Kane's Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Irwin Novack

Pros
  • Work hard and limitless income, great co-workers, great training program, and paid training, furniture is nice, and inexpensive (in 4 reviews)

• Nice people, mostly but have to watch your back (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Third world , third grade educated dreck is what pollutes the sales floor (in 4 reviews)

• High turnover, very competitive and aggressive, (in 3 reviews)

1. "It's like a family"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing upper management
    Benefits
    2 Shifts
    Paid training
    Many payment options
    And finally just a good spirited place to work

Cons

No part time positions

Advice to Management

Stay awesome!

2. "sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ocoee, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ocoee, FL

I worked at Kane's Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

nice people to work will

Cons

commision low - mgmt doesn't back you.

3. "Need more people"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Pinellas Park, FL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Pinellas Park, FL

I worked at Kane's Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours people pay break end of shift

Cons

Working on Sundays
    Management
    Lack of directon
    Hostility towards employee
    Terrible ceo

Advice to Management

Rotation of Shifts on the weekend

"Sales Rep @ Kane's"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kane's Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid training, Easy computer system, customers are mostly friendly, (some of) management can be very two-faced AKA feeding sales to only certain sales reps. The Vendors are usually very helpful.

Cons

Flooded sales floor, hard to make quotas when there's 22 sales reps per shift, which lead to sales reps being shady and stealing customers/sales from other reps, management could use to team building skills, meeting aren't motivational in any way, 4% as the starting commission is barely a living.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many sales reps so that way your team can actually make money without having to screw each other over.

6. "So far it's been good."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really give the customer a good deal with their sales. They stand behind their product. Start out salary is decent.

Cons

To sum it up it's basically like using an iPhone 1 when the model out now is the 7, I understand it takes a lot
    Of money to grow certain aspects of the business, but you have to do it. It's a well oiled machine, but sooner or later it'll break down. Do the maintenance now. If the benefits aren't going to get any better than the pay structure should be more appealing.

Advice to Management

This is advice more to corporate, midnight sales we all can deal with, even though nobody comes in after 9, and maybe in some locations 10. Your not missing any business not being open after 9. And to not revamp our holiday schedules is a little silly, Black Friday we should open an hour before rooms to go, they do all that advertisement saying when they open , we need to feed off of that. Rewrites and copy orders shouldn't justify staying open 24 hours. People give up their time, the CEO needs to fight more to provide better health insurance, and offer 401k. You guys I'm sure realize your going to be hiring people that are younger, they look for those
    Benefits, how is it affordable to pay 900$ a month on health insurance and it really not be all that great? To much paper trail, invest in a better program, receiving a truck of goods from the warehouse to the store is like reading a short novel, simplify and update computers and have phones that can actually dial out. These things that you look past really
    Bring moral
    Down.

"This company has tons of potential if right people were at the top."

Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredibly solid company. They aren't growing but they aren't failing. As an employee you get out of it what you put into it. Great people to work with.

Cons

The CEO really lacks a vision to grow the company. They are happy doing the same things they did 10 or 20 years ago. Company is run by accountants so not very employee friendly. Benefits are terrible, profit sharing is a joke, no 401k and benefits sky rocketed this year.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to evolve into today's world. The CEO should have less involvement in the day to day operations and look at the bigger picture. Why are employees leaving, why do we generally only get applicants that are at the end of a career or have no experience. The no experience folks get opportunities here, grow and then leave to places that were originally out of reach due to no experience where they get better benefits, etc. The end of career folks just can't keep up where they are so they wind up here and we have such staffing issues we accept and just let them do what they do. Answer is our company culture is widely known amongst the industry here I'm florida and is not a good one. Most people are hanging on in hopes the CEO retires.

8. "It's good if you're willing to work hard"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL

Pros

They have a HUGE variety of furniture styles. It's 1 of the largest furniture stores I've ever been to. The money is GREAT if you're willing to work hard. They really try to help their customers with any issues that come up. The hours are somewhat flexible. Overall I love my job and ALL of the people I work with including management.

Cons

You have to work nights, every weekend and holidays. You get paid 100% commission. The company takes money out of the salespeople's paychecks if any mistakes are made, they also take your commission and keep it if your customer lies to you and tells you that they have the keys and are ready for delivery and they're not and will charge your customer a 20% restocking fee and an additional $119.99 for delivery. The company does not pay you for your time for meetings, training seminars or vendor fairs that are mandatory and they don't pay for your gas to get there either. They also automatically take 1/2 hour out of every shift you work for lunch or dinner even if you don't take a break and that goes towards your vacation hours.

Advice to Management

The management could try to build up their employees and be more positive toward the end of the meetings so when salespeople hit the floor to start their day they're going in with a positive attitude. I understand that they need to hold staff accountable for actions and poor performance but we should start the meeting with the things that need to be worked on or discuss those issues 1:1 with employees and end on a positive note. Overall they're good people doing their job to the best of their ability.

9. "Sales Associte"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training, easy interview process.

Cons

I think they hire just about anyone. High turnover, very competitive and aggressive,

Advice to Management

Increase commission. The scale is not realistsic.

10. "Delivery driver"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kane's Furniture (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits..good package for family insurance..good discount deals..trucks are easy to drive ..automatic..some 6 speed manual..

Cons

Dont treat employees fair,favortism

Advice to Management

Need to pay attention to employees

11. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Vice President, Human Resources in Cape Coral, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President, Human Resources in Cape Coral, FL

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Has focus on developing leadership and having these skills move throughout the organization. Great step in moving in the company in the right direction.

Cons

No Cons; disappointed that Glassdoor forces an answer of no less than a 20 word minimum in the Cons when nothing material is worth noting - seems a bit premeditated to get negative answers.