Kantar Worldpanel Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kantar Worldpanel Managing Director Tim Kidd
Tim Kidd

Pros
Cons
  • senior management won't make har decisions (in 12 reviews)

• How quickly you can get promoted varies massively by team, as does the work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

1. "Category Analyst"

Former Employee - Category Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Category Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great support and training, collaborative and global environment, great tools at hand, you develop a real expertise in an industry

Cons

Can be overly bureaucratic, takes a long time to get promoted

Advice to Management

Value your entry level employees

2. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (US - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

3. "Great people and thriving business"

Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company that genuinely strives to put people engagement at the heart of it's business.
    A strong record of commercial success
    Great portfolio of clients and opportunities to work with them directly from an early stage in your career

Cons

Hanger lane location - convenient but not very inspiring (office is good once inside)

4. "Great place especially as first job"

Current Employee - Consumer Insight Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consumer Insight Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time

Pros

Always learning something new, loads of interesting and bright people, fun socials, great career and progression opportunities, quality training, interesting work, lots of support to help you develop and learn.

Cons

Location is Hanger Lane, so easy enough to get to from London but not very much going on. Also the training for external joiners needs to improve.

Advice to Management

Make progression model more transparent (e.g. share what the salary bands are at different levels, give rough idea of average length of time for progression to next level beyond grad scheme) - it's actually pretty good but people don't know this.

5. "A Company that Cares"

Current Employee - Analyst in Ealing, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Ealing, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, they really care about me as an employee - everything from making sure my workload is sensible for both my level and the hours (9-5:30) to being committed to my personal development. There's no pressure from above management to stay beyond specified hours, though people are willing to put in time when necessary - it provides a good work/life balance!
    They get you up and running very quickly - a couple of weeks training with all the other analysts in the team, then into a real project with coaching from another, more senior analyst. There is a standard system in place for graduate joiners where for the first three years you are assessed at the end of each year for promotion. Clear progression, plenty of opportunity for learning new skills (since arriving I have learned SAS, SQL, VBA as well as softer consultative skills of how to turn data into a story for a client - they make sure the analysts have plenty of opportunity to create useful output and slides from the data we process)
    The team is relatively social - agile seating in our team area means you're usually sitting with different people in the team every day, there are trips to the local pub as well as the occasional team social.
    The office is nice enough - recently refurbished, with kitchen facilities (microwave, coffee machine, fridge) and hot drinks provided

Cons

Being part of a larger company, which in turn is part of a behemoth company means that decisions made at upper levels of the business don't always benefit the employees so much as the bottom line. Thankfully the immediate business (Kantar Worldpanel) is left to be relatively autonomous, so there isn't too much of this, but where it does come in is in my biggest gripe with the company - we are primarily a data processing company, so why can't we afford decent computing power? The laptops we use are medium level, but often old, recycled from previous employees who have left - there is a clear business case to update them, but the level at which we'd have to pitch it is way above where they'll listen to a "small" team like ours. Our team's boss does a reasonable job of fighting for that sort of stuff for us, but there's only so much he can do against the might of WPP.

The other major negative is being out of the city in Hanger Lane - it's at least a half hour commute out of central london (though a number of people live notting hill gate/shepherd's bush/ealing), but there's little to do in the immediate area - few resataraunts, few shops - this is not the bustle and nice offices of central london

Advice to Management

Continue to fight for us at higher levels - we know the immediate company cares, but levels above that don't seem to, and we need our corner fought for

6. "Great people, aspirational culture, market leading product"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

First and foremost, a market leading product in the world of market research, and hence a respected and trusted brand within the industry. In a business-to-business environment, this makes working with clients a much more rewarding experience most of the time. It also creates opportunities for more interesting work, because the dataset can be used to answer all sorts of questions about consumer behaviour, and clients generally want Kantar Worldpanel's view on those questions.

Then there's the people. Across the business, employees feel positively about their teams, the support people receive from each other and the spirit of collective achievement.

Good results are widely celebrated, support is offered when things get difficult, and there's plenty of social fun throughout the year too.

Cons

Being part of a complex global group (Kantar Worldpanel is an operating company within Kantar, the research arm of WPP), whilst offering opportunities, can also produce challenges when decisions made at a distant level - e.g. hiring freezes or structural change - start to have an impact on the day-to-day operation of teams within one business.

Sometimes it can feel as though there are a lot of people involved in overlapping workstreams within the business, and on occasion this can cause a bit of unnecessary complexity.

Advice to Management

Try to avoid a proliferation of "extra-curricular" projects and workstreams, particularly within the commercial business. There's always lots of enthusiasm for people to get involved in things beyond their day job, and new initiatives coming out of training courses, team away days, board discussions, etc. But with limited time to focus on these things there is a danger that many of them don't get the attention they need to be successful.

7. "life at kantarworldpanel"

Current Employee - Coding Specialist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Coding Specialist in London, England (UK)

Pros

happy environment,staff very friendly and always willing to help.

Cons

some managers have no people skills and prefer to micro manage their team

Advice to Management

promote internal applicants before external

8. "Feedback on company"

Current Employee - Coding Support Executive in Westgate, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Coding Support Executive in Westgate, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility around working hours
    Benefits offered
    Constantly moving

Cons

WPP holds the purse strings

Advice to Management

Speak to the teams and let them know what is happening, sometimes we need reassurance that things are progressing even if details cannot be shared

9. "Great people!"

I worked at Kantar Worldpanel full-time

Pros

People are great and very friendly

Cons

Management is not super at times

Advice to Management

.................................

10. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Cid in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Cid in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mid sized company full of largely young, energetic and hard working people. Industry leader, well respected

Cons

Location and salary and flexibility of career path

11. "Panel Advisor"

Current Employee - Panel Communications Advisor in Westgate, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Panel Communications Advisor in Westgate, England (UK)

I have been working at Kantar Worldpanel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Team, decent coffee, -Nice Offices

Cons

no parking and no shops nearby

Advice to Management

Listen to the team on the ground, they have the solutions