Kantar Worldpanel Reviews | Glassdoor

Kantar Worldpanel Managing Director Tim Kidd
Tim Kidd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • senior management won't make har decisions (in 12 reviews)

• Location is Hanger Lane, so easy enough to get to from London but not very much going on (in 10 reviews)

1. "Category Analyst"

Former Employee - Category Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Category Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great support and training, collaborative and global environment, great tools at hand, you develop a real expertise in an industry

Cons

Can be overly bureaucratic, takes a long time to get promoted

Advice to Management

Value your entry level employees

2. "Decent Place to Work"

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was never too busy; co-workers were friendly; the New York office is nice and in a great location (Madison Sq Park); good quantitative experience; WPP Group is reputable in the industry

Cons

Management is somewhat management; lack of vision; not too much room for promotion / no clear exit strategy; I had no idea how I was doing/ what people thought of my work; WPP is a massive conglomerate and it's easy to get lost / fail to cooperate with other groups under the WPP umbrella

3. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (US - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

4. "Great place to work with fantastic people!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A successful business that celebrates and recognizes individual and collective achievements. Open and trusting working environment. Strong graduate development program. Lots of development opportunities (and ways to change the direction of your career) and a good pace of progression available. Global opportunities.

Cons

Location (but compensated for by much more fun interior than exterior!).

Advice to Management

Listen to everyone and act on feedback.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Operations Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operations Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time

Pros

Good culture, family focused, flexible and a successful leadership team who try their best to put people first.

Cons

Salaries may be lower than other places but the culture and other benefits make up for the slightly lower salary. Many people come back once they realise that it is a good place to work. Location is not great but office itself is nice.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the good stuff and keep investing in people and salaries.

6. "Luvvly Jubbly"

Current Employee - Client Manager in Westgate, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Westgate, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tim the MD - his people passion cascades through the business. Really successful organisation. Fast progression. Great client base

Cons

Stamp out the occasional misdemeanors

Advice to Management

Keep kicking butt...keep being true to your values....Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

7. "Client Service Graduate"

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time

Pros

Good training opportunities, and the people are great.

Cons

Continual change of people coming into the company and leaving the company

8. "Great people and thriving business"

Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company that genuinely strives to put people engagement at the heart of it's business.
    A strong record of commercial success
    Great portfolio of clients and opportunities to work with them directly from an early stage in your career

Cons

Hanger lane location - convenient but not very inspiring (office is good once inside)

9. "People company who genuinely want to make your life happy here."

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Actively encouraged to progress, mix, challenge and just get involved.

Cons

Personally never found many to be honest - Location not the best but don't let that put off.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening and learning. . .

10. "Great place especially as first job"

Current Employee - Consumer Insight Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consumer Insight Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time

Pros

Always learning something new, loads of interesting and bright people, fun socials, great career and progression opportunities, quality training, interesting work, lots of support to help you develop and learn.

Cons

Location is Hanger Lane, so easy enough to get to from London but not very much going on. Also the training for external joiners needs to improve.

Advice to Management

Make progression model more transparent (e.g. share what the salary bands are at different levels, give rough idea of average length of time for progression to next level beyond grad scheme) - it's actually pretty good but people don't know this.

11. "A Company that Cares"

Current Employee - Analyst in Ealing, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Ealing, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, they really care about me as an employee - everything from making sure my workload is sensible for both my level and the hours (9-5:30) to being committed to my personal development. There's no pressure from above management to stay beyond specified hours, though people are willing to put in time when necessary - it provides a good work/life balance!
    They get you up and running very quickly - a couple of weeks training with all the other analysts in the team, then into a real project with coaching from another, more senior analyst. There is a standard system in place for graduate joiners where for the first three years you are assessed at the end of each year for promotion. Clear progression, plenty of opportunity for learning new skills (since arriving I have learned SAS, SQL, VBA as well as softer consultative skills of how to turn data into a story for a client - they make sure the analysts have plenty of opportunity to create useful output and slides from the data we process)
    The team is relatively social - agile seating in our team area means you're usually sitting with different people in the team every day, there are trips to the local pub as well as the occasional team social.
    The office is nice enough - recently refurbished, with kitchen facilities (microwave, coffee machine, fridge) and hot drinks provided

Cons

Being part of a larger company, which in turn is part of a behemoth company means that decisions made at upper levels of the business don't always benefit the employees so much as the bottom line. Thankfully the immediate business (Kantar Worldpanel) is left to be relatively autonomous, so there isn't too much of this, but where it does come in is in my biggest gripe with the company - we are primarily a data processing company, so why can't we afford decent computing power? The laptops we use are medium level, but often old, recycled from previous employees who have left - there is a clear business case to update them, but the level at which we'd have to pitch it is way above where they'll listen to a "small" team like ours. Our team's boss does a reasonable job of fighting for that sort of stuff for us, but there's only so much he can do against the might of WPP.

The other major negative is being out of the city in Hanger Lane - it's at least a half hour commute out of central london (though a number of people live notting hill gate/shepherd's bush/ealing), but there's little to do in the immediate area - few resataraunts, few shops - this is not the bustle and nice offices of central london

Advice to Management

Continue to fight for us at higher levels - we know the immediate company cares, but levels above that don't seem to, and we need our corner fought for