Kaleida Health Reviews in Buffalo, NY | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kaleida Health President and CEO Jody L. Lomeo
Jody L. Lomeo

Pros
  • Pay is good, security, benefits, ceo cares, depending on hospital you have a good team at others there is no team (in 8 reviews)

• Great benefits & paid time off, coworkers are great (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Revenue is down causing less hours for employees, lack of communication between departments, and try to cut costs in other areas (in 4 reviews)

• Employee are short of Staff, a which cause the work environment to be stressful (in 5 reviews)

1. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Director in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall mission is excellent. Good compensation package.

Cons

Weak in communicating status of individual projects as they pertain to the overall strategy. Limited IT department holding back progress.

Advice to Management

Set your budget and stick to it.

2. "Great Job if you have zero initiative"

Former Employee - Middle Management in Williamsville, NY
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Williamsville, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation is ok as are benefits. I wasn't a nurse and I think that maybe a different picture than what I portray below - but everyone I know who's been there and gone have been much happier after they've moved on, so take that for whatever it's worth.

Cons

If you're a go getter who asks a lot of questions and wants to get things done, you'll hate it here! Where I worked upper management seemed afraid of smart, innovative people who wanted to be more efficient and cost effective. In the rare cases where feedback and opinions were asked for, while they'd often acknowledge a great idea you'd never be allowed to follow through on it. On a few occasions I did see where truly YEARS later changes were finally implemented but the person who's idea it was originally never got any credit or acknowledgement ...

Other than management that were too afraid of bright staff there were also LOTS of staff who were constantly playing the CYA game - this seemed to be ingrained for long tenured employees (15-20 yrs +) because my observation was that if they were good at their job it wasn't like someone else was eyeing it, yet many of the administrative staff acted as if everyone was after their job. Where I worked staff were super territorial and not welcoming in the least of new staff or ideas ... really just a depressing work environment that I'm glad to be rid of

Advice to Management

trust your staff, and if you don't then hire smarter people that you can trust.. Also, office communication from management is the worst I've ever seen ... good luck with that one - everyone's too dishonest with their employees and co-workers for that to ever get any better.

"Home care Occupational Therapist"

Former Employee - Home Care Occupational Therapist in Williamsville, NY
    Former Employee - Home Care Occupational Therapist in Williamsville, NY

Pros

Great benefits and pay, supportive co-workers

Cons

Fast paced, micro managers, and have to purchase basic equipment out of pocket to use in practice with patients. No recognition from mangement when I retired.

Advice to Management

Allow your professionals to do their jobs without so much micro management

"Kaleida Health"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic PTO (paid time). Stability for most employees.

Cons

Lack of trust between staff and leadership. Too much time and money spent on projects that don't complete.

Advice to Management

Ask employees for more input. Recognize employees who do the hard work, instead of just bonuses for management who may not have contributed 1/4 of the efforts of the employee(s).

"Great people, unsure of corporate vision"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent projects to work on, extremely fast paced, wonderful group of people, decent benefits, adding more structure

Cons

Many employees let go when there is already limited resources, shared resources = overworked employees. Unclear of corporate vision regarding this and in general thus adding to depressing internal culture. Adding a lot more structure - both pro/con

Advice to Management

More visibility goes both ways. Employees are the most valuable resource to your company only second to the patient.

"KH"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good paid time off or (PTO)

Cons

No communication and there are trust issues. Quick to reorganize or layoff without thought of repercussions.

Advice to Management

Courses on trust will not make individuals or management trustworthy. Trust must be earned and trust is also a reflection on how you treat your employees.

8. "Pca"

Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant in North Tonawanda, NY
    Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant in North Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on what floor and what facility they are well staffed. Good communication between staff and management. Good medical benefits for families.

Cons

Depending on what floor and what facility they aren't staffed according to grid. For the type of work pay should be more. Nurses sometimes avoid helping

9. "Owner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is a friendly place where employees are welcomed and valued.

Cons

Do not start a company that devalue staff importance

Advice to Management

Build a company is a friendly place where employees are welcomed and valued.

"Good experience but wanted more"

Former Employee - Administrative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I gaineded experience I very much appreciated.

Cons

I wish the organization had a program in place that would better allow for utilization of in-house talent allowing for retention of valued employees. Talented employees should have the opportunity to grow and obtain new positions. Also, due to this being a union environment, some union rules applied to non-union employees. The problem with this is that not all union rules apply to non-union employees and this creates a confusing environment. For instance there was a seniority rule for union employees which assisted senior employees in obtaining new positions. This seniority rule was not available to non-union employees. They did however use discipline procedures that were union based. This creates and environment for non-union employees that is confusing and unfair.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Do not apply union rules to non-union employees. Be fair.

11. "Great unionized facilities with great pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Radiological Technologist in Cheektowaga, NY
    Current Employee - Radiological Technologist in Cheektowaga, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dedicated staff, unionized, large hospital system, competitive, great pay and benefits. Large hospital system with decent job security and somewhere you can work your entire life.

Cons

Is the market for healthcare in the area so always being scrutinized, staffing is sometimes an issue, high turn over of management

Advice to Management

Keep working with the unions. They are your frontline