Kareo Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Kareo CEO Dan Rodrigues
Dan Rodrigues
Pros
Cons
  • "Company is more worried about their image than your work life balance(in 6 reviews)

• "It's a super fast paced environment, which I love(in 8 reviews)

1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Kareo does a great job of fostering growth and rewarding people who work hard. I've been able to grow my responsibilities and improve my skills based on my interests and where I want to take my career. Teams are collaborative and you don't feel siloed into specific groups - everyone works cross-functionally and is helpful. Overall fun corporate culture and casual / flexible environment is appreciated!

Cons

I love the fast paced "start-up" environment but it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow those who work hard and are invested in the business

Solid Place to Work

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I've really enjoyed my time at Kareo. What I like most about the company is my co-workers, the day-to-day work, the opportunity to grow and learn, and helping bring technology into healthcare. I've been able to advance my career and have been fairly paid over time as my contributions to the business have increased. I'm very happy here.

Cons

I like working for a fast-growth, venture capital-backed company that is working to establish itself as a market leader, but this type of company isn't for everyone. There's always a lot to do (many times too much), things moves quickly, teams and processes change, etc. I like this, but I know many people like the predictability of larger companies. If that's you, go work for Amazon!

Advice to Management

Keep working on improving employee communications, ensure that the teams that need resources and investment get it, and constantly remind us why we are here -- the customer and what Kareo can do to help them! Our own company objectives will follow when we solve our customers' problems.

4.5 Years Strong...and still growing

Current Employee - Product Marketing and Alliances in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Corporate culture, Growing SaaS company, Healthcare Market, Industry leader, Robust product portfolio, good work-life balance, strong management team, competitive pay, opportunities to grow within the organization

Cons

401K program, competitive market, consolidations in the industry

Advice to Management

Keep promoting the amazing corporate culture at Kareo. That is your strongest suit. Continue to give employees opportunities to expand and grow into roles and challenge themselves, continue to build on executive team management transparency, continue to award and recognize the top employees who go up and beyond what is required. Also, please get some type of 401K match.

4. Great!

Current Employee - Customer Success in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The company has a really wonderful mission that personally motivates me every day. We are truly helping improve independent practices and the companies that help them succeed. I feel like the work I do directly impacts what the ultimate end-user (the patient/client) experiences. The better Kareo gets (and we get better every day), the better the healthcare experience for our customer's patients. The people who work here...

Cons

Sometimes we try to bite off more that we can chew but I chalk that up to eagerness and passion for continuing the progress of making healthcare less of a pain in the b*tt.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Maybe add more focus to all that we try to accomplish. I've worked in many places and I definitely feel like you know what you are doing and are taking the company in the right direction.

Sales

I have been working at Kareo

Pros

Revolutionizing Healthcare, Top Board and Managers who care and work to help their team grow, care about career pathway, eating market share everywhere

Cons

Keeping track of all my deals and sales, huge christmas gifts coming

Advice to Management

Keep listening and doing internal surveys

Regret Leaving

I worked at Kareo full-time

Pros

high compensation, say it how it is, professional

Cons

I left Kareo for a "silicon valley competitor" but it was totally unprofessional there and disgusting, plus they kept lying about what they would offer

Advice to Management

dont worry as much about competitors

7. OK

I have been working at Kareo

Pros

Friendly folks. I was paid on time. There seem to be a lot of fake reviews on here...

Cons

- Boring industry (medical billing and charting, what do you expect?) - Lots of changes to pay sometimes without prior notice. - Work hard not smart. - It’s not a good idea unless it’s management’s idea.

Advice to Management

Invest in taking care of the customers you’ve acquired and delivering the product they were sold.

Software engineer

• Overall

I have been working at Kareo full-time

Pros

Love working here, because we are making a difference helping others and have a great engineering culture . Have a great board including Uber cofounder

Cons

Cannot think of any downsides

Advice to Management

Keep focused and bunker down, lots of EHR startups are trash talking us and trying to view our demos but don’t worry

• Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kareo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Didn’t stay long enough to find out.

Cons

Management without knowledge. No on boarding but expects miracles from a new hire.

Very stressful, very unrealistic, NOT enjoyable workplace!

Former Employee - Customer Success Coach in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kareo full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a handful of very kind, genuine, honest people. Pay and benefits are decent. Location is good. Casual attire is very nice.

Cons

No official training or onboarding program for new employees. The random training attempts have changed maybe 3-4 times over the past year. Completely unrealistic expectations to understand entire Ambulatory Healthcare Industry and Private and Commercial Payers. The sales party culture is excessive and over the top. The pay does not match the level of "required" expertise. The pay should be much higher. You must become...

Advice to Management

Be honest, be mindful of your expectations, actually listen to your employees when they are stressed or overwhelmed, be genuine, be transparent. STOP micro-managing your employees and watching their every move. Explain the role in it's entirety and do not be vague and general when explaining the necessary skills needed for the position. Stop allowing gossip to run wild. Stop playing favorites. Stop allowing clicks and...

Found 240 reviews