Kaplan "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Kaplan Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Aug 26, 2019

3.4
Kaplan CEO Andrew S. Rosen (no image)
Andrew S. Rosen
Pros
Cons
  • "If you're considering working for this company, don't sign a non-compete for part-time work(in 21 reviews)

• "Poor upper management and lack of resources(in 18 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"MCAT Instructor"

MCAT Instructor

I worked at Kaplan

Pros

Good support from some members of management, good pay, rewarding to help students achieve their goals, good benefits.

Cons

Other managers not as supportive, they will take advantage of you if you let them, very corporate which can sometimes feel depersonalized.

Advice to Management

Ask employees more for their opinions and advice on how to improve operations, more collaboration and personalization.

Kaplan2017-01-04
  2. "Decent pay and hours"

Current Employee - Student Support Specialist

I have been working at Kaplan full-time

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, Location, co-workers.

Cons

Supervisors, insane levels of favoritism, lack of communication, inability to advance.

Advice to Management

Be more clear with your staff, and support them.

Kaplan2019-08-26
  3. "Director of Financial Aid"

Former Employee - Director of Financial Aid in Canyon Country, CA

I worked at Kaplan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good company with good benefits, they have respect for there employees and ask their opinions.

Cons

Loyalties are not there when they need to make cost cuts. I have watched plenty of good employees be laid-off.

Kaplan2016-03-23
  4. "Good Experience"

I worked at Kaplan

Pros

Great benefits in terms of work flexibility and work/life balance. Good benefits and pay.

Cons

Lack of transparency often. Lack of support from HQ, and a little slow in terms of support.

Kaplan2015-11-10
  5. "Overall experience"

I have been working at Kaplan

Pros

Staff is very friendly and supportive. Management seems to have their hearts in the right place. Challenging, interesting work, for the most part. Excellent community outreach. Good benefits.

Cons

Workload can be overwhelming at times. Can sometimes feel like an overabundance of meetings, with little progress. Conflicting or inadequate messaging regarding company directives.

Kaplan2015-11-04
  6. "Former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Kaplan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and great facilities.

Cons

A lot of money spent at the top, while constantly downsizing and eliminating the roles that made the least amount of money, but did all the work. Meanwhile, the top hasn't made any changes, they haven't been strategic and innovative, so there hasn't been any growth.

Advice to Management

Just eliminating jobs doesn't make money or grow a company, but it does destroy your culture and reputation.

Kaplan2015-10-29
  7. "Alright"

I have been working at Kaplan

Pros

Good benefits as a student -- we received a free kaplan course as an added bonus for working at kaplan. Pretty good salary given the work done.

Cons

A lot of shuffling within the organization itself -- constantly changing environment. Our boss changed halfway through and eventually the whole campus rep program was closed.

Advice to Management

More transparency to the workers please! It was definitely a surprise to us that the whole program shut down. I would really appreciate a heads up that there is movement in the company.

Kaplan2015-10-22
  8. "Admissions"

I have been working at Kaplan full-time

Pros

Great people in my department, most very well educated and tenured. Good benefits and educational opportunities. Flexible hours and opportunity to work remotely.

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with the students. We spend money on wasted ad campaigns and "automation" and this has left less time for student support. In the last year, executive decisions have turned Kaplan from a "great place" to a sweat shop.

Advice to Management

Quality is more important than quantity. Stop punishing valued employees, and rewarding lazy ones. One great employee, better compensated, would be far better than 3 bad ones.

Kaplan2015-08-02
  9. "Designer"

I worked at Kaplan full-time

Pros

kaplan has good benefits and paid overtime. People are nice and there is a community base. Kaplan also has nice facilities including cafeteria and treadmills.

Cons

This position required too much overtime. Supervisor expected me to stay until 9-10 pm daily. It wasn't unusual to stay in the office until 3-4am several times a month.

Advice to Management

employees would stay for years if there was fair pay and good time management.

Kaplan2015-04-27

"no problem with for-profit education, just bad business"

I worked at Kaplan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits, good work-life balance, fun atmosphere, great people

Cons

poor pay (but this is pretty usual for education), not many opportunities for promotion, innovation stifled by red tape

Advice to Management

focus more on increasing revenue than cutting expenses, this comes from a quality product. In an effort to raise profitability by decreasing expenses you're losing you valuable staff and reducing the usefulness of your product. Great people who honestly care about their students ; but the business practices don't reflect this.

Kaplan2015-02-05