Kadel's Auto Body Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "employee"

Pros

great team atmosphere, great benefits and great facility and equipment.

Cons

not to many cons, high demand

Advice to Management

listen to employees ideas

2. "Great family company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Kadel's Auto Body (More than a year)

Pros

If you work hard you ate rewarded

Cons

Business was sold to Kadels last year

3. "kadels- low wages for long hours, overtime, and hard manual labor"

Pros

you get alot of overtime. thats not saying much tho when you're only making 10/hr

Cons

same as pros. you work long hours and theyre never static, you only go home when everyones finished and they say you can. 11 hour days common.

4. "body man"

Pros

fair amount of work at the shops.

Cons

Every thing is push push push through with some impossible cycle time requirements

"Poor upper management no regard for employees concerns."

Pros

There is no pros for working here.

Cons

Took away dental coverage, no raises, laid off employees and work you twice as hard. No overtime, expressed concerns to HR and nothing happened. Outsourced Ap and IT and let long term employees go. Nowhere to advance in company.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Braden. He has no compassion for employees.Upper management could careless about employees.

Kadel's Auto Body Response

Jun 24, 2014 – Recruiter

In 2008, sales dropped significantly and the world economy was in disarray. In response to the economic challenges, Kadel's and many other companies reduced benefits, froze wages, capped overtime... More

"A growing company with friendly/playful co-workers."

I have been working at Kadel's Auto Body full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in the Corporate Services center, so I've had the opportunity to interact with most of the upper level management and they've been open and available to me. They seem to be working diligently to keep the company running smoothly and in a positive direction. I've seen a large number of people promoted from within the company, too. It's a good place to be if you're creative because there's a culture of openness to new ideas.

Cons

There are no windows in my building.

Advice to Management

The HR manager is a visionary. He is always available and has a well-developed leadership theory and practice.

7. "A grind"

Pros

The pay is good and most of the time co-workers are too.

Cons

Management doesn't care about any sort of work/life balance.

"There is a strong need to provide professional development and courtesy training to supervisors."

Former Employee - Customer Care in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Tigard, OR

I worked at Kadel's Auto Body full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company paid health insurance for the employee only, not dependents.

Cons

When you walk in on a Monday, the long-term employees say, "Four more days." When I was hired, I was so happy to have a job! And that the company paid my health insurance was such a bonus to me. However, it didn't take long to discover that those who had worked there , especially the long-term employees, were so downtrodden and were already wanting the week to be over. And as stated, I was very happy to have my position in the Customer Care department. Which, by the way, is not customer care, it's the insurance assignment department. My supervisor has been an employee for 11 years so one would think there would be some management training, leadership training, social skills training and at the very least, common courtesy development during that time, especially since employees stream through that position.

In my third month, I discovered my supervisor had emailed my two co-workers and told them not to answer any of my questions, I was stunned.

Due to allergies/sinus infection, this supervisor sent me home before even starting work for the day (I am always early to work) and I was not eligible for sick time yet so there goes a day's pay for my head being stopped up. The next week, this supervisor had to go out of town and had emailed my two co-workers authorizing them for overtime. So knowing my paycheck would be short, the supervisor denied me this opportunity to work overtime, which not only affected me financially, it meant I was not able to help my co-workers complete the assignments for the day. Let me add, I have no dependents, my co-workers have spouses and children and they did not want the overtime.

Advice to Management

Some employees felt the Pres/CEO knew about this behavior, some stated they he didn't know. However, the first floor employees stated this was well known by them and I want to tell the President, "Shame on you" for allowing this, or for being so disconnected that this type of behavior exists in your corporate office. This is the largest autobody chain in the Pacific Northwest, 18 shops now and adding more in the new year. When I was hired, I was told there had been no employee raises in 7 years. My view on the company-paid health insurance was that it was equal to perhaps $3 an hour, the cost of the benefit, and I could live with that. Mr. Pres/CEO, how much is enough? There are plenty of funds for acquiring new locations, in and out of the state of Oregon, yet no raises for 7 years?

Provide some level of professional development training. When I hear my supervisor say, "You welcome" instead of "You're welcome" I cringe, and also "I have went..." But what can you say for someone who has been there for 11 years and such poor grammar is overlooked.

Kadel's Auto Body Response

Dec 23, 2013 – Human Resources Manager

I apologize that your employment experience at Kadel’s Auto Body did not meet your expectations. We have an open door policy and employees are encouraged to bring items of concern to their... More