Cover image for Kabam

Kabam

Engaged Employer

Kabam

Add a Review

Kabam Employee Reviews about "snacks and drinks"

Updated Oct 26, 2020

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 314 of over 314 reviews
4.0
73% Recommend to a Friend
70% Approve of CEO

Found 24 of over 314 reviews

4.0
Kabam CEO Seungwon Lee (no image)
Seungwon Lee

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kabam and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "snacks and drinks"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fair enough

Apr 28, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Is a fast paced work environment. It is not for everyone, If you do not understand the start up mentality of getting there as fast as you can, so you are ahead of the vault then this is definitely not for you. It is a great company to work for. I think they expect you to do your homework and understand the company's goals and where would you feet in all that. After all it is personal responsibility to get informed. I am very happy here, the management certainly understands all this and I see no reason why I shouldn't. I Speak for myself when I say you need to be competitive, and if you are not then you need to work for a government agency dude. I love all the perks (free lunch, cappuccino bar, bear on top, awesome snacks, ping pong tables, garage band, x-box, couches to lay in etc.), It's a fun place if you can adapt to that. I work hard, but I also play hard!

Cons

Bit of pressure,. Politically wise as long as you are there to deliver a job and not a speech your are fine. Every company I worked for has politics, you just pick what kind suits you or learn to ignore it. Unfortunately is the nature of the teams that makes things look unfair from the outside, but we have excellent motivators and team leaders at least mine is. I don't know how much of that is luck or common sense.

Continue reading
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Great company for share holders, terrible for employees.

Jul 9, 2015 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Working from home * Free food, drinks and snacks * Good benefits

Cons

* Low salary * Awful on-boarding process. I was never even introduced to the team, so they had no idea why I was there. * Poor cross-team communication. * You will be asked to write a glassdoor review on your first week (while still in honeymoon phase) because everyone who leaves hates it there or was laid off to increase margins for shareholders. * Leadership has no idea what to do so there are reorgs every 6-12 months, with rounds of layoffs every time.

Kabam Response

Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for the feedback, specifically on improving the Kabam on-boarding experience. Integrating into a new team can be the most challenging part of accepting a new position, so we will take this advice to heart. In addition, I would like to make one correction to your information surrounding our request for employees to leave a Glassdoor review "in your first week." The request for a review in your first week only pertains to a review of your INTERVIEW experience, NOT a review of the company. No one is asked to review the company until at least 3 months. In all cases, we encourage employees to be honest and truly wish to receive feedback, positive or negative, that can help us improve. Therefore, despite the negative feedback, I want to thank you again for your candor and for helping us improve our current practices and culture.

3. Join the Kabam team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0

Product

Oct 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks, food, medical and dental benefits

Cons

Kabam likes to promote incompetent managers who have no management skills. Please send these "managers" to training sessions where they can learn about protecting their employees' private information such as family situation, salary, etc. General Managers should be professional and avoid favoritism at work. If you are here to make friends and want to ostracize good employees, then you shouldn't be a GM.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Kabam is a blast

May 29, 2013 - Marketing Artist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's great to work at a place where people are really invested in gaming and committed to pushing their games to the next level. The Working environment is filled with an abundance of snacks and goodies and the atmosphere is that of a fast paced team oriented work space.

Cons

I am only working as a Contractor and wished their was a position opened in my department to allow in more talent.

Continue reading
  6. 4.0
    Former Intern, more than 1 year

Great place to intern

Apr 6, 2015 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food and lots of snacks Great people and mentors Management was very nice and cared about employees LOTS of fun intern events (six flags, Giants game, many others)

Cons

Their games are good but not very innovative

Kabam Response

Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

So glad you were part of our intern program and had a wonderful experience. In response to the "Cons" section, I am curious to learn what you mean by "innovative." The mobile industry is constantly reinventing itself because of new hardware and software innovation, and a business model that is finding its footing within an industry that has been stuck in the "pay first" rather than "play first" mentality. Now that Free-to-play has exploded in the US and EU, there is a lot to explore and room to improve. Kabam's Marvel Contest of Champions is a good example of successfully innovating on a classic "arcade fighting" game by bringing together hybrid elements of RPG and Strategy genre games (like character skills, leveling, and a social alliance structure). This is combined with beautiful art and smooth animation. What do you feel is the next innovative step that can be taken within mobile gaming?

7. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jan 14, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, culture, and benefits! It's a great place to work! They provide a flexible working atmosphere and great benefits. In addition to health benefits, they provide a daily catered lunch, dinner if you're working late, kitchens stocked with tons of snacks and drinks, on-site massages, a gym, game room, dry cleaning, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others. They really take care of their employees!

Cons

Work/Life balance can be challenging to maintain at times and corporate communication can use some improvement. Things change quickly and often, which can be challenging if you're not used to that type of work environment.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

LOVE working for Kabam

Jul 28, 2014 - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency from the top down (I have full trust in and confidence of our Upper Management team) Excellent career development (they give you the resources to expand your reach within the organization) Laid back (but passionate) work place We're spoiled (free lunches, dinners, snacks, gaming, trips etc etc etc)

Cons

Cohesiveness between offices (it's sometimes difficult to connect with employees in other locations. Would be great to foster collaboration between national and international offices)

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0

Lack of Direction

Sep 27, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Perks: -Free Lunch / Dinner -Free drinks / snacks -Company trips

Cons

-Management team lack of direction -Favoritism -No career growth -Over hire and then let dead weight stay

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Motion Graphic Designer

Jul 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, have lunch provide, have catering for dinner, free drink and snacks

Cons

Lack of money at UA, Get referral to get in, horrible HR resources, lack of communication from upper management

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great while it lasts

Apr 15, 2016 -  in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great lunch and snacks and game room

Cons

mediocre management and company morale

Viewing 1 - 24 of 24 English Reviews