Kalahari Resorts and Conventions Lifeguard Reviews | Glassdoor

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions Lifeguard Reviews

Updated Nov 11, 2019

2.3
Kalahari Resorts and Conventions Owner and President Todd Nelson  (no image)
Todd Nelson
  1. "Kalahari"

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits you can get in this job are awesome

Cons

Really can’t say much job is really cool and always warm inside no matter the whether

Advice to Management

Have to be more up on the lifeguards

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2019-06-04

"Management needs to respect others"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Wisc Dells, WI

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You meet a lot of people from all over!

Cons

Two managers taking jokes too far and being extremely rude and disrespectful.

Advice to Management

If your managers or leadership don't respect employees, why would anyone want to work there.

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2019-11-12

"Good"

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's an easy job to get and keep

Cons

You're treated as if you're disposable

Advice to Management

We're humans (mostly teens), not names on a spreadsheet

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2019-05-07
  4. "It was good"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Wisc Dells, WI

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions part-time for less than a year

Pros

People, food, wage, plays, restaurants

Cons

Nothing, only the weather in the winter

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2019-02-28
  5. "It was ok"

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions part-time for less than a year

Pros

My co workers were great. Most of the guest were nice and sometimes made your day.

Cons

The managers at Kalahari were very annoying and micromanaged us around. They abused there power. In my opinion they shouldn’t care if I’m leaving against the slide or not. They should be paying more attention to the guests. With the poor working conditions we go through we should get at least a free meal. We could easily walk down the road to great wolf lodge if they keep treating us like this. It’s ready hard enough to find people who want to drive all the way to kalahari, that People shouldn’t get fired because they forgot to take their earnings out.

Advice to Management

One free meal to your under paid staff won’t hurt you

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2018-08-07

"Waterpark Staff"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Pocono Manor, PA

I worked at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Entertaining environment/setting, great coworkers, great owner who runs the business with his family. Guests are fun, occasionally rude but for the most part some will make your day. Management has some great leaders such as the director, some also not so great and I believe need to be weeded out.

Cons

Management is very incoherent, not on the same level as one another , and treats you as if you are a robot. Promotes within but only given to people with pure favoritism and not within good work ethics and hard work. Seen so many unfair promotions within years of working there

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who works hard and try to keep personal relationships away when it comes to forming a team. Great company great environment but plenty of dissatisfied staff and guests. Pizza occasionally doesn’t make a team bond!! Although appreciated! Connect and care and be compassionate towards your TEAM!! Not “associates.” Considering there are many jobs like this one in the area and a ton of competition people don’t care on leaving! Seen many people come and leave a week later and we always are understaffed almost year round due to the poor work conditions. I believe once that is set it would be a greater place to be employed at.

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2018-05-17

"Lifeguard"

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Defiance, OH

I have been working at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Alright pay, meet new people, discounts

Cons

Managers play favorites and it is annoying, boring job

Advice to Management

Pay better for your terrible service

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2018-01-27
  8. "Good job for inbetween jobs"

Current Employee - Deep Water Lifeguard in Mount Pocono, PA

I have been working at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kalahari has a fairly substantial compensation network regarding their employees and anything work related that could cause injury, and they don't hassle either, which was a plus for me. They also care about their employees at times, but I he bigger they become, the harder it becomes for them to maintain this relationship with their employees as well. Ive have been working at Kalahari 10 months now, at their newest addition in the Pocono Mountains. They take pride in their resort, but many managers like to micromanage, which causes a lot of issues with many workers as well. I have worked here while in school, and they work very well with your schedule and are flexible with hours.

Cons

Alright, now the downsides. Kalahari managers love to micromanage their employees. Some enjoy it, but I prefer to have the trust of my supervisor that I will be doing an exceptional job, and not have them constantly making small critiques that have no affect on my work. Also, do not work in the water park either. My job is a lifeguard at Kalahari, and while I do enjoy the job itself, and chlorine, obnoxious guests, and inexperienced managers make the job unbearable in some departments such as the water park. Also, the owner of Kalahari, Todd Nelson, is very meticulous with the resort, and it isn't unheard of for employees to be fired directly from him because of small insignificant infractions such as have a piercing in on stand at the water park or not having your visor on when you're outside. Also, there is no employee cafe or free lunch served to us, to be prepared to bring money for your breaks. Overall, Kalahari is a great place to work at if you're looking for a job to hold you over for the short haul. If you are looking for a more stable career, I would not suggest Kalahari for employment.

Advice to Management

Give more responsibility to the supervisors and other lead figures in departments, and allow the employees to have free meals. For having overcharged food flying off the shelves, you won't to bankrupt for giving the employees one free meal.

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2016-03-08
  9. "working"

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Wisconsin Dells, WI

Pros

Great staff at times, and you get to meet people all over the world.

Cons

Some days can be a drag. Sometimes you have to be put in uncomfortable situations with guests.

Kalahari Resorts and Conventions2014-09-11