Kantar Reviews

Updated May 15, 2021

3.4
Pros
  • "Positive work environment and flexibility(in 191 reviews)

• "Great training ground in matters market research(in 137 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working hours should be checked(in 156 reviews)

• "No work life balance with lot of work(in 125 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Featured Divisions of Kantar

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kantar and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company to work for!!

May 8, 2021 - Client Lead in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kantar has invested in me. They are innovating and leading the industry. I have a manger who cares about my future. This company will go far given its strong performance, clients live Kantar and we have lots of opportunities to learn.

Cons

Honestly not anything big. There are peak periods but we all have those.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work for a year or two out of college, then get out

Apr 25, 2021 - Director, Client Leadership in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to work autonomously, flexible working schedule/location freedom; good opportunities for newcomer to the industry to learn; lots of smart people

Cons

You will be overworked and likely underpaid; leadership in the West is similar to high school politics (you've got the "in" crowd, the "out" crowd); company doesn't value their smartest analysts; lack of opportunity to work on different solutions - you will do the same thing over and over again; no formal training currently in place - so its sink or swim; people are dropping like flies due to the resourcing issues - leadership literally can't hire people fast enough to replace the ones that are leaving.

7 people found this review helpful

Kantar Response

Our management and leadership team have access to regular training, and we encourage everyone to take time out of their day for personal development and learning. We promote a culture of continuous learning and encourage our employees to seek out opportunities to flourish and grow. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, your feedback is important for us so we can learn from your experiences. We will share your feedback with our HR team in San Fancisco for their individual attention.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best in the Industry

May 6, 2021 - Client Leader in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is no better company to learn from. I have learned about ad agencies, media agencies nd then how companies like Unilever use this data and how Kantar helps grow brands. Plus the people are awesome! Smart, nice and super supportive!

Cons

Not much I can think of. There are busy periods, but we all have those.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Trying to Improve, Mixed Success

May 9, 2021 - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

the brand strategy team is great, one of the best at Kantar, really trying to improve culture, raised salaries. etc.

Cons

Project assignments are not well handled, no choice in what projects you are assigned to, leads to really inconsistent work/life balance

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Kantar

May 3, 2021 - Research Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent atmosphere Amazing training management is friendly and helpful

Cons

Problems with distributing work load

Kantar Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of working at Kantar, we appreciate your feedback! Thank you for your contribution to Kantar, we hope to work with you again in the future.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

No Balance, Over-Worked, and Micro-Managed

Apr 22, 2021 - Research Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I see none except if you enjoy 100% remote as the only option (no one works with the camera on so bonus if you like that)

Cons

Sexist, helicopter and micromanaging supervisors. I left a few months ago due to intense work hours of 70-80 hours per week. There is absolutely no balance, no culture, no redeeming qualities. The pay is deplorable and there is no room for growth. Take this job if you are desperate but do not mention the fact that you have kids, a spouse or are taking care of a family member as it will be used against you. My former supervisor would message me on Teams if I didn't respond to emails after 15 minutes!!!

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Current Employee

Not recommended

May 10, 2021 - Senior Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not so good salary for beginners

Cons

If you love work life balance, Kantar is not good for you

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

I learnt a lot

Apr 10, 2021 - Epidemiology Intern in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay was good enough for a student intern. My supervisor was flexible. I acquired a lot of Epidemiology skills that got me ready for the job market. Getting interviews and finding a job was easier.

Cons

None that I can think of.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

They use you just enough to outsource your job

Apr 30, 2021 - Coder in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work was remote and hours were flexible

Cons

Your job is temporary despite what you are told. I was brought on to effectively bridge a gap with them outsourcing all of us to India. They love to double your responsibilities often too.

Kantar Response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, your feedback is important for us so we can learn from your experiences. We will share your feedback with our HR team in Los Angeles for their individual attention.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to work

Apr 20, 2021 - Senior Data Design Specialist in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

culture, autonomy, professional development, independence

Cons

flexible time off, siloed communication between departments

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,758 Reviews