Kaseya Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 30 de Aug 2019

3.2
Kaseya CEO Fred Voccola
Fred Voccola

"Mostly good with lots of potential"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Kaseya full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having watched the company grow and make a lot of changes over the past few years I can confidently say there is so much upside for employees. Everything seems to get better as time goes on, but don't be fooled and think things change overnight. We are a big company with a small feel and even with the normal job stress you find anywhere if you put in the work there is a sense of appreciation and success.

Cons

Retirement plan could be better. Clearer goals from management.

Kaseya2019-08-05

"Absolutely not"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Kaseya full-time

Pros

Paychecks were deposited into my account

Cons

Under no circumstances should you work for this company. My company (Spanning) was acquired by Kaseya, and they didn't even tell us about it for months. Their CEO finally came and delivered a grand vision of synergies and a bundled software suite. It seemed to be mostly hot air, and Kaseya got to work on quickly proving that. Shortly after the announcement, they laid off half of our executive staff. Their CTO then... held a meeting with all of engineering, product, and design. He spent over an hour talking mostly about himself, handed us a bunch of coins that he had designed himself, and then proceeded to tell us that we were all too expensive. After a question about our jobs, he went on to explain that he had no need for a bunch of talented engineers, but really just one and then a few interns or offshore developers. He wrapped up by extending us an invitation to join him "on the bus" with a Powerpoint slide that included a photo of a bus with a Kaseya logo on it. Needless to say, it wasn't convincing. Attrition was instantaneous and extremely high, whether forced or organic. This seems to have been their plan all along. Kaseya pretty quickly moved the Spanning office. By the time the move was complete, roughly half of the company had already left or been let go. Offshore engineers were hired to replace some of the attrition, but the products went entirely on life-support. No new feature work exists, no innovation is taking place, and there is zero room for advancement or growth for employees still left within the company. My understanding is that even the new office is being closed down and any remaining employees will simply work from a co-working space now. So much tribal knowledge was lost, and big customers followed. There are very few employees that haven't been offshored yet. Spanning was such an amazing company to work for, even through multiple acquisitions by EMC, Dell, and at least for a short while, Insight Venture Partners. Once Kaseya took the helm, the ship almost immediately sank. Determined to get to the bottom of what happened, Kaseya sent in a consultant to the Spanning office, who basically ignored anything said by the employees there. He returned to Kaseya's offices to triumphantly proclaim that the previous leadership team of Spanning was at fault for all of the problems related to the acquisition. After working there for many years and experiencing three prior acquisitions, I can assure you that this is entirely untrue. While they weren't without their faults, overall the Spanning leadership did an absolutely amazing job building a culture that truly motivated people to do their best, demonstrated that they actually cared about developing their employees, and really made us all feel like family. It was truly a pleasure working at Spanning and I am extremely proud of everything I accomplished and learned there. Kaseya was simply a nightmare. The company is toxic and you should not consider working there. They do not value people, and they do not value products. Their sole focus appears to be slashing jobs in order to line the pockets of the executive staff.

Kaseya2019-08-30

"Fun, Fast & Fantastic"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Kaseya full-time for more than a year

Pros

What can I say, I really like working here. From the people to the products and overall company direction I think we are doing some big things and I'm really excited for the future. There is okay room for growth and a great work/life balance.

Cons

Benefits could be better from a retirement point of view, but they pay more overall than some other companies in the area so it about evens up.

Kaseya2019-06-17

"Don't get the hate"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Henderson, NV

I worked at Kaseya full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't get the hate with some of these negative reviews. I've been in the industry for many years now and Kaseya was as good a place as any to work at, maybe even a little better in some areas - and I've had a lot of jobs. People and atmosphere were solid, for work I mean and management had clear, realistic expectations. Plus it paid well for the area.

Cons

Things can always be better but if i had to say something it would be that many times guidance and advice had to be sought out vs provided to you. This might be why some people have struggled here - you have to have some drive since there is a lot of autonomy and freedom even though you are on a team.

Kaseya2019-05-20

"The fake reviews are out in force"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Henderson, NV

I worked at Kaseya full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay. Good people, below management level. They actually try to improve the software. Learn how to write fake 5* reviews on Glassdoor. If you just want to come in, pick a bug ticket off the board and pretend to work on it, never say a word (to avoid being noticed and fired) )while collecting a paycheck, this is a great job for you. Get to hear Sr. management talk bad about everyone else while promising... you are the only one they can trust. Good lessons in how not to run a software company.

Cons

Dishonest management Extreme turnover Desperate attempts at outsourcing that increased turnover Cuts in benefits Company culture was destroyed by new management Old technology, buggy and insecure software No future plans (other than management to cash out). They buy companies to destroy them, while thinking outsourcing to eastern Europe is a good idea. Middle management (as seen in previous reviews) are... constantly hired to be scapegoated and fired for upper managements mistakes.

Kaseya2019-07-03

"Avoid this dead-end career wrecker!"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Henderson, NV

I worked at Kaseya full-time for less than a year

Pros

Building is nice, Colleagues are amazing, though mostly because they understand how horrible it is and don’t want to make matters worse, Quiet because so many have left.

Cons

Management is absolutely clueless and has no idea how to manage a lemonade stand let alone a software company. They change the process every day, sometimes multiple times a day. If you enjoy renaming branches and jiras all day, then this is the place for you! The build servers are constantly overloaded and buggy to the point where it takes hours to build code that takes seconds on a laptop. The code baseline is... ancient and you will be working on random bugs for a poorly architectured product even though they sell you on a pipe-dream of amazing code and next-gen tech. You’ll be making changes to the functional equivalent of dreamweaver the code is so bad (and old!). You’ll be blamed constantly for giving large estimates that still aren’t enough because it takes two weeks to hunt down the tiniest bug. This company literally fired their QA and closed the positions. If that doesn’t tell you all you need to know about quality control, nothing will. They expect engineers to do 2-3 weeks of manual testing each month so you only even get to work on bugs and code for a week before the “sprint” is up. Last but not least, upper management will ask for your advice or opinions then turn around and either fire you or punish you when you disagree. If you work here, my advice is to kiss the ring and get a new job as soon as possible. The CTO is especially horrible - he acts like he cares but he can’t take a suggestion.

Advice to Management

Learn to take suggestions from employees about how to improve your company - especially when you ask! Stop changing all of the people, processes, and procedures every day. Stop using 4 ways to communicate with employees. Give the vacation time back that you stole from all of the engineers. Stop outsourcing new development and leaving the boring tests and bugs for your stateside engineers. Enough is... enough! Learn how to code - most of your managers got there but can’t supervise coders because you can’t write code! You have no idea how long anything takes and don’t listen when we tell you about unreasonable deadlines. Honestly, this is the worst middle management of anywhere I’ve ever worked.

Kaseya2019-04-12

"Avoid this company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Kaseya full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fake positive Glassdoor reviews, just look all the unusual positive reviews after negative reviews. Casual dress code

Cons

-Upper management have no clue of what to do and they will blame you for their failures -Lot of employee turnover -Old technology and full of security holes -Cutting jobs in America and outsourcing to Eastern Europe

Advice to Management

Quit and stop lying

Kaseya2019-01-13

"Good place to grow"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Kaseya full-time for more than a year

Pros

Personal and professional growth is encouraged. Under new management, this has never been more true. The company is being pushed in a more positive and professional direction and the environment feels more legitimate than it did a year ago. Kaseya gave me a great opportunity to boost my career.

Cons

With the company moving towards more professionalism, the stakes and expectations are higher. You've got to work harder to prove your worth so there's a bit of newly added stress.

Advice to Management

Upper management and the executive team does a good job of not making us feel as though we're isolated from them. I just think communication of daily expectations could be improved upon.

Kaseya2018-04-30

"Great company and people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Kaseya full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Plenty of challenges and opportunities to learn and do new things. Very diverse group of people and skills. Our sales are growing. The current management is moving this company forward.

Cons

Sometimes you have to do some work. It is a job after all. The office was toxic for some time with previous management; everything is better now.

Kaseya2018-04-17

"Senior software engineer"

Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kaseya for more than a year

Pros

Interesting challenges to work on. Fun puzzles to solve. Smart colleagues.

Cons

At the time there was zero on-boarding, zero product introduction and a really strange office culture. They have since been acquired so its probably no longer the case.

Kaseya2016-02-08