Kahiki Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Martin Kelly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing Company"

I have been working at Kahiki Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay for Skills for hourly teammates, free lunch on fridays, training and development at all levels, english & spanish courses courses, continuous improvement program, lots of local partnerships, great company values, good new hire experience, good work/life balance, monthly awards, kahiki bucks and company store,

Cons

Lots of growth means some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with teammate communications and training & development opportunities

2. "Malama (formerly the Trail Boss)"

I have been working at Kahiki Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kahiki is a wonderful place to work and is comprised of compassionate and supportive people. The company culture supports the values of Do the Right Thing, Be Excellent and Play As A Team. There is opportunity to advance, a great work/life balance and benefits that stretch far past healthcare and 401k.

Cons

Kahiki Foods is growing - fast. You have to be flexible and adaptable to thrive here. Fortunately, most of the employees are.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your teammates on the production floor. They are the ones who see the process on a daily basis and can help take the company from good to GREAT!

3. "A great & fun company to work for"

I worked at Kahiki Foods full-time

Pros

casual atmosphere, the BEST hourly workforce, diverse, employees that genuinely care about the business, fun, awesome game room, great parent company, the company does the right thing and genuinely cares about its employees, the president is top notch.

Cons

stressful environment for middle management, a bit unorganized at times but getting better

Advice to Management

Dive more into middle management issues, a lot of times they are not heard or passed up the ladder. It will make the company stronger in the long run.

Nov 12, 2015 – Marketer

Thank you so much for this constructive feedback. The Hoko team is developing a system to capture ideas generated by middle management. We are determined to create an environment where issues... More

4. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Great company to work for.. The people care about you and they are making it a wonderful place to work. Great Products..

Cons

The frozen food business is seasonal and therefore the demand for sales is low during the summer months.

Advice to Management

Keep the postitve changes happening

5. "Manager"

I have been working at Kahiki Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has historically been a pretty "average" place to work, but efforts are underway to make it a more fun, interesting, and open place, and those efforts are making a difference. Dress codes are being relaxed, we have more interaction with all levels of the organization, there are social events, etc. Communication can always be better, but things are definitely improving in that regard. Marketplace competition is tough, but the company seems to have a good strategy and it seems like we are starting to make some progress in the market.

Cons

There is some seasonality to the business, which makes things very hectic in some time periods, and pretty slow in others. Managing the seasonality is a challenge. While most people seem to be on board with the direction the leadership team is taking the company, some folks have not bought in yet, or dont fit the values that are part of that direction. That creates some tension and dysfunction.

Advice to Management

With the people who are not on board with the rest of the team, either get those folks on board, or get them out. Your life and my life is to short too deal with a handful of people who really dont want to be in the company, and be part of where it is going.

Aug 14, 2015 – Marketer

Thank you for your advice to management, believe us, we hear you loud and clear and we agree with what you are saying. Because we are in a period of strategic transformation, it is only fair to give... More

6. "Business casual at its finest - built on trust in employees"

I have been working at Kahiki Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'd say job satisfaction is roughly 75% determined by coworkers. Kahikians are a fantastic group of people. My supervisor is always there for me supporting me on (almost) any projects I want to do. If you have the initiative to make improvements, Kahikians will support you every step of the way.

The team is very laid back. We wear jeans to work. Sometimes I take my laptop outside and work on the patio. Other times I'll work on some couches in the office. Flex-time is a great perk as well. If you value family time, this is your ideal place to work. It's not unusual for someone to leave early to make it to their kid's sports game. Kahikians have high standards, but not at the expense of work/life balance. Oh, and the weekly employee lunches cooked from scratch? Fantastic!

Cons

There has been a high turnover in leadership in a short period of time. Our brand and identity has suffered because of it. However, we seem to be on a good, steady track now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work finding our identity and staying disciplined to numbers.

Nov 12, 2015 – Marketer

We appreciate your feedback. Turnover at the top level has created some turmoil, but we are glad you now see steady leadership. We have clear goals on where we want to go, and we will continue to... More

7. "Great potential, but very disappointing to work here"

I have been working at Kahiki Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good product, dedicated people and decent salary

Cons

Lack of communication, no clear goals and direction. Lack of leadership.

Advice to Management

Bring in a strong leader. Give clear direction to the team and focus on PM and GMP

Aug 14, 2015 – Marketer

Hi Kahikian! Now that we have a new president, will you please re-evaluate this review and revise it if you like our new direction? Thanks!!!

8. "As an intern, I am paid well and receive valuable training and feedback."

Current Employee - P/Marketing Intern in Gahanna, OH
    Current Employee - P/Marketing Intern in Gahanna, OH

Pros

Great work environment and competitive wages

Cons

Management is often too busy to communicate