Kare Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

Kare Pharmacy Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.2
Kare Pharmacy President Jordan Soblick  (no image)
Jordan Soblick
  1. "Kare Pharmacy - Beats regular retail pharmacy"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Kare Pharmacy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees are constantly challenged to improve and attain new goals. The benefits are superior and rate of pay is above all retail pharmacy averages. Team work is a must and i like that employees have the opportunity to move up internally in the organization

Cons

Employees are held accountable to all work standards and management expects alot from all employees.

Kare Pharmacy2014-11-18
  2. "Dialer Admin"

in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Kare Pharmacy

Pros

Latest technology, great learning environment

Cons

Not the greatest benefits. No 401k

Kare Pharmacy2015-07-09
  3. "SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!! (READ WITH CAUTION)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Kare Pharmacy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There were good times but the good times don't last forever and if you let yourself get too comfortable you will find yourself getting the short end of the stick. EASY TO GET JOB (THEY NEED YOU MORE THAN YOU NEED THEM).

Cons

Would you prefer to work at a place where you make $12/hr, love your boss/manager and love your job? or would prefer to work at a place where you make $15/hr, hate your boss/manager and hate your job? I'll let you tell it... 1.CAREER OPPORTUNITIES If you are searching for a career move, this is not the place for you. This is a dead end job that just so happens to pay very generously. When i say "pay very generously" I am taking into consideration the fact that minimum wage in Florida is 8.05 USD per hour (Jan 1, 2015) and this is without a Bachelors degree, Associates degree, or professional certificate. I say that to say this, the next time you see one of those panhandlers on a busy intersection on your way to work, holding a sign saying that "they are homeless, hungry, and anything helps (meaning money); you should help them out by telling them to put their sign down and head straight for KARE PHARMACY and apply for a job as is (t-shirt, jean shorts, and flip flops) smile and be able to read beyond the level of a 6th grader and you'll be employed. 2. COMPENSATION & BENEFITS Although you are paid a very generous hourly wage, you are forced to despise all upper management and pretty much hate your "supervisors", and anyone else at the who delegates from the top in addition to hating your life and your job all together for 7.5 or 8 hours that you are there. if you're looking forward employee benefits (health/dental/vision/life insurance, paid sick days, paid time off, paid vacations, holidays, sick leave, bereavement or funeral leave, 401k and things of that nature) you can forget it. Pardon me, you are offered health insurance. So lets take a detailed look: Health - offered Dental - offered Vision - offered Life - offered Paid Sick Days - working on it (but this really means NO!) Paid time off - working on it (but this really means NO!) Paid vacations - working on it (but this really means NO!) Sick leave - working on it (but this really means NO!) Bereavement/funeral leave - working on it (but this really means NO!) 401k - I'd be surprised if 85% of the people who work there knew what this was (non-management that is). I mean, you an take time off, sick days, vacations and etc... YOU JUST WON'T GET PAID FOR IT!!! :-) Holiday Pay* - There is an asterisk next to holiday pay. that would be the star at the end of pay for those who don't know what an asterisk is. In order to receive holiday pay you have to work the business day before and the business day after the holiday. (Example- Memorial Day is May 25th in order to receive holiday pay for memorial day you have to work the full business day before the holiday which would be Friday May 22 and the full business day after the holiday which is Tuesday May 26. Here is the catch, although you would have Memorial Day off; holiday pay is not time and a half. It is simply just TIME. 3. WORK/LIFE BALANCE Inbound/Outbound cold calling 7.5 hours a day, scripted reading/communication (remember you have to be able to read at a 6th grade level or this not for you). 