Kaleidoscope Animations Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Awesome Company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Kaleidoscope Animations as an intern

Pros

Great design company with fast pace environment

Cons

Mainly focus on medical device and healthcare industry

2. "Beware: Kaleidoscope "Accounting Internship" is BOGUS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very little positive to say. Owner seems to be preparing to sell business to medical device maker.

Cons

The Accounting internship currently being advertised is bogus. Kaleidoscope is an engineering and design company. They are in no way, shape, or form, an accounting firm. Their admin is leaving and they are looking for cheap help this summer with mundane office tasks and basic scut work. If you are an accounting student, please look for an internship via your school/academic adviser. Kaleidoscope no longer has a CPA on staff and has not for quite some time.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to inexperienced young students about what you can offer them. You are qualified only to offer internships in engineering and industrial design.

3. "Good team, poor leadership"

I worked at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time

Pros

The people are great and see success in spite of leadership woes.

Cons

The CEO only cares about money, treats people they are expendable.

4. "Revolving Door"

I worked at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Junior talent has access to significant responsibility.

Cons

Poorly run, owners incompetent. Senior leaders are hired, spend a short time and leave.

5. "You get out what you put into it"

I worked at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It can be a great place for the right person, those with entrepreneurial spirits will do well here, provided your personal goals and ambitions are in alignment with current company objectives. People starting out or early in their careers tend to do the best from my experience, with rapid growth and opportunities to be challenged and empowered. Find a mentor here, or two, and you'll learn a lot.

Cons

The company seems to be focused towards a solid vision of being a leader in the medical innovation and design space, however there are often multiple visions competing for focus, and therefore limiting breakout growth. This can be frustrating, however is not necessarily a con, just something to be aware of going in. Kaleidoscope is like a family, and their growth tends to be slower, and priorities shift every 24-36 months based on what they have learned and the opportunities presenting themselves. Adapting to this evolving focus is the key to being happy here.

Advice to Management

Nothing sticks out, I learned a lot here. I would say, keep building champions!

6. "Brief Review"

Pros

Very open environment, friendly atmosphere, fast-paced, engineering-focused, diverse array of work and people

Cons

People all seemed to be from the same area and have the same interests - hard not being from Cincinnati

7. "Opportunities to learn and grow."

I have been working at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time

Pros

Working in the central office in Cincinnati gives you great access to so many different kinds of creative people. Design, Engineering, Research, Development, and even the Project managers! Everyone is fun to work with. There are many different kinds of projects so if you get bored it's your own fault.
    Partly because of its size, and mostly because of the way the place is managed, you can make this job what you want of it. "Entrepreneurial atmosphere" is often a phrase just tossed around, but here it is lived.
    Oh, and Cincinnati is an excellent location for me. Big enough to be exciting, small enough to not get lost.
    Views from the 11th floor downtown is a Pro too.

Cons

A small/mid company trying to grow quickly can lead to interesting problems so communication is more key than usual.
    If you don't like an open office environment, it could be a con. It works well here though.

Advice to Management

Explain decision and thoughts as if you're talking to non-managment co-workers.

8. "Love this place!"

Current Employee - Team Member in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Team Member in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kaleidoscope is great. Love the people, the work, the customers. Great entrepreneurial spirit and drive for innovation. Team enviornment.

Cons

Just like any other company I have worked for - working on communcation gaps would really help Kaleidoscope improve. However we've made efforts to improve with a monthly all company meeting, newlsetter, etc. Just something to keep on the radar.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of creative and fun way to reward the team, it's very appreciated. We love the summer hours and TeamScope events!

9. "Great work and great people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kaleidoscope is a product design and innovation company. As such, we have had a hand in some of the most important product innovations of our times including the Tide Pod, Swiffer WetJet redesign, and multiple game-changing medical product development projects. The work is top notch. The people are highly creative, friendly and super-smart.

Cons

The company has 80 people, so the organization is "flat." That means that if you like titles there's not a lot of room for titles, etc. That could be a pro though too. It is easy to get things done when the organization is flat. If you like a start-up feel this will work for you. If you are used to a large corporate environment, this will probably not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great strategic work.

10. "Great place to work! Real innovation and design leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kaleidoscope Animations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have had our hand in some of the most important innovations of the decade including the Tide Pod, the Swiffer WetJet redesign and numerous medical product advancements.

Cons

With only 80 people there is not a lot of room for title growth if you are looking for new titles.

Advice to Management

Great place to work!