Kareo Reviews | Glassdoor

Kareo Founder & CEO Dan Rodrigues
Dan Rodrigues

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They hired upper management that has turned the company on its head (in 10 reviews)

• With any young company you will be hit with growing pains at one point (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Really great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, the people here are among the friendliest you will ever meet. The hiring team must've screened heavily for this quality because everyone is so darn nice and endearing. Secondly, everyone is incredibly skilled and knowledgeable in their area. I never have any doubts my co-workers will follow through on their jobs and do it well. The managers (at least in the Marketing department) have done a great job of balancing a relaxed, low-pressure environment while also encouraging everyone to do their best. There's always plenty of opportunities to try different projects and expand your skills. Each month feels a little different from the last.

Cons

I think the promotion and salary negotiation process is rather vague (maybe purposefully kept so), but I can understand that. It's really up to you to take that initiative. I really can't think of any other cons. I think upper management has taken a lot of steps in the past few months to address concerns listed in the previous reviews. A lot of these reviews may seem to imply that the executive team doesn't listen to employee feedback, but I really do get a sense that they're trying, especially in the past few months. But I can only speak for the Marketing department.

Advice to Management

There's a lot of tough feedback on this page, and perhaps it is fair. I just want to represent those in the company that still feel Kareo is a great place to work and to show appreciation for your efforts in trying to address your employee's concerns and incorporate our feedback. Keep doing more of that!

2. "More than just a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Without question, the people are fantastic. They are the finest you'll work with. Considering you spend more time at work than at home, the environment really makes or breaks your day. It's the best that it can offer. It's a beautiful building, in a fantastic location, in a modern office, with excellent equipment, the most modern of furniture, monitors, work spaces, and even the chairs get a ten out of ten. You'll find plenty of places to relax, or have a productive meeting. Unlimited fantastic coffee, sodas, and at times, fresh-made juices. In my role, I get to make a positive difference in medical offices that is floundering, or even on the verge of bankruptcy. How many office jobs offer the chance to help others stay in business?

Cons

The work itself is a different experience for everyone. Sometimes there are challenges. Our successes are found by taking ownership of the outcomes.

Advice to Management

This company has been in business for over 10 years, has a growing base of clients, is becoming more profitable every year, and hires the best of talent in the industry. I can't think of any advice to improve on that.

3. "Technical support"

Former Employee - Backoffice in Heredia (Costa Rica)
    Former Employee - Backoffice in Heredia (Costa Rica)

I worked at Kareo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and Schedules are great. The Enviroment and the Parties are great. Subsidies are good too.

Cons

Supervisor
    Tier III in the US
    Time of resulution from Tier III
    Production

Advice to Management

None

"Product Support Specialist"

Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits package is crazy good.

Cons

No loyalty to employees when needed

Advice to Management

Revamp your HR department, start listening to your support reps, they are in the trenches, putting technical issues on the back burner because there is a work around and having customers wait for months to get the issue fixed is what is causing dissention in the ranks with customers and employees both. It's broke, fix it, the customer feels they do not matter!

"A/R revenue billing and collection, posting. Daily goal exception is 70-90 encounter not per line item ."

Former Employee - Account Manager II in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager II in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kareo,Inc as a company has good benefits.

Cons

Management is very disorganized, no structure nor process in place.
    Inexperience, bossy managers constantly on your back to met daily quota. Their theory are not about quality work it's about quantity. Manager are not what they pretend to be in interviews. Frequent turn-over in employment.

Advice to Management

Set a structure, process in place for longer period of time then changing every few weeks. Replace your Inexperienced managers or supervisors with experienced people. SA/KMB office needs a medical office consultant company to organize the office.

"OIG is coming"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist

I worked at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none at all, corrupt at top levels

Cons

Medical billing fraud, has ruined so many companies

Advice to Management

OIG is coming

"Brilliant"

Current Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Ormond Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Ormond Beach, FL

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big city meets small town. Best of both worlds with fair pay extraordinary working conditions and amazing benefits!

Cons

I honestly can't find any.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and hear your employees. We are all working for the same goal.

"Joke of a place"

Current Employee - AR Rep
    Current Employee - AR Rep

I have been working at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

No direction - place is total chaos and play smoke and mirror games. Just last week we received an email telling us to go to glass door and submit a review with a positive rating for our CEO. Check out all the recent postings that support the before statement. Of course employees lied about it being a great place, because they need a job to pay their bills.

Advice to Management

You need to be replaced.

"Grateful employee"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Ormond Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Ormond Beach, FL

I have been working at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have just completed my initial 90 days and i love this company more every day. I have great, friendly co-workers and awesome management. I feel like part of a family and i have a great feeling of accomplishment.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any negatives worth noting.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat employees like you do. It's wonderful to feel appreciated.

"Diamond in the Rough"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kareo cares about their employees. Raising the bar and holding staff accountable. They have awesome benefits and perks. Great pay!

Cons

You have to work hard (isn't that called a job) and you will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Kareo is headed in the right direction.