Kantar Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 339 reviews

3.2
Kantar Media CEO Andy Brown
Andy Brown
  1. "Operation Training Supervisor"

Former Employee - Operations Training Supervisor in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Kantar Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent work environment. I really loved the mangament team. They are working hard to make great stride to improve the live and quality of work environment for the associate's.

Cons

Some internal management training needed to be added at that time. The deadlines were tough but understandable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You are a great team and the office and associate's tenure is a result.

Kantar Media2015-11-13

"Kantar Media Research"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Kantar Media full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company, lovely people, relaxed work environment, wonderful benefits, flexible hours. We had nice clients for the most part who genuinely wanted our help and were happy to have us help.

Cons

I worked there for 8+ years and got one raise only because I begged, even though my reviews consist exceeded expectations. I never once received a cost of living raise and neither did anyone else. I got exactly one bonus. The clients, in general, seem to think that making sure Battery Company A getting .2% more exposure to Men ages 18-49 during Sports Center, is on par with curing cancer or defusing a bomb in a... daycare center in terms of how important their job is in the scheme of the world.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they deserve and reward performance then you would probably attract better new hires, as well as retain the talent that you currently have working for you.

Kantar Media2015-11-10
  3. "Great Opportunity until you hit the ceiling"

I have been working at Kantar Media full-time

Pros

Global, smart people everywhere, part of WPP with lots of perks

Cons

Horrible at rewarding talent, siloed, grows through acquisition which leaves business units with ill-placed products and services to sell.

Advice to Management

Start rewarding key talent or they will leave.

Kantar Media2015-11-23
  4. "Chesapeake Operations"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Kantar Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work if you are hourly and need work-life balance. Lots of flexibility and a big benefit package. Lots of fun at work place.

Cons

Supervisors are overworked and underpaid. They are not making Hampton Roads minimums. If you are a VP or an hourly employee life is great.

Advice to Management

Improve work-life experience for supervisory/management staff.

Kantar Media2015-08-12

"Lack of communication causes rifts."

Former Employee - Image Importer in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Kantar Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flex time and pto are two benefits of working here. They do have fun and a handful of events during the year.

Cons

Issues are mentioned and there is never a resolution. It feels taking anything to HR is pointless. The company as a whole has so many gaps in communication between departments things get done 2-3 times over. There are little raise opportunities

Advice to Management

Have a sturdier support system and an HR the employees actually will go to and look up to. Fix communication gaps.

Kantar Media2015-07-01

"Interesting, out of the ordinary type of industry. They expect more out of you than your salary reflects."

Operations Supervisor in West Chester, PA

I worked at Kantar Media

Pros

Best job for Entry level or college student. Flex start times and decent paid time off.

Cons

Very little upper mobility opportunities. Weak wages. Disorganized upper management with some simply not qualified.

Advice to Management

Improve Communication & wages.

Kantar Media2015-05-05
  7. "analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Kantar Media full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits provided with a good focus on work life balance. The work can be monotonous but the environment is structured to alleviate that.

Cons

The monotony of the work along with the feeling that issues just aren't ever resolved. Not much to complain about.

Kantar Media2015-04-10

"Coder"

in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Kantar Media for less than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers (to your face)

Cons

Too many immature and deceitful people. They pay low and say it is made up in benefits. A pool table and 2 ping pong tables and a small cafeteria that is overheated and crowded. These are not real benefits, especially if they insurance is not needed. In that case you are paid low and no benefits. There is an Aramark Provisions on Demand but then food is spoiled even though it is "fresh". Their idea of diversity is... great when it comes to different cultures. However, these cultures need to be submissive. No questions or seen as aggressive or too confconfrontationnal.

Advice to Management

Revamp your supervisors and not "restructure" your hourly workers. Pay better, at least enough to live on. Hold supervisors accountable for their bad examples and untruths.

Kantar Media2015-04-22
  9. "unorganized"

Inside Sales Representative in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at Kantar Media

Pros

Great training, good helpful staff, close knit family atmosphere, a lot of office comradory.

Cons

Things fall through cracks very easily

Advice to Management

Button up operations

Kantar Media2015-02-18

"A Mess"

I have been working at Kantar Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can be a decent name on a resume that is recognizable when interviewing with media or research agencies. 19 days PTO, MLK and President's day are both considered paid holidays.

Cons

Financially, the company is not doing so well. Many of the companies that make up Kantar Media are not profitable and that brings down those who do make a profit as well. Hiring freezes, very mediocre raises (which almost weren't given at all in 2014), and the HR shared services is an absolute nightmare, which I learned the hard way several times when preparing for, during, and after my maternity leave - a time when... I really did not need additional stress, especially from work. Departments have been "streamlined" or "restructured:, which means that everyone in that department gets laid off and they perform a mass new hire in the Chicago suburbs to create a new department that serves all Kantar locations. Three different departments have been "restructured" in the last 18 months, so who knows which department is next.

Advice to Management

Rethink which departments you are "streamlining". Its not always worth the financial savings to ruin the employee experience and to instill an atmosphere of layoffs and fear across the board.

Kantar Media2015-02-09