30-minute lunches - There are places to eat but nothing if you have to walk or drive you'll be wasting time because you have to place an order, wait for it to be prepared, try to eat it as fast as you can, and then walk or drive back. Im sorry it just not enough time. Office Roster - Managers, Supervisors, Team Leads, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Techs, Miscreants, Average Joe's, Plain Jane's and everyone else is either in recovery, a half way house or somewhere in-between or a combination of a few. (No Is is perfect and i know that I'm just being honest). Job security is the probability that an individual will keep his or her job; a job with a high level of job security is such that a person with the job would have a small chance of becoming unemployed. (according to www.wikipedia.com). Unfortunately, Kare Pharmacy is the opposite of this. There is no job security even after you have SECURED the job. There is a low level of job security meaning a person with a job at Kare has a large chance of becoming unemployed. As far as balancing your life, you can forget it. Work usually takes priority over the rest, however, working at KARE takes priority over anything and everything. Unfortunately work is what we spend the majority of our day doing, it financially supports our dreams, and it’s a core part of our identities (the first "small talk" question people usually ask is what you do for a living). Add mobile technology to our career-driven lives, and work-related priorities now have the potential to take over our personal lives. When this happens, we are putting our relationships, mental and physical health, and overall happiness at risk. It's a big sacrifice that can adequately affect you which brings me back to the initial question that i asked: Would you prefer to work at a place where you make $12/hr, love your boss/manager and love your job? or would prefer to work at a place where you make $15-$16/hr, hate your boss/manager and hate your job? 4. SENIOR MANAGEMENT Senior Management at KARE is a CON in and of itself. (that means it's bad) 5. CULTURE & VALUES There is no honor among thieves - (for those who don't understand let me simply it for you) Honor among thieves means that thieves respect each other like doctors or engineers in the same profession. When there is NO honor among thieves means that they steal from each other and therefore disrespect one another despite the fact that they are in the same profession and need to stick together in order to be SUCCESSFUL. #somuchforCULTUREANDVALUES The place is a dump. Whenever I walk into Kare and I looked along sight lines I saw chairs, headsets, and a dry erase board that tally's how many times employees came back late from break or lunches, tacky office decorations, the aisles and chairs piled up, I know no one cares about the place. And there is probably a good reason why. Only the leaders have offices. Be leery of a place where everyone has a cube except for the bosses. That usually indicates a hierarchical structure in which management and employees are at odds. No one talks about culture. Kare should try to sell you on their culture. If the person interviewing you only wants to talk about your qualifications, ask yourself what she’s not telling you about the work environment. (It's because there is no culture). OOOPS SPOILER ALERT!!! Leadership at KARE demonstrates bad culture. Culture always flows from the top. You may not have a chance to meet senior management, but you can probably track down interesting conversation describing encounters with these "leaders" with other employees while you're on your smoke break. Your initial reaction may speak volumes about how much you’ll enjoy working at the company. Your interviewer at KARE will talk about excellence. Every organization strives to succeed. That’s a given. A company that emphasizes excellence may also hold its employees to unachievable standards. Rather than focusing on your job, you’ll be worrying about your job. #jobsecurity KARE just seems weird. A happy workplace should hum. Some people should be up, moving around, and talking to one another. They should not seem bored or stressed. So take a look around, and ask yourself if the average person seems happy or not. 10 times out of 10 at KARE, the average person is happy to have a job that pays generously, but lets be honest with ourselves we're not really happy. I know i wasn't.

Kare Pharmacy2015-05-17
  4. "staff pharmacist for mail order"

Staff Pharmacist in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Kare Pharmacy for more than a year

Pros

interesting and very great bunch of tech

Cons

tend to pressure tech with a quota

Kare Pharmacy2015-05-11
  5. "stress filled"

I have been working at Kare Pharmacy full-time

Pros

Steady check every two weeks

Cons

Unprofessional Disorganized Treats employee like trash Uses lies and false pretenses to draw in diabetics

Kare Pharmacy2015-05-04
  6. "Medicare sales"

I have been working at Kare Pharmacy

Pros

15 per hour and thanks it. Everything else about Kare is horrible. The good reviews on this site are from the company owners so it appears like a good place to work. Stay away from this company.

Cons

Uneducated management, low employee morale, unreasonable sales goals, questionable integrity with taking old people's information to sign up for Diabetic suppliers. Company changes it's name and doesn't have a sign posted outside the building because BSO hascome there to shut it down before, so to keep a low profile company doesn't have a sign. What "health care " company doesn't have a sign outside their building?

Kare Pharmacy2015-04-25

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews