Kaseya Senior Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 3 de Jul 2019

1.0
Kaseya CEO Fred Voccola
Fred Voccola

"Getting rid of the old, welcome the new"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Kaseya full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic and brilliant engineers building a solid, technologically advanced product. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere where everyone knows your name and what you do. Most importantly and something I have come to admire is, leadership is not afraid to admit they were wrong and course-correct immediately. There were two Fridays in a row with layoffs but mostly necessary. "Old software" guard is not going to cut it... here anymore neither will the people that don't roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make us successful, no matter what your title says. I'm happy with the changes.

Cons

Not enough people to do the job, especially in Marketing; we can't hire fast enough. Revamped sales team will need a lot of coaching to catch up.

Advice to Management

We need to keep on hiring brilliant team members like we have been doing lately. Keep listening to the feedback from employees and don't let go off the vision we have carved for ourselves.

Kaseya2015-06-12

"The fake reviews are out in force"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Henderson, NV

I worked at Kaseya full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay. Good people, below management level. They actually try to improve the software. Learn how to write fake 5* reviews on Glassdoor. If you just want to come in, pick a bug ticket off the board and pretend to work on it, never say a word (to avoid being noticed and fired) )while collecting a paycheck, this is a great job for you. Get to hear Sr. management talk bad about everyone else while promising... you are the only one they can trust. Good lessons in how not to run a software company.

Cons

Dishonest management Extreme turnover Desperate attempts at outsourcing that increased turnover Cuts in benefits Company culture was destroyed by new management Old technology, buggy and insecure software No future plans (other than management to cash out). They buy companies to destroy them, while thinking outsourcing to eastern Europe is a good idea. Middle management (as seen in previous reviews) are... constantly hired to be scapegoated and fired for upper managements mistakes.

Kaseya2019-07-03

"Avoid this dead-end career wrecker!"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Henderson, NV

I worked at Kaseya full-time for less than a year

Pros

Building is nice, Colleagues are amazing, though mostly because they understand how horrible it is and don’t want to make matters worse, Quiet because so many have left.

Cons

Management is absolutely clueless and has no idea how to manage a lemonade stand let alone a software company. They change the process every day, sometimes multiple times a day. If you enjoy renaming branches and jiras all day, then this is the place for you! The build servers are constantly overloaded and buggy to the point where it takes hours to build code that takes seconds on a laptop. The code baseline is... ancient and you will be working on random bugs for a poorly architectured product even though they sell you on a pipe-dream of amazing code and next-gen tech. You’ll be making changes to the functional equivalent of dreamweaver the code is so bad (and old!). You’ll be blamed constantly for giving large estimates that still aren’t enough because it takes two weeks to hunt down the tiniest bug. This company literally fired their QA and closed the positions. If that doesn’t tell you all you need to know about quality control, nothing will. They expect engineers to do 2-3 weeks of manual testing each month so you only even get to work on bugs and code for a week before the “sprint” is up. Last but not least, upper management will ask for your advice or opinions then turn around and either fire you or punish you when you disagree. If you work here, my advice is to kiss the ring and get a new job as soon as possible. The CTO is especially horrible - he acts like he cares but he can’t take a suggestion.

Advice to Management

Learn to take suggestions from employees about how to improve your company - especially when you ask! Stop changing all of the people, processes, and procedures every day. Stop using 4 ways to communicate with employees. Give the vacation time back that you stole from all of the engineers. Stop outsourcing new development and leaving the boring tests and bugs for your stateside engineers. Enough is... enough! Learn how to code - most of your managers got there but can’t supervise coders because you can’t write code! You have no idea how long anything takes and don’t listen when we tell you about unreasonable deadlines. Honestly, this is the worst middle management of anywhere I’ve ever worked.

Kaseya2019-04-12

"Senior software engineer"

Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kaseya for more than a year

Pros

Interesting challenges to work on. Fun puzzles to solve. Smart colleagues.

Cons

At the time there was zero on-boarding, zero product introduction and a really strange office culture. They have since been acquired so its probably no longer the case.

Kaseya2016-02-08

"Sr Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Kaseya full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have had a great experience working for Kaseya. The people are great and the team that I worked with was amazing. Friendly and relaxed work environment

Cons

Lots of changes in the management caused to loose a lot of great talents. New management fire 100s of people without thinking about the cost for the company.

Advice to Management

Valuate your employees and keep the founders company's vision.

Kaseya2015-08-13

"Great company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Kaseya full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get to work with great engineers using the Latest technologies. Great company culture, family oriented. Management had a clear vission most of the time.

Cons

Fast pace environment. Learn on your own in a short term. Vacation needed to be requested weeks in advance.

Kaseya2015-01-25

"Excellent work experience"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Kaseya full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work hours, telecommute options, good benefits

Cons

Limited scope for development growth

Advice to Management

More communication is needed to all levels of company. More structure in the development process. Do not allow too many adhoc solutions to infiltrate the product

Kaseya2013-10-16

"good riddance ..chaos and uncertainty"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Kaseya full-time for more than a year

Pros

1.) flexible work timings 2.) relaxed dressing 3.) good work from home and leave policy 4.) sodexo coupons worth 1k /month.

Cons

1.) Nobody knows what going on leading to uncertainty and chaos and management doesn't share information with team . 2.) Huge trust deficit management proposes and promises new policies and then doesn't stick to it itself and does things which it says exactly wont do like " no more layoffs" 3.) myopic view of product and rolling to age old.net technology and pulling plug on state of... the art project and cutting edge technology work and wiping off a good portion whole team across US/INDIA overnight. 4.) There has been a series of "layoff" since august in US and India, the tech staff in India team is now down to single digits from 50, also a few employees who were shifted to US with long term plan a while have now back here. 5.) No lunch facility at work place, only a tiny breakout area. 5.) India center has now has hardly any tech related work left now only sales and support work is happening here on older products. + HR sucks

Advice to Management

Instead of slowing killing the team , shut the reminding of Tech resource in India off, pull the band aid at once its easier for everyone.

Kaseya2016-01-04

"One of the most dynamic and versatile companies I have ever worked for."

Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Kaseya

Pros

Wow. I was reading some of the reviews of the prior posts and was quite amazed. Is this the same company I work for? I have been here several years and have had tremendous growth and mentoring. And, the management has given me all of the tools and opportunities to advance and do more than I imagined. Pros - Where do I start? Work/Home life balance, technical, fun, great leadership, visionary. Just look at the... Gartner Magic Quadrant Chart. Kaseya is actually in it for Visionaries! Pretty impressive!

Cons

A lot of people tend to complain way to much and Kaseya listens way too often. Writing this level of software can be technically challenging and not for your every day average developer. Not a place to work if you don't like technical challenges.

Advice to Management

Visit the different offices on a more frequent basis. Post more blogs on what it is we are doing, it's very exciting.

Kaseya2012-01-28