Kahn Lucas Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dor Sela

1. "Kahn Lucas Review"

I have been working at Kahn Lucas full-time

Pros

Great Owner and CEO. Upper management holds great leaders who are very easy to speak to and always have their door open.

Cons

The industry itself is having a tough time, so it can be hard on the business.

2. "100+ year Old Fashion Company & a New tech start-up Under one roof"

Former Employee - Ecommerce Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ecommerce Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Kahn Lucas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kahn Lucas was an inclusive and transparent place to work. Managers and leadership have an open door to talk. High level leadership are invested and present from the CEO to the owner. I was there for a new brand launch and seeing people from all different departments invested and pulling for the same goal makes going to work seem worth it.

Cons

It's a tough time to be in the apparel space and major players are all hurting. Fast fashion is most likely the cause.

Advice to Management

Fashion and toys for girls is great but it only opens your market to half the space. Why not try to make boys fashion and/or toys?

"Too many chiefs not enough Indians"

Pros

Dress down and flexibly hours. Has the right address in the fashion district.

Cons

Never ending moving of the goal posts. Top level leadership is changing the goals and plans every few weeks. Too afraid of failure to stick to a plan.

Advice to Management

Find out what you want this company to be and then stick to it.

Jan 16, 2017 – VP HR

We are sorry to receive such a feedback. In fact, we certainly recognize that the amount of changes in the last years can be overwhelming. In reality, the company is changing in many aspects with a ... More

"Design"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Kahn Lucas full-time

Pros

The owner and the CEO have an open door policy and unlike many companies they really mean it. This is a company that's been around for 125 years but is now thinking and acting like a start up company. Thriving on innovation, creativity and Kahnalytics. It's fast paced and fun with opportunity around every corner.

Cons

This company is 125 years old. I know I said that was a pro but because of that there are still some people here very stuck in their ways trying to stay comfortable and not wanting to rock the boat to find a better solution.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive innovation and push the bar. Those that are fighting it need to be shown how to change.

6. "KLL"

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Mountville, PA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Mountville, PA

I worked at Kahn Lucas (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hours are flexible
    Dress and work place is causal

Cons

Information about the company is secretive
    Managers can be difficult to work with
    Low Moral

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees

Dec 20, 2016 – VP HR

Thank you for your honest and open review. Communication is key to any successful relationship. We recognize the need for better communication and have rolled out a company- wide training program ... More

"Not a pretty picture"

Pros

Other then having a job, it's challenging finding anything positive to say about this company. People you work with are generally very nice, but the intense pressure to do more with less on a constant basis, make the environment almost too difficult to handle.

Cons

CEO has delusions of grandeur, often comparing himself to Steve Jobs. People working there are often given other duties and responsibilities which have nothing to do with your original job description. Systems are old and antiquated. People are so squeezed together because of lack of working space.

Advice to Management

CEO really doesn't care about his employees - Grew up with the proverbial Silver Spoon. Has not practical job experience nor social skills. I would advise him first to appreciate his employees - All of them, not just the sales people.

Dec 20, 2016 – VP HR

Doing more with less is what most businesses are faced with today. In an industry that is constantly changing, we must be lean and agile to stay ahead of the competition. By allowing our associates ... More

8. "Great start for me"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Kahn Lucas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great place to work for. It was a

Cons

I wish they were more organized.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Things are not what they used to be...."

Pros

I would only recommend this company for employment as a means to establish oneself in the business and nothing more; get a head start to add reference for resume but then move on.

Cons

Each department follows their own protocol. There are no unified systems or protocol. Or rather, there is written protocol, but no one really follows it. There is no training. Once you are hired you are pretty much on your own. One also never knows when they will be obsolete. There is no value placed on expertise and seasoned professionals and there has been an ongoing campaign to do away with the senior employees to bring in new blood.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, all of them, not just the sales department. Everyone contributes in their own way to the betterment or lack thereof, including senior management. If you are going to cut back,start from the top,not from the ones that put blood, sweat and tears and are highly productive. Stop thinking about the bottom line so much and bring back the family environment that KL was once known for.

Dec 20, 2016 – VP HR

Kahn Lucas has been affected by the movement within the apparel industry like many other companies. As we navigate this transition, there are changes that need to happen. Some people are less ... More

"Wasted years of my life with this company"

I worked at Kahn Lucas full-time

Pros

We were able to wear jeans and t-shirts to work. Dress code was casual. They were lenient and provided flexible hours. Can't think of anything else.

Cons

Managers and CFO were not approachable. CFO is stuck up and cheap. No growth within the company unless if you work in the sales dept. Hostile and stressful environment. They don't appreciate their good, hardworking employees. They show favoritism to certain employees. They were not able to give a raise this year due to little profit, but strange how the people who were already making the big bucks received a raise. They also overwork their employees.

Advice to Management

Care about your staff. It won't hurt if you showed your employees some kind of appreciation

11. "Winning is the best..."

I have been working at Kahn Lucas full-time

Pros

The new leadership team is truly inspiring here. I have no doubts this little family-owned business will soon dominate in numerous categories across both apparel and toys. It's a place where everyone has "permission to win." Politics are nominal compared to other places I've been. Everyone is really committed to the cause.

Cons

Long hours, high expectations, occasionally stratospheric stress.

Advice to Management

Sometimes less is more.