Kahn Lucas Reviews | Glassdoor

Dor Sela

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Marketing"

I worked at Kahn Lucas full-time

Pros

There was always constant change and opportunity to work on multiple projects at once. Upper management wants you to succeed in projects you are interested in.

I worked at KL for over 2 years and gained so much experience in the fashion industry. It's a company where you will wear many hats --- which I personally enjoyed. You can see what your interests are and where you want to succeed in your career.

The CEO walks around the office and checks in on employees. He always came up with new exciting ideas and projects that I enjoyed being a part of.

-Summer Fridays
    -Work/Life Balance

Cons

I can honestly say I have no cons. I've learned so much from this company and met such innovative people in the industry. They really allowed me to grow within.

The only reason I left was for a job closer to home.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees. Give those who truly deserve a raise.

2. "Anonymous"

I have been working at Kahn Lucas full-time

Pros

People. The people here are great, very close knit group. Family atmosphere.

Cons

Low pay. Unrealistic workload put on the employees. Don't incentive the employees.

Advice to Management

Can't keep piling on work existing workload without and further compensation without having people walk out the door.

3. "average company"

Pros

great location, good office space.

Cons

low salaries. some people can be not so nice.

4. "The company with a hallow crystal heart... pretty on the inside vacant within"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Kahn Lucas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have had the opportunity to have many talented people working for them, to keep in contact with with they leave .

Cons

Inability to see the big picture, fake care for those who work there and led by a self righteous megalomaniac with no patience or vision.

Advice to Management

Actually look at the business model ...and follow it .. and take a look at why the place truly is a revolving door .. a lot of the time your problem is yourself

5. "Typical"

Former Employee - Associate Art Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Art Director in New York, NY

I worked at Kahn Lucas (More than a year)

Pros

Enthusiastic and always looking for new opportunities in a industry that is not doing well.

Upper management is great. Very upbeat and positive

Cons

It's fashion company whose business is largely based on department stores and we all know how department stores are doing

6. "Sales"

I worked at Kahn Lucas full-time

Pros

A great place to start a career, lots of opportunities to learn and grow. It's somewhere where you can truly learn the industry and get a "hands-on" feel of all departments.

Cons

People are completely over-worked. When people leave their work gets put on you and you are never compensated for it. The company is trying to move into a new branch of retail, but struggles to maintain it's core values and current business at the same time.

Advice to Management

Stop stretching people so thin. You are losing valuable employees because you pawn too much work onto remaining employees.

"Just don't."

Former Employee - Product in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product in New York, NY

I worked at Kahn Lucas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code, a few wonderful coworkers that will weather the KLL storm with you. Ok Salary, but only when you first get hired. Make sure you hi-ball your salary because you'll never see a raise!

Cons

Famous for the BAIT AND SWITCH, will give you a promotion with no raise, ask you to work late nights and weekends with no compensation, will make you feel bad when you can't work 12 days in a row.
    Upper management is HORRIBLE, CEO doesn't exactly know what he's doing, VPs and Directors are constantly at war, management will smile to your face and immediately talk about you behind your back.
    NO CONSISTENCY, in my time there(less than a year), my desk moved three times, my boss changed 4 times and my responsibilities changed about once a month.
    NO CONFIDENTIALITY in HR.
    Favoritism to employees that have been there a long time, even though they are down right NASTY. Seems like, the dumber you are, the more you will flourish at KLL.

Advice to Management

Howard, you need to take a serious look at your upper management. They are the direct reason you have lost so many talented, hard working employees.

8. "Innovation & creativity are key to thriving here - lots of new projects on the horizon, never a dull moment!"

Former Employee - Fashion Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Fashion Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Kahn Lucas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to substantially grow throughout my time here. If you are willing to go above and beyond, it won't go unnoticed.

Cons

Abundant workload, inefficient processes. When it comes to responsibilities the lines are often blurred and more work falls onto some departments than necessary.

Advice to Management

Have a vision - don't try to be everything for everyone.

9. "Kahn Lucas"

Former Employee - Production Artist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Production Artist in New York, NY

I worked at Kahn Lucas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are very nice to work with.

Cons

The duration of your employment there may not last very long because of cost cutting.

10. "Assistant"

Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Kahn Lucas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company CEO and HR had an open door policy, they were in the process of making changes that supported an open, direct path of communication from any and all employees. The company CEO held meetings and roundtables that fostered an environment of transparency in corporate information, with the intention of making everyone feel included. If you ignored the war-like environment amongst the individual employees then you could plainly see that a LOT of people were really, really great, hardworking people. Particularly the ones in production who had been there for many, many years, who seemed comfortable in their skin and in their functions, and thus less uptight and negatively affected by the overall dysfunction.

Cons

The company culture amongst the employees is one that is steeped in dysfunction, fear, malice, ill intention, and back biting. My own immediate supervisor worked against me for fear that I was making him "look like he wasn't working hard". My cost-cutting suggestions were ignored for support of an antiquated, good ol' boy system (had I even attempted to create a spreadsheet to compare the costs of the past 12 months to the savings that we could have saved over the next 12 months had we made one small change my supervisor would have shut me down for fear of being outshone). My supervisor seemed to feel competitive with me so he undermined my efforts. There was no cohesiveness between the departments for no good reason, seemed to be a bunch of egos who all decided that it was in their best interest to work against one another rather than with one another. The company had a long-standing interdepartmental "Us against Them" culture WAY before I got there, and in my first two weeks there my supervisor was not shy about gossiping and acting like a school-girl in conveying who not to trust and who is "disgusting", etc. In fact, he was very adept in conveying that the environment is toxic from the very beginning, not even remotely trying to mask or hide this fact, or contribute in trying to be better or above it. Many people there seemed expressly unhappy, which affected their department as a whole, which in turn affected they way their department interacted with the rest of the company. People seriously came off like they hated one another, with name calling and the whole nine yards. It was generally an ugly situation on any given day. A war zone.

Advice to Management

I would not even know where to start, as it's so, ridiculously toxic at Kahn Lucas. So many of the people are really, really great people, but are stressed and emotionally broken down from coming into a literal war zone everyday.