Karen Kane Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Seattle, WA

I worked at Karen Kane part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome company. Awesome director. Great perks like clothes and discounts. Great learning experience. All clothes are made on U.S. the company pays all their factory workers a really good wage.

Cons

I really have no cons. Other than maybe offering part time employees benefits. They may do that now. I really have no cons but this will not let me submit unless I 20 words so I am just trying to fill space. I absolutely love this company. If you get a chance to work for them go for it.

2. "Store Co Manager"

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Camarillo, CA

I worked at Karen Kane full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Beautiful clothing.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about company.

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Karen Kane full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

small, intimate company with great colleagues. very personal - you will get to know everyone

Cons

limited opportunities for advancement, smaller company may not be right for people who want a "corporate" atmosphere

4. "Inside Sales Representative/Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative/Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Karen Kane full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a good relationship with my coworkers, the travel time is minimum, the hours, I like the relationships I have with my Account Executives, I like being helpful to the store owners and buyers.

Cons

The leadership isn't strong, It's hard to get a yes or no answer, Communication could be better, The training could have been better

Advice to Management

Set a better training schedule, Give direct answers to questions, Guide their employees and provide the proper tools.

5. "Very close-knit, warm company"

Current Employee - Assistant
    Current Employee - Assistant

I have been working at Karen Kane full-time

Pros

I have worked at Karen Kane for several years and have had a very positive experience at the company. It is small enough that you feel like you know everyone, but big enough that it doesn't feel too cliquey. There is a lot of opportunity for people that are positive and motivated to get ahead, but if you expect to get promoted automatically, this is probably not the right company for you. I love how independent I get to be in my position and how receptive the company is to new ideas (especially in the past couple of years, when newer people have come in to the company).

Cons

The company is not huge, so the opportunity to move up is limited. Certain departments are a bit more "old school" in their thought process, but overall the company has become much more progressive in recent years.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees' suggestions. It would be good to create more community-building programs to help departments meet each other more. Extend ice cream Fridays to all-year instead of summer only.

"intern"

Pros

Amazing place to work! the staff is very friendly and really cares about its employees.

Cons

not much room for advancement.

"Long Time Employee"

Pros

This was a leading company and a leading brand at one time. They provided decent compensation and regular cost of living raises. (continued below...)

Cons

All this changed in the 2000's as the brand suffered at retail due to competition. It never changed back to what it was and many long time employees were let go after a number of layoffs due to lack of sales. The company is somewhat of a "cult" and if you don't fit in by being a yes person you won't make it. Small, private apparel companies like this are dinosaurs so in a way it's surprising they have remained in business at all.

Advice to Management

They only listen to themselves so leaving advice here is somewhat pointless, but I would say they need to have more appreciation for their internal salespeople.

8. "excellent"

I have been working at Karen Kane part-time

Pros

good working environment.... and good associates to work with.

Cons

when the entire outlet is very slow... boring!!!!

9. "Internship reveiw"

Pros

Nice people, fast paced, exciting environment

Cons

No cons!
    Great place to be

"very caring company from the top down"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I worked at Karen Kane full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely caring company. No matter what position you are in, the owners and upper management are open to hearing ideas and they also regularly respond to emails, meet directly with the employees...they really make you feel like a valued part of the company. Great teamwork between departments, creative environment, opportunity to take on projects to further career, good pay and benefits, organized processes.

Cons

really no downsides...they really care about their employees and try and do everything they can to make them happy

Advice to Management

offer maternity leave benefits, but understand it is difficult for a private company of this size