Cover image for KarmaHub

52% Recommend to a Friend
32% Approve of CEO

Found 32 of over 49 reviews

3.1
KarmaHub Owner Daxa Panchal (no image)
Daxa Panchal

132 Comments

Consulting

449.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=KarmaHub~2141103
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about KarmaHub? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with KarmaHub employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Management is friendly, approachable, and helpful.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Flexibility and the people are amazing(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

not the best place to work

Jul 6, 2021 - Internet Analyst in Richland, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

none not a good place to work

Cons

pay hours no advancement no training

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lack of communication

Mar 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

We get to decide our work schedule

Cons

There is lack of communication

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the KarmaHub team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Suddenly limited work to zero for all but a few workers

Mar 7, 2022 - Internet Judge
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved the people and the work

Cons

They were going through a lot of changes and suddenly limited work to zero for all but a few workers. During this process, it did seem that management were being told to keep what they knew a secret...I think it was because they knew they had too much control over our days to be able to legally categorize us as independent contractors.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

inconsistent, repetitive work

Mar 8, 2021 - Internet Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

wide range of topics, remote, many leads to contact

Cons

paid inconsistently, annoying platform, little-to-no communication when project ended

6. 5.0

Great company

Jan 7, 2021 - Internet Analyst in Miamisburg, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work atmosphere, generally very caring people, flexible, compassionate leads

Cons

Work will occasionally run out for long periods.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible company. Beware.

Feb 6, 2020 - Internet Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can work from home when there is work, which is rare.

Cons

Pay is low, training is not paid, they will add you to tons of projects that don’t even have work. They lie and don’t provide updates. You will not make a living with this company unless you’re a less. They will disable your account because you haven’t worked but there has been no work since the end of December. Horrible company, dishonest practices. Be warned.

Director of Global Careers

Thank you for your feedback. We are working very hard to improve based on your suggestions. Typical of most independent contracting roles, readiness periods are unpaid. Our workflow is based on the projects the client(s) provide to us. There are times where we are anticipating more work and we may add someone to a project only to have a last minute change. Those last minute changes can sometimes negatively impact those placed on the team and we apologize for that. We do our absolute best to keep everyone working and busy, despite these last minute changes. Again, we will continue to improve based on your suggestions, which we take seriously. We wish you all the best.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hated their

Jan 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Limited flexibility, I have to have five words here - but that's all I got.

Cons

They way they track time is awful! You have a certain amount of time to judge information, say from 5-15 minutes, if you go over that time. You DON'T get paid for it. At all. Then your time tracking starts on the new judging page. For example: if I have 15 minutes to judge 3 items (with review comments on why) and I go over- that whole 15 minutes doesn't count towards your 8hr day. Then if they ask for feedback, which they do a lot, you don't get paid for that either. Also, beware of them asking you to do continued training on Skype, it is also unpaid. Unless you are great at working and training simultaneously, while not going overtime on your judging. Makes it really hard to get in an 8 hour day, especially for someone who needs to be home as well and helping their children. Or just to get up, generally for any reason. Also, don't have any problems, there is no real management (or HR) that you are able to get a hold of as an entry employee. Only leads, and as nice as they are - they can't help.

Director of Global Careers

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Quality and consistency are crucial in this line of work; therefore, if it takes more time to complete the work than the time allotted, the quality and consistency suffer, clients are then affected, and the ripple effect of that could result in a decrease in business or projects which then means a loss of project work for our valued contracting staff. Also, we apologize that you feel as though there was no management or HR to address your questions. During the readiness phase, HR and Management resources are mentioned numerous times and their contact information is provided to you on your readiness documentation. Again, we thank you for your feedback and the team as a whole will take time to review this feedback. We wish you all the best in the future!

9. 5.0

Great

Nov 20, 2019 - Internet Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to work for! The flexibility allowed me to care for my dad while he was sick. The leads are very supportive and positive.

Cons

The only con I could think of is that you are not paid for training. Other than that, it has been a great work experience!

PR Manager

Thank you for coming to our Glassdoor page and leaving your awesome review! We're always understanding and supportive of the tough times everyone goes through. We are very happy you feel supported by your team! We hope you stick with us for much longer.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place

Nov 18, 2019 - Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility and the people are amazing

Cons

None for me at the moment

PR Manager

Thank you! Your positive experience makes us happy. Thanks for contributing to the KH team!

11. 4.0

It's a good company

Nov 13, 2019 - Internet Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility. Work whenever you want but have to meet your 80 hours per week if you're a full-time.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about except the long wait of responses from leads, etc. As long as I have work I can't complain about it.

Director of Global Careers

Thank you for you kind words. We appreciate your honest feedback about lead response times as well and will take that feedback to help improve in this area. We do want to clarify that full-time contractors are encouraged to contribute 40 hours/week and not 80 hours/week :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews
</>Embed

KarmaHub Reviews FAQs

KarmaHub has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 49 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at KarmaHub to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, KarmaHub employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at KarmaHub. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

52% of KarmaHub employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated KarmaHub 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at KarmaHub to be workplace, work life balance, coworkers and the cons to be management, benefits, career development.