Kahuna "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Kahuna Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Nov 1, 2016

4.4
Kahuna CEO Sameer Patel
Sameer Patel
Pros
  • "We just moved to the new office in the downtown Redwood City and next to the Caltrain station(in 7 reviews)

• "I recommend Kahuna for the experience of a lifetime to feel what it's like to work for a truly Silicon Valley startup(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing rapidly and there have been some growing pains with implementing new process, checks and balances, new management, etc(in 5 reviews)

• "Commuting to Palo Alto for anyone that lives in San Francisco can be less than amazing(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"One of the best company I have worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Kahuna full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong leadership, work with smart people, fast Pace, exciting industry, collaborative team environment and great culture. We just moved to the new office in the downtown Redwood City and next to the Caltrain station. Easy access to the transportation and convenient for folks to commute from San Francisco or San Jose.

Cons

Growing pain like any all startups. Depends on your functional team, you might need to manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time. However, if you are like me looking for new challenges and want to make meaningful impacts. You will love it and even addict it.

Kahuna2016-11-02
  2. "Coming back fast"

I have been working at Kahuna full-time for more than a year

Pros

Visionary CEO, new offices, compelling product vision, dedicated engineering team, determined customer success team, hungry and growing marketing and sales teams, and culturally diverse!

Cons

Competitive market space, growing pains, limited resources, tough commute from the city, still overcoming morale and retention challenges from organizational turmoil earlier this year.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on immediate goals. Take one step at a time. Slow and steady wins the race. Stay in the trenches with your teams.

Kahuna2016-10-30

"Sales Development"

I have been working at Kahuna full-time

Pros

After working at Kahuna for nearly a month, I can honestly say this place is the real deal. Never in my life, corporate or otherwise, have I seen a group of people so dedicated to the success of a team. Our executive team members are the best and brightest in their respective fields. Their guidance has led to a world-class team with a world-class solution. And we are just getting started. Pros: Outstanding... leadership Great product Opportunities for advancement Opportunities to wear many hats NO limitations

Cons

As of writing this review, I have not found any downside to working for Kahuna. We are a startup with the occasional growing pain, but that's what makes it fun.

Advice to Management

Stay hungry, stay humble, and keep empowering us. There is a reason every person here is ready and willing to follow you all into battle.

Kahuna2015-08-14

"Rewarding and equally challenging"

I have been working at Kahuna full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kahuna is an extraordinary company. In the time I have been with Kahuna, I have grown and progressed more professionally and personally than in my previous career combined. I have been pushed, stretched, challenged, received recognition and rewarded. Management is invested in my success. I've been able to take on projects outside my general expertise, do things I've never done before, and continue to learn every... week. There is opportunity for advancement and growth within the company. It can be very stressful at times. However, with a flexible time-off policy, you can always take a day off here and there to keep balance. Working for Kahuna is unlike any other job! It's remarkable.

Cons

As with any startup, things can get very stressful. Each person has multiple responsibilities which can get overwhelming. Communication across departments can be challenging. The company is growing rapidly and there have been some growing pains with implementing new process, checks and balances, new management, etc.

Advice to Management

Communication is the biggest challenge. There have been several situations when there wasn't enough information or guidance provided to the job sufficiently, yet I am expected to do the job 100%. Expectations aren't met, and things get challenging. It would be helpful to have clear expectations and deadlines for projects, inputs, etc. There have been times when things were said, but actions were different. Keep... things consistent. There have been issues with slight gender inequality in the workplace. Some women are getting paid less than men for doing the same job. Pay should be based on performance and achievements. I know management is working to correct this, but it is still a small issue.

Kahuna2015-08-17

"Run fast with the pack"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Kahuna full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I love running. And I'm allowed to and supported to do it. - We're still small and can pivot around changes quickly. Build. Validate. Push. No need for massive meetings. - Super supportive team. I've never worked with better leadership that help give me exposure, support my projects, and help remove obstacles. My teammates are also amazing and great people to keep my energy up regularly.

Cons

- Just so much to do. I could sprint for months here and still not feel like I'm done. (But I love it.) - We're small and growing fast. Growing pains are expected.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and help us continue to attract top talent!

Kahuna2015-04-10