KarmaHub Reviews

Updated Mar 8, 2021

3.4
KarmaHub Owner Daxa Panchal (no image)
Daxa Panchal
  1. 5.0

Great company

Jan 7, 2021 - Internet Analyst in Miamisburg, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work atmosphere, generally very caring people, flexible, compassionate leads

Cons

Work will occasionally run out for long periods.

2. 3.0

inconsistent, repetitive work

Mar 8, 2021 - Internet Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

wide range of topics, remote, many leads to contact

Cons

paid inconsistently, annoying platform, little-to-no communication when project ended

3. 1.0

Hated their

Jan 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Limited flexibility, I have to have five words here - but that's all I got.

Cons

They way they track time is awful! You have a certain amount of time to judge information, say from 5-15 minutes, if you go over that time. You DON'T get paid for it. At all. Then your time tracking starts on the new judging page. For example: if I have 15 minutes to judge 3 items (with review comments on why) and I go over- that whole 15 minutes doesn't count towards your 8hr day. Then if they ask for feedback, which they do a lot, you don't get paid for that either. Also, beware of them asking you to do continued training on Skype, it is also unpaid. Unless you are great at working and training simultaneously, while not going overtime on your judging. Makes it really hard to get in an 8 hour day, especially for someone who needs to be home as well and helping their children. Or just to get up, generally for any reason. Also, don't have any problems, there is no real management (or HR) that you are able to get a hold of as an entry employee. Only leads, and as nice as they are - they can't help.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Global Careers

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Quality and consistency are crucial in this line of work; therefore, if it takes more time to complete the work than the time allotted, the quality and consistency suffer, clients are then affected, and the ripple effect of that could result in a decrease in business or projects which then means a loss of project work for our valued contracting staff. Also, we apologize that you feel as though there was no management or HR to address your questions. During the readiness phase, HR and Management resources are mentioned numerous times and their contact information is provided to you on your readiness documentation. Again, we thank you for your feedback and the team as a whole will take time to review this feedback. We wish you all the best in the future!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, very flexible!

Jun 10, 2019 - Internet Analyst in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for KarmaHub for about 6 months give or take. They were always very understanding of any situations I might have been going through, all they ask is that you communicate but in a remote position communication is key so that is understandable. The projects I had were on going consistent work. If I wasn’t able to work on a certain project due to my learning disability they always accommodated me which was amazing for me because other places have let me go in the past for this. I had to leave KarmaHub for personal reasons but I left on a good note and plan to apply again in August when my availability opens up more. My best experience was working with the team leads they always helped when it came to my projects if I struggled to understand something. Even to this day I recommend people to apply at KarmaHub. The most important tip I can give you while working at KarmaHub is to communicate no matter what, they understand life happens and they will work with you but if you don’t communicate they don’t know.

Cons

1099 but that isn’t a deal breaker

PR Manager

Thank you for all of the positive things you have to say about KarmaHub! We look forward to having you apply again and appreciate your great communication! We value our contractors and are always understanding and accommodating when need be. We wish you the best!

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent Contract Job with Unorganized Processes

Jun 7, 2019 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Note to readers, most of the 4 or 5 star reviews you see on this page are from Project Leads. Being a lead is very different than being an analyst. Decent contract work from home opportunity for additional side income.

Cons

If you are a person who needs organization and structure to do well on a job, this may not be the company for you. - Communication is disorganized, and you can suddenly be "disabled" from their system without warning unable to earn income. - All training and practice for new work projects is unpaid. You are expected to show up for conference calls, read long manuals, and do practice exercises without any form of compensation. Projects are taken off and added all the time, so this adds up. - Some months /weeks there is a lot of work, and some months there is little work, yet you are expected to dedicate the same amount of daily time in your schedule and keep Karmahub a priority. However, contractors are not treated like a priority and are very disposable.

8 people found this review helpful

PR Manager

Thank you very much for your review and for being a contractor at KarmaHub for an extended time. We are sorry to hear about your negative experiences at our company and appreciate your feedback which helps us continue to grow.

6. 4.0

It's a good company

Nov 13, 2019 - Internet Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility. Work whenever you want but have to meet your 80 hours per week if you're a full-time.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about except the long wait of responses from leads, etc. As long as I have work I can't complain about it.

Director of Global Careers

Thank you for you kind words. We appreciate your honest feedback about lead response times as well and will take that feedback to help improve in this area. We do want to clarify that full-time contractors are encouraged to contribute 40 hours/week and not 80 hours/week :)

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great contract job with possibilities to grow in leadership

Apr 8, 2019 - Horizontal Lead in Belgrade, MT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I first started out as a regular internet analyst with KH when it was just getting starting in the USA. As I grew and learned different projects, I was then asked to become a lead. This opportunity is for many people out there looking for legitimate work from home that want to challenge themselves and also feel like what you are doing will help others with the use of technology. I have had the opportunity to learn about so many topics indirectly by the tasks that complete as well as directly through various projects.

Cons

This job is slightly different than your typical clock-in clock-out job so that takes time to get used to. Taxes are your own responsibility as you are an independent contractor. This isn't a negative as people have put in other reviews, it's just different than others. Because this is independent contract-type work, there are not benefits, but again - not a "con" but a different scenario that you need to plan for.

5 people found this review helpful

PR Manager

Thank you for being apart of our team! We are proud of your growth you expressed in becoming a lead and hope KarmaHub can remain a place of growth and a new opportunity as you progress forward. We are happy to hear that this different atmosphere of work is positive for you. We thank you for your time, dedication, and continued growth with KarmaHub.

8. 3.0

They started out great.

Mar 12, 2019 - Internet Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, steady work, working at your own pace.

Cons

Lack of communication. Having only one pay period per month.

13 people found this review helpful

PR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and shine a light on areas you had issues with. We always strive for the best communication, however, we understand that response times can vary. We offer bi-weekly payments in addition to requested monthly payment frequencies. Thank you for all of your positives you've stated and we're happy that you were apart of our team!

9. 5.0

Great

Nov 20, 2019 - Internet Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to work for! The flexibility allowed me to care for my dad while he was sick. The leads are very supportive and positive.

Cons

The only con I could think of is that you are not paid for training. Other than that, it has been a great work experience!

PR Manager

Thank you for coming to our Glassdoor page and leaving your awesome review! We're always understanding and supportive of the tough times everyone goes through. We are very happy you feel supported by your team! We hope you stick with us for much longer.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working for karmahub

Jun 12, 2019 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

Karmahub is a family friendly work place. They strive to help all their judges succeed in what they are assigned to. Their team leads stress communication so everyone is in the loop with what they need to know and how to do things the right way. Pay is consistent and on time. Judges can get raises if they're doing great. Full time opportunity Overall a wonderful place to work in so glad I found them!

Cons

It's a contract position and no taxes are taken out. This can easily be taken care of by yourself so it's not a bad thing. Being as this is a growing company there are things we can do to better what we do so things are always changing

PR Manager

We at KarmaHub believe that family is everything, so we are glad to hear you feel supported in our family-friendly work environment! Communication is key for us and we're happy to hear of your positive experiences. Thank you for being a member of our team for so long!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews