Karyopharm Therapeutics Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2020

Karyopharm Therapeutics Chief Executive Officer Michael Kauffman
Michael Kauffman
  1. Featured Review

"Fast growing company building up talented staff to work for a great cause"

Current Employee - Director in Newton, MA

I have been working at Karyopharm Therapeutics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people working for a great cause Lots of internal community events Lots of new talent shaping the culture to drive change to grow beyond a startup Good opportunity to learn Good investment in their staff to continue learning Good compensation & benefits with a flexible work environment Modern tools and technology

Cons

It's a company growing beyond start-up phase so there are lots of things to establish and figure out. This causes normal growing pains, however, they have hiring good talent to help drive needed change People who have been here a while are operating under old unwritten rules, therefore, new hires need to bring their influencing skills to show them the way

Continue reading
  2. "A great patient-first company with great vision, innovation and dedication to patients!"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Scientist

I have been working at Karyopharm Therapeutics full-time

Pros

Lots of different kinds of exciting clinical trials to work on so as to bring medicine to patients suffering from many diseases! Feel fulfilled, productive, and influencing the world every day!

Cons

We sometimes do need to speed up to full-power and work very long hours every day for a while to meet urgent deadlines, if some people call it cons. In fact, I do not call it cons, that should be how it looks like at every patient-first pharmaceutic company.

Karyopharm Therapeutics Response

August 5, 2020Senior Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience @ Karyopharm. The insight you provide is very helpful and will be critical as we continue to evolve our culture, especially during this new virtual environment!

3. "A productive and collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Karyopharm Therapeutics full-time

Pros

Colleagues are awesome! Direct managers are very supportive. Lots of learning opportunities. Extremely rewarding to see the drug get approved and the work comes to fruition.

Cons

Like all late-stage clinical teams, the work pace can be fast at some critical time points and we need to plan our time ahead of it.

4. "Great work culture!"

Current Employee - Associate Medical Director in Newton, MA

I have been working at Karyopharm Therapeutics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very motivated and interactive team. Friendly environment and good career prospects.

Cons

I have not experienced any.

5. "A great working place"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Newton, MA

I have been working at Karyopharm Therapeutics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of career development opportunity. People are very friendly. A very nice company culture.

Cons

Needs some work/life balance occasionally.

Continue reading
  6. "Karyopharm is like getting an immediate work family"

Current Employee - N/A in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Karyopharm Therapeutics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training was a clearly a focus for new hires, and well thought out. Team was very accommodating and helpful from the beginning. Encouraging environment where executive leadership even knows your name and offers assistance. Something other big companies don't typically do.

Cons

Small companies, you may work harder... but the benefit of working hard pays off in the end.

7. COVID-19

"Excited to be part of the Karyopharm team!"

Current Employee - IT Business Partner in Newton, MA

I have been working at Karyopharm Therapeutics full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Growing pharma company that is helping cancer patients - Lots of opportunity for professional growth - Experienced & professional co-workers

Cons

I am new to the company & started at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. I have been working remote, but no complaints. It was a seamless onboarding and I can't think of any cons to note here.

Karyopharm Therapeutics Response

June 29, 2020Senior Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience so far @ Karyopharm! We've been fortunate to keep growing during this pandemic and the new colleagues who have joined the team have been such an amazing addition, especially under such unexpected circumstances. As you continue your journey, please continue to share feedback.

8. COVID-19

"How a company treats you in a crisis..."

Current Employee - Vendor Management in Newton, MA

I have been working at Karyopharm Therapeutics full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started at the company as COVID19 caused the offices to close so onboarding and working were done and is still done remotely. How a company treats an employee in a crisis like this speaks volumes to how they will treat an employee under normal circumstances. With 100% honesty, I can say that Karyopharm has been nothing but patient, supportive, and understanding in this time. In a time when a company actually has an excuse to de-prioritize the employee, they empower instead.

Cons

Our goal is to stave off cancer and COVID19, so I don't think this is a "con" as much as it is - be prepared to work long hours when you can. We are here to support our patients, which means there may be work late nights and on weekends. But if you feel like the company gives back to you as much as I do, then you won't mind putting in the time.

9. "New Hire Review"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist, Corporate Communications in Newton, MA

I have been working at Karyopharm Therapeutics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Established biotech company that has so many great things going on . They are a very patient-centric company as well as always having their employees best interests in mind.

Cons

Since working remotely at a new position it is sometimes hard to get the quick answers you need.

"Positive Changes are Brewing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at Karyopharm Therapeutics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, incredible science, lots of opportunity to grow within the company, stretch roles or projects are encouraged and supported , and most important - the employees here are incredible human beings that I am honored to be associated with. The new head of HR has really come in and helped to make this company about the patients AND about the people who are so committed to serving those patients. There is a new feeling around the office of more teamwork and comraderie. I can honestly see the changes and improvements having a meaningful impact. I'm excited for this new development and to see where we will go as a community as well as a company over the next few years.

Cons

Workload has always been challenging here because we know how much completing some work as quickly as possible can change the life of a patient. We set very aggressive goals because of this which can cause burnout but I feel like it is starting to turn around.

Found 45 reviews