Kareo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Kareo Founder & CEO Dan Rodrigues
Dan Rodrigues

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Kareo is constantly trying new ways to keep their employees happy and providing a great work environment (in 10 reviews)

• Kareo is a fast paced environment that has a great people culture (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • They hired upper management that has turned the company on its head (in 10 reviews)

• With any young company you will be hit with growing pains at one point (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Really great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, the people here are among the friendliest you will ever meet. The hiring team must've screened heavily for this quality because everyone is so darn nice and endearing. Secondly, everyone is incredibly skilled and knowledgeable in their area. I never have any doubts my co-workers will follow through on their jobs and do it well. The managers (at least in the Marketing department) have done a great job of balancing a relaxed, low-pressure environment while also encouraging everyone to do their best. There's always plenty of opportunities to try different projects and expand your skills. Each month feels a little different from the last.

Cons

I think the promotion and salary negotiation process is rather vague (maybe purposefully kept so), but I can understand that. It's really up to you to take that initiative. I really can't think of any other cons. I think upper management has taken a lot of steps in the past few months to address concerns listed in the previous reviews. A lot of these reviews may seem to imply that the executive team doesn't listen to employee feedback, but I really do get a sense that they're trying, especially in the past few months. But I can only speak for the Marketing department.

Advice to Management

There's a lot of tough feedback on this page, and perhaps it is fair. I just want to represent those in the company that still feel Kareo is a great place to work and to show appreciation for your efforts in trying to address your employee's concerns and incorporate our feedback. Keep doing more of that!

2. "Solutions Consultant"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Kareo significantly increased my value as a salesperson. Learning the software and new sales strategies in sync allowed for lots of growth and expansion of my own understanding of the sales process. Management often acts as a coach to the sales team with weekly one-on-one's to pour over sales performance; they make time to coach individual reps to increase their performance. Great company culture at Kareo, haven't previously worked at a company where everyone was so likable and intelligent. Great product, highly competitive industry.

Cons

Potential for clawbacks if a customer cancels their subscription within the first 4 months. It has a way of keeping the sales team accountable for what they're selling but can nix some previously-made earnings on a commissions check.

Advice to Management

As the sales team increases in number, make sure their ample opportunities to be spread (evenly) around

3. "database guy"

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo (Less than a year)

Pros

independent work. no micromanagement, if you know what are you doing you can set the sais up and go man/woman

Cons

none so far (two months in)

Advice to Management

even seasoned professionals need SOME advice/directons

4. "Do Not Work or Do Business With Kareo"

I worked at Kareo full-time

Pros

Good software in the early 2000’s

Cons

So many practices went out of business while I was there so to Kareo dropping the ball, not Billing, etc that I couldn’t keep count. Worst part when you have an issue or something serious you cannot get help or reach anyone. Employees are looked upon as something expendable, they will drop you in a heartbeat

Advice to Management

Find some integrity and stop hurting practices and employees

5. "Really poor place to work."

Former Employee - Biller Clerk in Ormond Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Biller Clerk in Ormond Beach, FL

I worked at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lucky to have a job.

Cons

Scrubbing bathrooms (not outside cleaning crew to do it). Full of bugs, spiders etc. Low morale, people calling sick daily for any reasons and all other responsible suffering trying to complete jobs while management do not care absolute about anything. Overcrowded placed, not enough offices for people or parking. More than 50 percent are smokers and building smells like an bar. If a place to sweet managers ears or you are not well fit for company in Ormond Beach Florida. All employees needs to act like operators, responding phone calls and not getting focus in billing which is really poor since almost any Dr's offices do not have any website to track claims and once again managers do not care about anything. Even managers at Florida office advise to give a high score to CEO since was behind compare to others in same field.

Advice to Management

Absolute any advancement to management. A billing rep will be doing billing forever.

6. "More than just a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Without question, the people are fantastic. They are the finest you'll work with. Considering you spend more time at work than at home, the environment really makes or breaks your day. It's the best that it can offer. It's a beautiful building, in a fantastic location, in a modern office, with excellent equipment, the most modern of furniture, monitors, work spaces, and even the chairs get a ten out of ten. You'll find plenty of places to relax, or have a productive meeting. Unlimited fantastic coffee, sodas, and at times, fresh-made juices. In my role, I get to make a positive difference in medical offices that is floundering, or even on the verge of bankruptcy. How many office jobs offer the chance to help others stay in business?

Cons

The work itself is a different experience for everyone. Sometimes there are challenges. Our successes are found by taking ownership of the outcomes.

Advice to Management

This company has been in business for over 10 years, has a growing base of clients, is becoming more profitable every year, and hires the best of talent in the industry. I can't think of any advice to improve on that.

"Product Support Specialist"

Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits package is crazy good.

Cons

No loyalty to employees when needed

Advice to Management

Revamp your HR department, start listening to your support reps, they are in the trenches, putting technical issues on the back burner because there is a work around and having customers wait for months to get the issue fixed is what is causing dissention in the ranks with customers and employees both. It's broke, fix it, the customer feels they do not matter!

"A/R revenue billing and collection, posting. Daily goal exception is 70-90 encounter not per line item ."

Former Employee - Account Manager II in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager II in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kareo,Inc as a company has good benefits.

Cons

Management is very disorganized, no structure nor process in place.
    Inexperience, bossy managers constantly on your back to met daily quota. Their theory are not about quality work it's about quantity. Manager are not what they pretend to be in interviews. Frequent turn-over in employment.

Advice to Management

Set a structure, process in place for longer period of time then changing every few weeks. Replace your Inexperienced managers or supervisors with experienced people. SA/KMB office needs a medical office consultant company to organize the office.

"Diamond in the Rough"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kareo cares about their employees. Raising the bar and holding staff accountable. They have awesome benefits and perks. Great pay!

Cons

You have to work hard (isn't that called a job) and you will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Kareo is headed in the right direction.

"Grateful employee"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Ormond Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Ormond Beach, FL

I have been working at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have just completed my initial 90 days and i love this company more every day. I have great, friendly co-workers and awesome management. I feel like part of a family and i have a great feeling of accomplishment.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any negatives worth noting.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat employees like you do. It's wonderful to feel appreciated.