Kalahari Resorts and Conventions Front Desk Agent Reviews | Glassdoor

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions Front Desk Agent Reviews

Updated Dec 18, 2019

3.1
Kalahari Resorts and Conventions Owner and President Todd Nelson  (no image)
Todd Nelson
  1. "Great job for a new experience filled with fun"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Mount Pocono, PA

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions full-time for more than a year

Pros

They were very flexible when it comes to schedules. They also have a Benny Bucks program, which you earn randomly and can use it to get discounts or free things. I had a great time and made friends with co workers along the way.

Cons

There is a food center, however it costs money. You have to buy a $20 or $30 lunch card. I wish there were more benefits to the job but I still enjoyed the experience.

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2019-12-18
  2. "Eh"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent

I have been working at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions full-time

Pros

Fun coworkers -- at least some of them.

Cons

Long hours Terrible training Low pay

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2019-12-06

"Front desk"

Front Desk Agent in Mount Pocono, PA

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions for more than a year

Pros

Not much positivity except that it is a job and all the other agents up to supervisor level are awesome though

Cons

Management , no growth opportunity ( though they say there is endless but never does anything with it.) but then when people try to transfer to different dept they won’t allow you by giving you an empty promos on moving up and then never follows through. Pay is terrible on associate and supervisor level for what you have to go through and deal with. You are just a figure there they do not care about the employees (mgmnt)

Advice to Management

Get new management because the management there is a joke and does not belong in a management position. Very unprofessional. my last month at least 12 people ( and that’s being generous)left voluntarily because of the management there including myself.

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2017-10-22

"Good starting job but not the best job"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Sandusky, OH

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions full-time for less than a year

Pros

They employ a lot of people and there is a lot of opportunities to advance your career if you choose to. You can get a lot of hours and it is a beautiful place.

Cons

A lot of my coworkers were immature which made the job less enjoyable. I like the company and the management but did not like who I worked alongside.

Advice to Management

Communication could always be improved and the uniforms for the people at the front desk are hideous.

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2017-09-08
  5. "Front Desk - Something new (occasionally), Something old (mostly)"

Front Desk Agent in Sandusky, OH

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions

Pros

Whenever there's an issue with a guest, one of the Supervisors/Managers definitely has your back. They're easy to get along with and receive help from, same with co-workers. The hourly wages increase after specific milestones, the training process is effective, there's a close-knit and friendly front desk employee culture, and interacting with various kinds of people (employees and guests) occasionally presents something new. There are discounts on food, beverage, merchandise, day passes, and room rates for employees, and sometimes family members/friends. Sometimes food is provided on a busy day of the week. Lastly, there are opportunities for commission in addition to hourly wages.

Cons

Takes a while for Supervisors/Managers to see faulty workers and how they negatively affect the frontline staff because they spend much time in the back and behind the scenes. The check-in/outs and busy work to fill down time is quite monotonous. The breaks are quite an issue, one reason why it made it hard to want to continue.

Advice to Management

Please give better breaks, or time more time to snack in between rushes of people!

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2016-09-24

"Mediocre and Poor"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Sandusky, OH

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions part-time for less than a year

Pros

discounts on hotel rooms and free food sometimes

Cons

forced to stand all shift except on lunch breaks

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2015-02-13