake up and realize you're ruining the company and you will lose customers just because you want to move Support to another location.

6. "The sky the limit... for the right person"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at KaVo Kerr Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Driven by change and innovation. Your supervisor will be willing to train you into his/her successor so that he/she can level up. Pay well compared to market trend. This place will train and groom you into a star if later you decide to move on into other companies.

Cons

Aggressive and can be a cut-throat environment. Company culture does not support Work-life-balance.

Advice to Management

Now that I know how the company is led, I am confident in investing in DHR stocks.

"Territory Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at KaVo Kerr Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good insurance... decent 401k match. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Comiclly terrible business and leadership team. Completely clueless about what is going on in the field, in the customer service dempartment, manufaturing, shipping, litterly no part of the company is connected or coherant.

Company has zero ethics when it comes to product quality. They have bought premium brands and stripped down maunfaturing to increase margins. As a result everything they sell is low quality. Its a nightmare to deal with in the field.

Interal power struggle. Currently Equipment is battle against consumables. Both side are falling apart. Its an unstable atmosphere.

Everyone is trying to climb the latter. But it goes no where.

Advice to Management

Actually care about the product you are putting out there. Focus your energy on your customers. Not your distributors. Customers tell distribution what they want. Good products drive the market growth.

OR sell these brands off. You are not worthy.

8. "Business Development Rep"

Current Employee - BDR
    Current Employee - BDR

I have been working at KaVo Kerr Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Managment, treats there employees really well

Cons

Leads are terrible, upper level management has poor communication with lower level

9. "Chemist"

I worked at KaVo Kerr Group full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for and the management was amazing

Cons

Small Company not much room for growth

Advice to Management

None

10. "Tough company for mid and low level employees. Great for senior management."

Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Orange, CA

I worked at KaVo Kerr Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Danaher business system works. Drives results quarter after quarter. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Work/life balance only applies for front office roles. Anything related to the actual manufacturing of product works the same hours as the factory level employees. Especially month and QTR end. It wasn't uncommon to see salary level managers in the warehouse helping pack boxes at month end. This was not only expected but encouraged regardless of the effect on their workload.

With so much focus on results and the trend over time - there is little to no acknowledgement of when something is done well. All the focus is on what can we do better without any gratitude for those (especially floor level) employees that get the work done.

Long hours with few resources are expected for any roles that actually make and ship the product.

Turnover was high during my time there. Lots of unhappy people in mid level operations roles that were not getting the big bonuses as senior management and not getting the massive overtime pay as shop level employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees more. The surveys done were not taken seriously. Do some actual coaching and find out what the employee is good/not good at. Don't try to force employees to do something that does not fit their personality and natural strengths. Regardless of how well DBS works - turnover will continue if they don't do better in retaining talent.